#Barclays 24/25

Cheese

27 minutes ago, Venti said:

Just seen.

Shiter. One of those guys you'd never tire of watching.

Absolutely.

Your Rolls Royces, your Aston Martins, your Bentleys (not David)

36 minutes ago, Smurph said:

St. James' Park will host two Saudi Arabia national team friendlies against Costa Rica and South Korea in September. You just love to see it.

Hearts missed a trick not hosting a couple of Lithuanian national team games at Tynecastle.

The influence of Saudi Arabia grows on Tyneside.

I'd like to see it go in the opposite direction, a Greggs in downtown Riyadh for the pilgrims to grab a quick steak bake and yum yum on the way to Mecca. Alan Shearer leading the call to prayer. Blaydon Races playing at the latest public execution.

4 hours ago, Smurph said:

St. James' Park will host two Saudi Arabia national team friendlies against Costa Rica and South Korea in September. You just love to see it.

Lovely, lovely stuff.  The diversity the Barclays supports and promotes is unrivaled IMO.  Hopefully it'll bring people of all colours and creeds together to watch the games.

2 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Is Greenwood actually any good? Is he good enough to be worth... this?

Some folk will certainly say he has the potential to be. For me he's a way off what United need to get to the level they want to be at, and in no way worth all this shit. 

They've maybe promised a Saudi club they'll prove he still works before they fork out 🤷‍♂️

Was never overly impressed with Greenwood as a player although there was potential there. f**k knows in today's market but I wouldn't be surprised if Man Utd still value him as a £60 -80 million or more asset.

The bean counters have probably had the final say here.

He was nothing more than a promising youngster, certainly far from irreplaceable for a club of their resources. Why he wasn't launched immediately is an absolute mystery to me.

I've always disliked Utd in a banter kind of way, probably because my brother was obsessed with them in the 90s, but if they keep Greenwood on this will be upgraded to a genuine & justified hatred.