#Barclays 24/25

Cheese

22 minutes ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

It's extremely frustrating knowing that Everton will stink the place out this season yet again, but in all probability will manage to avoid relegation due to having 3 awful teams below them.

Luton have no chance, Sheffield Utd seem like certainties too. The only hope is Burnley have a bit about them. They've only played the top 2 plus Villa so far so hopefully against some poorer teams they are able to compete.

This is the thing.  Everton are rank rotten and in a normal year they would be easy relegation fodder, but 2 of the 3 promoted teams don't seem to have put any effort into staying up, just using the Barclays money to stabilize their finances at Championship level so all they really need to do is finish ahead of Burnley or maybe Wolves

Edited by senorsoupe

12 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

You say that but it took a very late goal for City to beat them then two even later goals for Spurs to beat them yesterday. 

You need to actually win games to avoid relegation and they'll be lucky to do so more than 3 times all season. 

Those honours around the upper tier at the City Ground are a wild ride. 

You’ve got the 1980 European Cup, then two trophies later they’re claiming the second tier title as a major honour. Three and it’s the play-off “title”. 

https://richardajkeys.com/index.php/blog

A big problem I think they’ve got is that I don’t see warriors in their group - solid citizens like JT, Lampard, Drogba, Essien, Cech. Chelsea have always had ‘winners’ in their best teams. I don’t see any now. I see a group of ‘nice’ lads. ‘Nice’ doesn’t win big games or trophies.

Nail and Head.

I know Keysey has to spare precious blog space for his frankly excellent weekly put-downs of Seven Hag, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him backing my shout for Dennis Wise to be installed as Director of Football at Chelsea Football Club.

Edited by AMMjag

On 19/09/2023 at 11:00, Bairnardo said:

Artetas comments on the goalkeeper switch are proof, if needed, thaymt he is just absolutely depserate to do something left field that makes him appear really really clever. Hard to argue against Tierney being a victim of his bullshit when you see such patter. 

Behave.