#Barclays 24/25

Wee-Bey

1 hour ago, Zetterlund said:

"Rice Rice baby and the Angel Gabriel" FFS.

Drury will be getting muted many times this season.

I can’t believe Sky actually hired him. Some of the commentary he comes out with is downright bizarre. I used to think that he was intentionally doing it to play to the American audience watching on NBC, but evidently that was not the case.

I can see his point on the offside. But as far as their penalty claim and gabriel fouling for the second. He is absolutely clutching at straws, hójlund was pulling on the defender and hoping it would pull him down on top of him. And at the corner, evans has his hands wrapped round Gabriel and throws him to the ground. 
The cheer when maguire came on was funny. 

2 hours ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

Literally only in the #Barclay’s.

Like the comment on MotD from the Burnley game comparing their record of only 3 league defeats last season, and already lost 3 this year "it's the biggest jump in world football!" 

Edited by s_dog

1 hour ago, accies1874 said:

You'd have thought the Dele Alli incident would make the jokers on this thread think twice before jumping head-first into "English player bad!" but obviously not.

Exactly. The last thing the boy probably needs is his manager throwing him under the bus like that.

A player on £350,000 a week though, that I had actually forgot about. Bloody Glazers. Get the green and gold scarves out again.

The place is toxic again. Ten Haha will be lucky to see Christmas.

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

I wasn't actually aware there were stories about Sancho this week. Presumably the gist of it is that he missed training or something going by his statement....

Ten Haag criticised his application in training. A proper "u OK, ***?" Twitter post from Sancho there. 

Incidentally, £73m transfer fees on dross not good enough to get into the starting lineup and wages of £350k(!) a week to boot are exactly the reason Man Utd have resorted to signing geriatric failures or are loaning players not good enough for Tottenham. Not the Glazers' fault a succession of managers have spent big on utter dross. 

To be fair, ten Hag does seem like a very average manager.  Probably not helped by the worst Man United squad in 30 odd years.  Look at what 'Ange' has managed with Spurs in about 8 weeks working with them.  And that's with losing a guy who is guaranteed to get you at least 30 goals a season.

ten Hag hasn't improved United one iota since he's been their manager.

2 hours ago, SH Panda said:

English players can't be criticised in case they later claim to be victims of child abuse?

Interesting take.

It's hardly specific to one nationality, it's well known Martial has a stinking attitude too and, despite repeatedly playing badly, even he is ahead of Sancho.

Obviously footballers can be criticised - it's literally all that gets posted on this thread - but Dele Alli got the exact same shite about his attitude, professionalism and other comments about him as a person from folk who had absolutely no idea what he was going through, so what makes you so sure that Sancho isn't dealing with his own issues? He might well be a helmet, but you have absolutely no idea so why bother commenting on what he's like as a person?

Sancho is in the wrong era I think. Back in the 80s and 90s he'd have been incredible due to his skills and trickery. When you play like that (some of his BVB highlights reels are fantastic) being lazy in training is almost expected and no big deal. Flair players and individuality have less of a place in the modern game.

3 hours ago, TheScarf said:

To be fair, ten Hag does seem like a very average manager.  Probably not helped by the worst Man United squad in 30 odd years.  Look at what 'Ange' has managed with Spurs in about 8 weeks working with them.  And that's with losing a guy who is guaranteed to get you at least 30 goals a season.

ten Hag hasn't improved United one iota since he's been their manager.

It's not even close to being the worst Man U squad for 30. Although the fact SAF has won the title with worse isn't exactly an endorsement of Ten Haag.

14 minutes ago, sparky88 said:

It's not even close to being the worst Man U squad for 30. Although the fact SAF has won the title with worse isn't exactly an endorsement of Ten Haag.

Which squad do you mean?  I can't think of one nearly as dogshit as this one.  Full of utter jobbers.