Pitch Invasion at Gateshead - in a hearse!

Molotov

I have to say when I read about this last night I was in stitches of laughter. The way the BBC wrote it up, they quoted some guy saying it was a terrifying experience for the children. I couldn't help but think of Helen Lovejoy from the Simpsons. 

Simply stunning piece of choreography tbh.

The synchronised doughnuts, the 4x4 managing to hit the ball whilst simultaneously flinging out the leaflets, the way they both bounce into the back seat, leaving the hearse in the centre circle is just... *chefs kiss*

8 hours ago, Molotov said:

So what’s the strangest pitch invasion you have witnessed?

Has anyone witnessed any pitch invasions as mental as this?

Have any PnBers invaded a pitch during a game to force an abandonment?

A guy handcuffed himself to the goals at a Bankies Vs Stenny match using handcuffs he got off a stripper. 

3 hours ago, RawB93 said:

Simply stunning piece of choreography tbh.

The synchronised doughnuts, the 4x4 managing to hit the ball whilst simultaneously flinging out the leaflets, the way they both bounce into the back seat, leaving the hearse in the centre circle is just... *chefs kiss*

Bad spelling on the leaflet though.

So the paedo hunters are going after friends and family of nonces now? What if they only had a pint with them? Have any P&Bers, etc.

50/50 shot that this Hutchison guy is a paediatrician in jail for tax avoidance.

7 minutes ago, BTFD said:

So the paedo hunters are going after friends and family of nonces now? What if they only had a pint with them? Have any P&Bers, etc.

50/50 shot that this Hutchison guy is a paediatrician in jail for tax avoidance.

The leaflet did seem a bit daft,  they maybe have more evidence but that seems unlikely given the behaviour I highly doubt they had a discussion and thought ‘best not put that in it maybe not pass legal tests.   

From what I can see he could of easily been interviewed by police, proved it was nothing to do with him and even given evidence against the other guy before visiting him in jail to call him out on his behaviour.   That’s makes you a peadophile or peadophile apologist, not a fucking chance.

Even at its softest there can be accusations thrown about ‘They must have known’ as of peodophiles regularly go down the pub to chat about the latest child they abused in the same way someone will talk of a (consensual, adults) one night stand.

FWIW I’ll take the ‘has any poster known a peadophile’ tag.  I did but obviously didn’t have a clue before they were charged,  I cut ties but didn’t burn their house down,  not sure where that puts me on the Facebook bams target list.

6 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

The leaflet did seem a bit daft,  they maybe have more evidence but that seems unlikely given the behaviour I highly doubt they had a discussion and thought ‘best not put that in it maybe not pass legal tests.   

From what I can see he could of easily been interviewed by police, proved it was nothing to do with him and even given evidence against the other guy before visiting him in jail to call him out on his behaviour.   That’s makes you a peadophile or peadophile apologist, not a fucking chance.

Even at its softest there can be accusations thrown about ‘They must have known’ as of peodophiles regularly go down the pub to chat about the latest child they abused in the same way someone will talk of a (consensual, adults) one night stand.

FWIW I’ll take the ‘has any poster known a peadophile’ tag.  I did but obviously didn’t have a clue before they were charged,  I cut ties but didn’t burn their house down,  not sure where that puts me on the Facebook bams target list.

I've seen it estimated as high as 4% of the population are paedophiles, whether they act on their urges or not. So, much like psychopaths, we've all known them.

I was once at a dinner party with a volunteer EMT who decided to regale the table with a story about his last trip out, where a teenage girl with "big boobs for her age" had been hit by a speedboat while swimming, and was unconscious when they picked her up. He heavily implied that he'd copped a feel, and had done so in similar situations before. He only stopped when his wife snapped at him, presumably because she had to listen to that shit all the time and was mortified. He stopped, but looked so very pleased with himself.

Few years later, he was convicted of sexually abusing his own daughter for as long as she could remember. She didn't tell the police until she was an adult, and the only evidence she had was a recorded confession of what he did to her. He got a cushy plea deal and served 90 days in one of Sheriff Joe Arpaio's jails and, yes, I'm told he had to wear the pink uniform. I'm also told he was very bitter and angry about having been "betrayed" until he died. His daughter thought he was allowed to plead out so easily because he'd also been a member of the Highway Patrol, and had a lot of friends in the "real" police department.

• 7 months later...
On 22/07/2023 at 05:36, Molotov said:

I’ve witnessed some pitch invasions down the years, but this is on a whole new level.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/dunston-gateshead-fc-game-abandoned-27373389

53FDD334-6D90-4776-A8CC-73E6EA911C5E.jpeg.a2f7bbf28c61bd305d5e7a78d84e323d.jpeg

The game was soon abandoned, with Dunston UTC stating on Twitter: "Tonight’s match has been abandoned due to an incident at half-time." 

Gateshead FC also released a similar statement on Twitter, saying: "Due to an incident on the pitch occurring shortly after half time, tonight's match has been abandoned by the referee."

It was half-time at the UTS Stadium with Gateshead and Dunston drawing 1-1.

A fan at the match told ChronicleLive: "It was half-time and the players were still on the pitch just doing some warm-ups when a silver car and a hearse came onto the pitch and started doing doughnuts.

"Two men jumped out of the hearse and people were saying they were armed. They then got into the silver car and they sped off.

"It was horrible to see. There were loads of kids in tears. It all happened so fast, in probably less than a minute. 

Case over hearse driven on Dunston UTS football pitch dropped - BBC News

A man charged with criminal damage after a hearse was driven on to a football pitch will face no further action because of a lack of evidence, a court heard.

The 29-year-old was charged after the disturbance at Dunston UTS football club, in Gateshead, on 21 July 2023. He had been due to appear at South Tyneside Magistrates' Court in South Shields on Friday for a plea hearing, but did not attend.

Four other men had also been subject to a police investigation in connection with the disturbance, but on Friday, Northumbria Police said the men faced no further action.