FA Cup 2023/24

Eednud

52 minutes ago, J_Stewart said:

Mentioned it in the Barclays thread, but Kai Havertz is just the German Ross Barkley. Absolute shite, and his consistent inclusion at expectant title contenders is completely inexplicable 

Ahem! Ross Barkley has been superb this season for Luton. 

The best finisher in that stadium was sat in the crowd; Mr John Barnes. Some player.  Thankfully, Diaz showed a bit of quality.  Arsenal look like a side you can get at, to me.  Once they started moaning at the ref, I started to cheer up. I'd be disappointed with my keeper for that first goal.  I'd want him clearing folk out, to try and take a catch.  We'll done to the young subs.

1 hour ago, HibeeJibee said:

Wigan v Manchester Utd still to come (and a good few replays): but that aside has Maidstone edging out Stevenage been the only actual 'shock' or 'giant-killing'? Possibly the drabbest R3 ever.

I think so but I wouldn't rule out United springing a surprise tomorrow...

21 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

This Bradley lad has done really well since coming on.  Much better defensively than Trent

Was excellent on loan at Bolton last season but an injury in pre-season has hampered his progress. Did well in his 15 minutes or so. 

Good day out yesterday - fair play to Arsenal only £11 for kids. 

22 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Wigan v Manchester Utd still to come (and a good few replays): but that aside has Maidstone edging out Stevenage been the only actual 'shock' or 'giant-killing'? Possibly the drabbest R3 ever.

Yeah it’s a shame. Clubs seem to be taking it more seriously this year and not playing as many kids as usual.

I feel like English people when Sky are telling them how good the Old Firm is despite them playing six times a season. Tottenham v Man City seems to happen all the time.

Newport or Eastleigh v (Probably) Man United is the only genuinely interesting one 

36 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

Yeah it’s a shame. Clubs seem to be taking it more seriously this year and not playing as many kids as usual.

Helped by removing a round of fixtures over Christmas and a break after for Premier League clubs.