Cyprus (a) - venue change

5 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I think they'll be fine. Hopefully anyway. 

I think we'll sell out but it';ll go down the levels a few more i think. 

If we take guts of 4,000 to Cyprus it's an incredible support given we'll likely have 10,000+ in Spain 4 weeks later. 

Coming up as sold out although if you keep refreshing the odd one pops up, very very slim chance of anyone on 8 getting a ticket.

3rd away game for me but the first ever time with a ticket in the away end, great to be finally getting the points.

Wow didn't expect it to sell out at 9 points. I would have went if it wasn't for Aberdeen games in Europe.  Only picking France and Georgia games to go to.

Bit concerned I might not get away ticket for the France game and was tempted to get a ticket for Cyprus even though I wasn't going as on 11 points, but its not right stopping someone getting in the away end. 

Edited by betting competition

5 hours ago, betting competition said:

Wow didn't expect it to sell out at 9 points. I would have went if it wasn't for Aberdeen games in Europe.  Only picking France and Georgia games to go to.

Bit concerned I might not get away ticket for the France game and was tempted to get a ticket for Cyprus even though I wasn't going as on 11 points, but its not right stopping someone getting in the away end. 

If you have 11 points I doubt you will have any trouble getting a ticket for the France game. 

5 hours ago, betting competition said:

If you have 11 points I doubt you will have any trouble getting a ticket for the France game. 

1 hour ago, Jobby1 said:

So ignoring loyalty points what are the chances of getting a ticket for the game if on holiday in Cyprus at one of the big resorts . I know capacity is smaller but believe not many home fans expected ?

Should still manage to get a ticket in the home end

https://theasis.cy.net/koa/en/home/

Use that to sign up, for your address use the address for your accommodation, ID Number is just your passport. Tickets on sale 18th August. 

Davy Busses on Facebook has a more detailed - and probably more reliable - step by step version of that. 

Edited by PSJ.84

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, stressball said:

Come on Scotland, let’s get qualification wrapped up.

We could go into the final few qualifying rounds knowing that we’ve wrapped it up and I’d still be convinced that we could somehow blow it.

2 hours ago, stressball said:

Come on Scotland, let’s get qualification wrapped up.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

We could go into the final few qualifying rounds knowing that we’ve wrapped it up and I’d still be convinced that we could somehow blow it.

There's unfortunately a much higher chance of it going down to the final doubleheader than people realise.

Assuming Spain beat both Georgia and Cyprus this week, we win in Cyprus and Norway beat Georgia,

then the group will read:

Scotland 15 (5 played)

Spain 9 (4 played)

Norway 7 (5 played)

Georgia 4 (5 played) - Cannot catch Scotland but may still qualify

Cyprus 0 (5 played) - Eliminated

Then in October, if we lose in Spain then we'd need Norway to drop points either in Cyprus or at home to Spain, the latter being far more likely you'd think.

5 minutes ago, Donathan said:

There's unfortunately a much higher chance of it going down to the final doubleheader than people realise.

Assuming Spain beat both Georgia and Cyprus this week, we win in Cyprus and Norway beat Georgia,

then the group will read:

Scotland 15 (5 played)

Spain 9 (4 played)

Norway 7 (5 played)

Georgia 4 (5 played) - Cannot catch Scotland but may still qualify

Cyprus 0 (5 played) - Eliminated

Then in October, if we lose in Spain then we'd need Norway to drop points either in Cyprus or at home to Spain, the latter being far more likely you'd think.

Best result for us would be a Norway v Georgia draw, but that said I think one more point from the remaining three matches after Cyprus is all we need.  Given recent form I’d hope that’s achievable.

21 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Best result for us would be a Norway v Georgia draw, but that said I think one more point from the remaining three matches after Cyprus is all we need.  Given recent form I’d hope that’s achievable.

If we beat Cyprus but lose the last three, and assuming everyone else beats Cyprus, we'd need two of the following three scenarios to qualify:

1) Spain get 2 points maximum from Georgia H+A and Norway A (No chance)

2) Norway get 4 points maximum from Georgia H and Spain H (Fairly likely)

3) Georgia get 4 points maximum from Norway A and Spain H+A (Fairly likely)

So I think there's a decent chance we make it with 15 points but not for sure. Norway beating Spain at home is a particularly risky result for us.

8 minutes ago, Donathan said:

If we beat Cyprus but lose the last three, and assuming everyone else beats Cyprus, we'd need two of the following three scenarios to qualify:

1) Spain get 2 points maximum from Georgia H+A and Norway A (No chance)

2) Norway get 4 points maximum from Georgia H and Spain H (Fairly likely)

3) Georgia get 4 points maximum from Norway A and Spain H+A (Fairly likely)

So I think there's a decent chance we make it with 15 points but not for sure. Norway beating Spain at home is a particularly risky result for us.

That would be very sore and something I would not have discounted from past Scotland teams.  I have a bit more confidence with the current set of players and the manager.

10 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

That would be very sore and something I would not have discounted from past Scotland teams.  I have a bit more confidence with the current set of players and the manager.

Oh I'm not predicting that to happen at all. Just wanted to think out the worst case scenario and see where that would leave us.