Two seasons in

29 minutes ago, Thejackdaw said:

Only a few years ago st cadocs were boasting of a 6,000 all seater stadium in the mearns area and that they would be in the SPL in ten years time , I wonder if there are any updates on the 6k stadium and how it's coming along ...............

Don't remember anything about a 6,000 all seater stadium. Sure you're not thinking of EKFC as I can't think of any other non-league team talk in those kind of terms.

St Cadoc's Crookfur Park proposal I vaguely remember was the more typical "we're going to create a community hub"

6 minutes ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

It was always going to be difficult for them to find something in the area that was suitable. Most land is marked for housing developments with the town now expanding south having expanded north previously. It is a great catchment area for developing a fan base, but I dont see where they can get a ground without paying a lot of money or fighting off the NIMBYS who have stopped them twice previously. 

I want to see them succeed but not the way they currently are as for me it makes a mockery of our league. 

The talk initially was turning Crookfur Park into a football stadium. But anyone from the Southside could have told you without skipping a breath that the good people of The Mearns would never ever ever allow that to happen.

Pipe dream and pulling wool over people's eyes are phrases that spring to mind.

Edited by HorseyGhirl

2 minutes ago, HorseyGhirl said:

The talk initially was turning Crookfur Park into a football stadium. But anyone from the Southside could have told you without skipping a breath that the good people of The Mearns would never ever ever allow that to happen.

Pipe dream and pulling wool over people's eyes are phrases that spring to mind.

I believe their actual youth teams play at the pitches next to Auldhouse Retail Park in Shawbridge near Pollok Park. Due diligence is a well used phrase that springs to mind.

I thinks fair enough, even reasonable if youve got two clubs who are permanently based in the same town sharing a ground, obviously it works great for us and Yoker, with both clubs having an excellent facility to use.

But i do think its a bit of an outrage that you have clubs who as has been pointed out are meant to represent an area they are named after etc and have it would seem absolutely no intent on playing there in the short to medium term and even long term is pie in the sky stuff. It cheapens the integrity of the league which should be about clubs bringing their communities together. 

10 hours ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

Thats Giffnock SC that are based at Auldhouse.

I've no lived there for decades so probs wrong.

Giffnock played out of Eastwood Park in Thornliebank. My understanding is thats where they plan to have the senior team based after a bit of upgrading.

Footnote: Find out Friday when you will be heading down to Meadow Park.

10 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I thinks fair enough, even reasonable if youve got two clubs who are permanently based in the same town sharing a ground, obviously it works great for us and Yoker, with both clubs having an excellent facility to use.

But i do think its a bit of an outrage that you have clubs who as has been pointed out are meant to represent an area they are named after etc and have it would seem absolutely no intent on playing there in the short to medium term and even long term is pie in the sky stuff. It cheapens the integrity of the league which should be about clubs bringing their communities together. 

I do agree about this part - if clubs aren't run in service of a support then what's the point? They're basically the fitba equivalent of those pop-up fireworks shops you see in disused shops for a fortnight in late October every year. 

I know nothing about the administrative mechanisms at play but I suspect it's a very difficult thing for governing bodies to do anything about as the clubs will always manage to produce a loophole-finding explanation why they had no other choice. 

3 minutes ago, Shanner said:

I do agree about this part - if clubs aren't run in service of a support then what's the point? They're basically the fitba equivalent of those pop-up fireworks shops you see in disused shops for a fortnight in late October every year. 

I know nothing about the administrative mechanisms at play but I suspect it's a very difficult thing for governing bodies to do anything about as the clubs will always manage to produce a loophole-finding explanation why they had no other choice. 

Football without fans is nothing…..

14 hours ago, HorseyGhirl said:

I've no lived there for decades so probs wrong.

Giffnock played out of Eastwood Park in Thornliebank. My understanding is thats where they plan to have the senior team based after a bit of upgrading.

Footnote: Find out Friday when you will be heading down to Meadow Park.

Giffnock have taken over the Auldhouse pitches that belonged to Hutchy with it being a swap and Hutchy moving to Giffnock's place at Pollok Park. St Cadocs I believe have been using Eastwood High for their youth teams and various pitches around the East Renfrewshire area for games.

34 minutes ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

Giffnock have taken over the Auldhouse pitches that belonged to Hutchy with it being a swap and Hutchy moving to Giffnock's place at Pollok Park. St Cadocs I believe have been using Eastwood High for their youth teams and various pitches around the East Renfrewshire area for games.

God does any club play where they are actually from anymore.

So where are Giffnock looking to build their wee theatre of dreams, as my info is obviously pish.

St.Cadocs will never get to play in The Mearns. Pretty sure about that.

8 hours ago, parsforlife said:

On the ‘it’s not where they say their from’ Partick thistle seem have done alright and nobody is trying to chase them. 

That appears common practice in Glesca. With CeltGers both playing in a different country from where their roots are. 😉

I think 3 miles is acceptable. Lok have never played in Pollok. Ants no longer in Govan. Dunipace are in Denny. The list is endless.

What irks people about St.Cadocs and to a lesser extent St.Peters is they don't play in the town they claim to represent. And will they ever.

4 minutes ago, HorseyGhirl said:

That appears common practice in Glesca. With CeltGers both playing in a different country from where their roots are. 😉

I think 3 miles is acceptable. Lok have never played in Pollok. Ants no longer in Govan. Dunipace are in Denny. The list is endless.

What irks people about St.Cadocs and to a lesser extent St.Peters is they don't play in the town they claim to represent. And will they ever.

I know St Peters were hoping to play at Moredun in the Glenburn area of the town. I don't know if that is still the case

9 hours ago, HorseyGhirl said:

God does any club play where they are actually from anymore.

So where are Giffnock looking to build their wee theatre of dreams, as my info is obviously pish.

St.Cadocs will never get to play in The Mearns. Pretty sure about that.

Giffnock SC have been playing out of Dumbreck Road for a number of years. They did the swap with Hutchy as Auldhouse was too big for Hutchy these days. Both still own the respective grounds but long term leases have been agreed. Giffnock SC will redevelop Auldhouse.

IIRC Giffnock North played out of Eastwood not Giffnock SC.

9 hours ago, parsforlife said:

On the ‘it’s not where they say their from’ Partick thistle seem have done alright and nobody is trying to chase them. 

I think the difference is that St Cadocs are from Newton Mearns playing in Glasgow, Rossvale (Now Caley Loccos) are from Bishopbriggs and moved to Glasgow and then even further into Glasgow. The example you give is 2 miles away from where they were from. Plus times have changed and neither Partick, Celtic or Rangers are did so to ground share with someone else. 

Edited by Arthurlie1981

33 minutes ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

Giffnock SC have been playing out of Dumbreck Road for a number of years. They did the swap with Hutchy as Auldhouse was too big for Hutchy these days. Both still own the respective grounds but long term leases have been agreed. Giffnock SC will redevelop Auldhouse.

Think I'm getting clubs mixed up with each other. For a while about 10 years ago got it in my head that the Pollok Youth teams were the Pollok United that played at the Bonnyholm pitches off Linthaugh Rd.

tbf I did leave Pollok in 1985 and have never returned.

Please feel free to keep me right whenever I'm wrong. I'd sack my source bit it is a cousin, so not possible. 😂😂

53 minutes ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

Nah, Giffnock did and I think even after the new astro is finished will continue to operate a lot of their youth teams out of the pitch next to St Ninians in Eastwood Park. Giffnock North play out of a pitch next to the running club just up from the Police station in Giffnock

2 hours ago, HorseyGhirl said:

St Cadocs actually claim "Renfrewshire and surrounding areas". No mention of a town.

25 minutes ago, Stag Nation said:

St Cadocs actually claim "Renfrewshire and surrounding areas". No mention of a town.

You have selectively quoted what it says. The full quote is; 

Our aim is to give kids within the Renfrewshire and surrounding area's an opportunity to enjoy and develop their football & Netball skills in a safe and secure environment, with the full support and backing of our club coaches – all of our club coaches have the relevant SYFA coaching certificates and have been fully Disclosure Scotland checked.

St Cadocs Primary is in Newton Mearns, that is where they were founded from.