#Barclays 24/25

Wee-Bey

I thought part of the decision making process for denying clear goalscoring opportunity was you remove the defender who committed the foul from the picture. 

In that case Isak is clean through with no defender anywhere near him. If it's a foul (which it is imo, he kicks through him to get the ball) then it's a red card

36 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

What type of foul? Be specific.

The type of foul where defenders pull down an attacking player who is running past them whilst making absolutely no attempt to play the ball.

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

Why can't he just admit it's a red card? Is he told to just defend Liverpool to the end by the producers? 

I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt and say he's doing it to stimulate debate etc but I honestly think he's just being every bit as seething and biased as every football fan who is convinced their team have been hard done by.

11 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

The type of foul where defenders pull down an attacking player who is running past them whilst making absolutely no attempt to play the ball.

He didn't pull him down at all. He stepped across and blocked him off. considering Gordon was not going to get the ball it doessn't meet any of the criteria for a yellow card

22 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Why can't he just admit it's a red card? Is he told to just defend Liverpool to the end by the producers? 

I certainly think that, last few years its become clear that having pundits agree on even the most obvious incidents is not what they want .  Honest punditry is being pushed out in favour of middle aged men screaming at each other

Edited by parsforlife

11 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

By his logic, any striker getting through 1 on 1 isn’t a clear goalscoring opportunity. 

This was exactly what I was thinking. If you use clear goal scoring opportunity, he was as clean through as you can get. His logic means there could never be a clear scoring opportunity, unless the ball actually went into the net somehow.

8 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

He didn't pull him down at all. He stepped across and blocked him off. considering Gordon was not going to get the ball it doessn't meet any of the criteria for a yellow card

In other words you agree he

Commits a tactical foul designed to interfere with or impede an opposing team's attacking play

Glad we cleared that up

14 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

The greatest full back in the history of the game being torn a new one by “Anthony Gordon”.

Yep. I don't think I've ever seen Gordon get even close to giving a full back this much bother before. 

Humiliating for TAA. 

6 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

This was exactly what I was thinking. If you use clear goal scoring opportunity, he was as clean through as you can get. His logic means there could never be a clear scoring opportunity, unless the ball actually went into the net somehow.

His logic seemed to be that the attacker didn't touch the ball after running beyond VvD and therefore could still have miscontrolled it had he not been fouled.

A desperate straw grab.