Sack Race 2023/24

Sack Race 2023/24  

311 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

20 hours ago, The Other Foot said:

I don’t know. The recent turn towards acceptance, tolerance and openness is just that…recent. It wasn’t even five years ago when a significant proportion of P&Bers were still doing the gay / racist / sexist jokes. The older members of my family certainly still do. It takes time for people to adjust and I think an important part of societal change needs to involve patience. But it has become clear that Craigiejambo is unrepentant. So on the cunty scale, it’s has definitely tilted to full-on c**t but in my opinion, it could have just been semi-c**t until the last couple days

Fully admit that circa 15 (?!) years ago I was a full-on singer of the Seven Nation Army "cover version" regarding the sexuality of Hibs fans. I recognise now that it is not acceptable

(And deep down at the time I probably knew it wasn't right) 

35 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Does the clock only start after the season has officially kicked off ?

Is McLean still in charge on the farm ?

By the sounds of it they basically threw the match the other day. Not sure if that is grounds for sacking. 

Feel sorry for him as he's about the 3rd successive St J manager who's been asked to do same with less cash.

1 hour ago, Stylish Kid said:

By the sounds of it they basically threw the match the other day. Not sure if that is grounds for sacking. 

Feel sorry for him as he's about the 3rd successive St J manager who's been asked to do same with less cash.

I mean you've clearly not got a clue about other teams in Scottish football if that's the extent of your knowledge. How far from the truth you've managed to get. 

14 minutes ago, Widge said:

I mean you've clearly not got a clue about other teams in Scottish football if that's the extent of your knowledge. How far from the truth you've managed to get. 

Ok I exaggerate and I didn't mean to take anything away from Albion and I recognize that the standard of some of the Prem isn't miles away from the league below 

That said, St J made loads of changes and had pretty much nothing to play for 🤷

4 minutes ago, Stylish Kid said:

Ok I exaggerate and I didn't mean to take anything away from Albion and I recognize that the standard of some of the Prem isn't miles away from the league below 

That said, St J made loads of changes and had pretty much nothing to play for 🤷

Ohh that’s not the part I was referring to as all. If anything that was the only thing you got correct. 

21 minutes ago, Widge said:

Ohh that’s not the part I was referring to as all. If anything that was the only thing you got correct. 

Oh the money element? That's what I was aware of based on what I've read over the last decade or so.

By all means please correct me, rather than just being a snidey pr!ck

On 27/07/2023 at 21:21, Stylish Kid said:

Also, I voted Robson before I'd seen today's insipid performance. I admit it's partially out of spite but equally I could see the incredible run as a flash in the pan.

I did regret not voting Johnson at the time. I fully accept that my vote for Robson was due to being a Jambo still bitter about last season, refusing to believe the team that lost a 11-0 in Edinburgh and lost to Darvel in like the space of a week could

a) go on a 9 match winning run

b) overhaul Hearts for 3rd. 

So yes, I'm bitter. His booking today definitely shows signs of losing the plot early on..... 😉

On 19/07/2023 at 18:56, Chefki Kuqi said:

Surprised Johnson's getting much of a mention in this. He plays decent football and last season was generally fairly enjoyable with a couple of shit blips. 

So far I'd say the signings seem sensible and we could possibly be seeing a couple of the good loan players from last season returning.

I think it's more perception than reality that Hibs sack managers frequently. We gave Jack Ross the bullet and Maloney soon after, and it appeared like the same fate might await Johnson but it didn't and he's still here and doing well. Prior to that you'd have to look at Heckingbottom for being another manager given relatively short shrift with those appointed either side of him given decent time.

I reckon it's more likely Johnson gets a job down south than gets sacked by us, that's my bold take. 

As for who goes first, Jim Goodwin's in the Championship and the Hearts situation is a fairly obvious ruse. Sneaking suspicion it might be Robinson. Not necessarily his fault as the squad are being sold off from under him but that creates tension in itself. I don't think it'd necessarily be a fair sacking, albeit I don't really know a huge amount about St Mirren's current situation, but it's my gut feeling. 

With regards to the perception of Hibs as being trigger happy when it comes to sacking managers

After Ron Gordon’s passing who’s ultimately calling the shots with regards to hiring and firing managers at Easter Road now?

3 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

With regards to the perception of Hibs as being trigger happy when it comes to sacking managers

After Ron Gordon’s passing who’s ultimately calling the shots with regards to hiring and firing managers at Easter Road now?

Reading manager Brian McDermott has the backing of owner Anton Zingarevich  | Football News | Sky Sports

4 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

0_FxNn5bPWYAEtw1n.jpg

No clue really, not sure if any of the Gordons are actively involved. I suspect the son Ian might still be somewhere but it's not really been discussed so in lieu of any information in that regard you'd have to imagine its the executives in the club, and most likely Kensell or McDermott. Hopefully it's McDermott, although we might end up with a Craig Levein scenario. 

On 31/07/2023 at 15:14, Raidernation said:

Can we please get this back on track to who's going to be fired first, please? Otherwise I will close the thread.

Beale for me , his team looks like a shambles, we could and probably should have scored a 2nd or a 3rd goal after our first went in, after that they were all at sea 

Edited by Godric1970

Johnson jas a knack of pulling a good win and run of results when his neck is on the line, so I can see him staying for a bit, however unlikely that may be.

I reckon that whoever goes it'll be for non-footballing reasons - e.g having it off with the physio, punching the chairperson, not giving someone complimentary tickets to a Rangers match, racist text messages ertc.