#Barclays 24/25

Cheese

1 minute ago, AyrshireTon said:

Looked like a cross to the back post area, there was a forward running in (can’t recall who). Co-commentator also said it wasn’t meant as a shot.

I'd question whether a professional footballer at the top level misjudged a cross to the back post to that extent, having already seen Raya in a ridiculous position well off his line.

The technique of the ball and trajectory is all off for a back post cross too - about 5 yards off from only the edge of the box. Even Jai Quitongo could probably do better than that. 

It's not compulsory to strike the ball into the net; I'd say it's more likely than not to be deliberate. 

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

Like clockwork the Nigels i follow on Twitter are demanding that Ramsdale is subbed on for Raya immediately. 

The best part of Arteta's fraudulent management being that Ramsdale is even more of a bombscare than Raya. 

Just now, virginton said:

I'd question whether a professional footballer at the top level misjudged a cross to the back post to that extent, having already seen Raya in a ridiculous position well off his line.

The technique of the ball and trajectory is all off for a back post cross too - about 5 yards off from only the edge of the box. Even Jai Quitongo could probably do better than that. 

It's not compulsory to strike the ball into the net; I'd say it's more likely than not to be deliberate. 

Fair enough. On the replay I thought he was looking at his teammate when he hit it.

2 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Like clockwork the Nigels i follow on Twitter are demanding that Ramsdale is subbed on for Raya immediately. 

Ramsdale isnt in the squad, it’s some young boy on the bench.

As I was alluding to above though, if he really meant his shite about keeper substituons the other month he’d be taking Raya off here.

3 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Given the weeks-long fallout about Onana against Wolves on the opening weekend, I'm surprised a bit more wasn't made of Sanchez on Jesus there. 

Please, Sanchez is an established Barclays member. Onana is still working his way into the club.

5 minutes ago, AyrshireTon said:

Fair enough. On the replay I thought he was looking at his teammate when he hit it.

He also had his head up for quite some time before playing the ball though, which is why I think he clocked the situation and deceived the goalkeeper. 

24 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Actually, what is the most 'Saturday 5:30pm' Barclays game? And why is it Brighton and Hove Albion at home to literally anybody?

Monday's Spurs vs Fulham fixture would have been much more MNF had it been at the Cottage, imo.

Someone's going to have to walk me through the egghead 'football philosophy' where passing the ball out from the goalkeeper is preferable to getting it launched to f**k, when 2 fucking nil up with 20 minutes in the game to go. In what bizarre, alternative universe do the benefits outweigh the risks of that decision? 

Just now, virginton said:

Someone's going to have to walk me through the egghead 'football philosophy' where passing the ball out from the goalkeeper is preferable to getting it launched to f**k, when 2 fucking nil up with 20 minutes in the game to go. In what bizarre, alternative universe do the benefits outweigh the risks of that decision? 

I’m at the point where I want to see teams concede when they do that stuff.

See also - missing a penalty after a start/stop tiptoeing run-up.

3 minutes ago, virginton said:

Chelsea should have been home and dry and they’ve absolutely fucked it. They’ve been the much better team generally.