Glasgow United, you know who, and GCC

17 minutes ago, Plantar fasciitis said:

I wonder why no one else has taken the PF to task over this when clearly he is guilty! Very strange 

He is guilty.That is why anybody can call him a rapist without any fear of legal action

Edited by Wile E Coyote

40 minutes ago, Marooneye said:

Wow some horrible rape apologists in this thread. Disgusting.

I would never accuse anyone on here of that without having a proper face to face talk with them.

What I would say to everyone is sexual assault comes in many guises.

Rape is one form of sexual assault. That is why I refrain from just using that word.

1 hour ago, santheman said:

Not just footballers.

Go into any Glasgow night club on a Saturday night and there's a hundred Goodwillies waiting to happen, mainly because of alcohol. Not condoning it but its a fact of modern life.

Not just modern life. Growing up in Pollok, there were too many women terrified of a man in the household coming back from the pub.

1 hour ago, Kenny*******Powers said:

Exactly, so how can the league be blamed for Shettleston signing him

To me its not about trying to blame anyone. We as a society and as men have a responsibility to tell all women that we will do our utmost to try and safeguard them and allow them up play and work in a safe environment.

1 hour ago, Plantar fasciitis said:

Read the statements she at no time says she was forced, she says she doesn't remember, huge huge difference 

If the girl doesn't remember where is the consent. A girl does not need to forced into a sex act. There are others ways that the perpetrator can get what they desire.

6 minutes ago, HorseyGhirl said:

If the girl doesn't remember where is the consent. A girl does not need to forced into a sex act. There are others ways that the perpetrator can get what they desire.

Ye I totally agree and not disputing that, all I said was not all sexual crimes involve violence and in this case there was no evidence led by the defendant in her civil trial of violence after you quote he'd carried out a violent sexual crime 

I am in no way condoning or defending drug dealers, murderers or others who have committed crimes. 

A major difference with those who commit sexual offences is; they can be convicted, serve time et al. but in their mind what they have done is perfectly within their rights as a man. Sexual offenders in my experience do not think like the rest of us.

20 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Is that why you're on here going balls out to defend a rapist? Switch off for a wee while.

Honestly Jim I'm not, I'm just sticking to the facts of the matter, if he had been convicted in a criminal court of law or any person for that fact being found guilty of a crime of a sexual nature towards women then the very least they should be locked up for life and by life I mean never to see the cold light of day again, but honestly I think their bits should be cut off so they can never have the opportunity if they are released. 

9 minutes ago, HorseyGhirl said:

The 3 of them were drunk so why is goodwille the only 1 accused of rape? Did the lassie get the guys consent? Also the other guy admitted 2 sleeping with her aswell but he didn't get accused of rape. 

Mon the papers

3 minutes ago, Plantar fasciitis said:

Ye I totally agree and not disputing that, all I said was not all sexual crimes involve violence and in this case there was no evidence led by the defendant in her civil trial of violence after you quote he'd carried out a violent sexual crime 

Can I just pick you up on that not all sex crimes have physical violence involved. But a sex crime by it's very nature is a violent act.

Just now, HorseyGhirl said:

I am in no way condoning or defending drug dealers, murderers or others who have committed crimes. 

A major difference with those who commit sexual offences is; they can be convicted, serve time et al. but in their mind what they have done is perfectly within their rights as a man. Sexual offenders in my experience do not think like the rest of us.

Again totally agree with you! Most guys who commit sexual offences against women, in my experience, have underlying mental health issues which no form of rehabilitation through a custodial sentence will fix , hence why lots of sexual predators do reoffend when released. 

2 minutes ago, passbackdave said:

The 3 of them were drunk so why is goodwille the only 1 accused of rape? Did the lassie get the guys consent? Also the other guy admitted 2 sleeping with her aswell but he didn't get accused of rape. 

Mon the papers

Yes he did , both were brought to trial at the civil hearing 

3 minutes ago, Plantar fasciitis said:

Honestly Jim I'm not, I'm just sticking to the facts of the matter, if he had been convicted in a criminal court of law or any person for that fact being found guilty of a crime of a sexual nature towards women then the very least they should be locked up for life and by life I mean never to see the cold light of day again, but honestly I think their bits should be cut off so they can never have the opportunity if they are released. 

Unfortunately that does not happen. There are too many sex crimes that never see the inside of a court and the conviction rate is appalling.

1 minute ago, Plantar fasciitis said:

Again totally agree with you! Most guys who commit sexual offences against women, in my experience, have underlying mental health issues which no form of rehabilitation through a custodial sentence will fix , hence why lots of sexual predators do reoffend when released. 

Wow stop there right my friend. 

Do not put sexual offenders in the same boat as those with mental health issues. That is a dangerous assumption to make.

1 minute ago, HorseyGhirl said:

Can I just pick you up on that not all sex crimes have physical violence involved. But a sex crime by it's very nature is a violent act.

No I'm sorry but that is totally wrong! Voyeurs are committed of sexual crimes but don't even touch anyone, masterbating in public at innocents females is a sexual crime but no violent act, that is but two examples of many crimes under the sexual offence act which have no links to violence at all. And rape through the fact of levels of intoxication and the lack of giving consent , as in this case does not need to have violence or lead evidence of violence to prove the charge