#Barclays 24/25

Wee-Bey

13 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Which squad do you mean?  I can't think of one nearly as dogshit as this one.  Full of utter jobbers.

2013 is the one people talk about, but I think that's overplayed. They still had a team full of established winners like Ferdinand, Evra, Rooney, Giggs, Fletcher, Vidic Carrick, Hernandez, plus had just bought the best player in the league in van Persie. They were also a last minute goal away from winning the league the previous season which shows even without van Persie (who is always credited with winning them the title) that they were a very good team.

What is definitely true is that team were right at the end of their winning cycle, all the guys mentioned were at, or slightly past, their best. And the youngsters Ferguson had brought in to be the next generation were largely useless. But that fact has kind of morphed into this idea that Ferguson worked miracles to win the league 2013, which isn't true.

Edited by Diamonds are Forever

6 minutes ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

2013 is the one people talk about, but I think that's overplayed. They still had a team full of established winners like Ferdinand, Evra, Rooney, Giggs, Fletcher, Vidic Carrick, Hernandez, plus had just bought the best player in the league in van Persie. They were also a last minute goal away from winning the league the previous season which shows even without van Persie (who is always credited with winning them the title) that they were a very good team.

What is definitely true is that team were right at the end of their winning cycle, all the guys mentioned were at, or slightly past, their best. And the youngsters Ferguson had brought in to be the next generation were largely useless. But that fact has kind of morphed into this idea that Ferguson worked miracles to win the league 2013, which isn't true.

Aye I think that's where he was going. Or the 2011 one, which would be an equally mental shout.

4 minutes ago, Jives Miguel said:

That Ten Hag interview is bordering on parody. Absolutely delusional takes.

I'd like to know why he doesn't get pelters for how defensive his sides are. If that was a Conte or Mourinho team yesterday, they would be getting murdered for bus parking.

I think its because he won the league a few times (with the biggest Dutch club, hardly an achievement)the Nigels seem to see him as some kind of messiah.  And also the media all want United to be brilliant again.  He's basically immune from criticism.

2 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

So I see a 42 year old Arsenal fan has been arrested and charged for trying to assault Roy Keane and Micah Richards.    Stupidity knows no bounds,  I guess.  

42 years old, christ, and given the incident appeared to be in a hospitality are he’s probably spent a thousands on it as well. 

19 hours ago, s_dog said:

Like the comment on MotD from the Burnley game comparing their record of only 3 league defeats last season, and already lost 3 this year "it's the biggest jump in world football!" 

Heard this a couple times now too. 

I thought their 2nd tier was the strongest in world football?

27 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

Assaulting anyone is stupid, but assaulting Roy Keane is incredibly stupid

Wanting to assault Micah Richards is entirely understandable though. Probably a lovely man, but renders most football programs unwatchable.

https://richardajkeys.com/index.php/blog/383-come-on-fergie-tell-us-what-you-think-is-best-for-utd

Keysey devotes the majority of this week's blog to imploring an 81-year-old Sir Alex Ferguson, who recently survived a serious health scare, to attack Man United's owners and engage in a public dispute that would almost certainly not actually change anything. 

13 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

https://richardajkeys.com/index.php/blog/383-come-on-fergie-tell-us-what-you-think-is-best-for-utd

Keysey devotes the majority of this week's blog to imploring an 81-year-old Sir Alex Ferguson, who recently survived a serious health scare, to attack Man United's owners and engage in a public dispute that would almost certainly not actually change anything. 

Let’s finish with Chelsea. What is going on there? Pochettino now says he needs time to mould a team. There isn’t any time Poch. The time is NOW. Sort it out for goodness sake. 

This part really resonated with me. Chelsea are a proper club, with proper fans. And they absolutely deserve better. 

1 hour ago, DrewDon said:

Is this the 2018 brain haemorrhage or was there another more recent one? 

1 hour ago, DrewDon said:

Worked well for Walter Smith and Rangers.