Glasgow United, you know who, and GCC

Just now, oneteaminglasgow said:

I don’t think how much alcohol a rapist has had is particularly relevant

I'm not talking about the Goodwillie case in particular.

General terms. Man and women are both drinking heavily in a nightclub. They meet and end up going home together and having "consensual" sex, albeit neither can technically consent due to having a BAC of 275 like Goodwillie's victim has.

Has the man in this situation committed rape?

5 minutes ago, Donathan said:

So the implication of that is that any time a guy and girl go home together after a drunken night out, the guy is a rapist?

Surely a sober guy taking advantage of a drunk girl is much, much worse than a genuine mutual drunken mistake?

Aw he was drunk when he raped her, just a laugh really. 

Just now, Donathan said:

General terms. Man and women are both drinking heavily in a nightclub. They meet and end up going home together and having "consensual" sex, albeit neither can technically consent due to having a BAC of 275 like Goodwillie's victim has.

Yes.

Hope this helps. 

Just now, Donathan said:

Nah you don't get to change how things were.  

General terms:

Gayle McGregor said: "She wasn't in control of herself. Her eyes were rolling in her head. She couldn't stand up straight. She couldn't speak to me properly. She wasn't compos mentis."

In the action it was said the players offered her a lift home in a taxi, but the driver was requested to drop all three at the flat in Armadale.

1 minute ago, itzdrk said:

Nah you don't get to change how things were.  

General terms:

Gayle McGregor said: "She wasn't in control of herself. Her eyes were rolling in her head. She couldn't stand up straight. She couldn't speak to me properly. She wasn't compos mentis."

In the action it was said the players offered her a lift home in a taxi, but the driver was requested to drop all three at the flat in Armadale.

This is CLEARLY not the behaviour of a woman who was in any fit state to be having sex with anybody let alone two complete strangers.

The implication is that she was raped.

1 hour ago, passbackdave said:

Do u ever think dgc is a victim in this aswell? He slept way a burd then next day the burd got the fear of what people would think of her and she's cried rape?

You are an absolute piece of shit, 'Dave'.

1 hour ago, passbackdave said:

In a civil court. He was proven not guilty in a crown court. U like me don't know 100% what happened so freedom of speech my friend. Have a good day

Mon the papers

The case was thrown out due to lack of evidence - in other words, they couldn't get concrete proof that she said no (which in itself is partly BS- She was drunk beyond any form of self-awareness so couldn't have possibly consented), he was never proven not guilty.

He was proven guilty in the civil trial, however.

6 hours ago, Donathan said:

That is utterly wild to me.

I know I should leave this alone but I really want to ask - do you think being drunk makes someone less culpable for criminal offences? Should they not be found guilty of drink driving if they were drunk? How about assault?

7 hours ago, Donathan said:

They meet and end up going home together and having "consensual" sex, albeit neither can technically consent due to having a BAC of 275 like Goodwillie's victim has.

If your blood alcohol level is that high then you're so drunk you cant walk/speak/move, you absolute fucking clown.

This man and his pal took a lassie who was barely conscious due to the amount of alcohol she had consumed to a flat and had sex with her. It can quite legitimately be argued that even if consent had been given they shouldn't have done this. If the fella really wants to claim innocence in this and people want to defend his right to do what he did then, for me the game's a bogey.

I love this level of football and, even though it has it's many critics on here, I love this section of the board but this thread has knocked me bandy. The fact that people want to take the time to defend these actions on the forum is incomprehensible. 

If the WoSFL contains men who have any respect for the rights of women, they will at a minimum, condemn this signing by one of their clubs. They may be powerless to stop it but in this scenario which has had so much publicity, arguably on a world scale, they MUST issue a statement to signal their opposition to it. 

Edited by jimbaxters

8 hours ago, passbackdave said:

In a civil court. He was proven not guilty in a crown court. U like me don't know 100% what happened so freedom of speech my friend. Have a good day

Mon the papers

We dont have crown courts in Scotland. But the court of session where the civil trial was heard is the highest court in the land (with the exception of the supreme court (uk)) and presided over by the same judges who hear murder trials. These are some of the greatest minds in our justice system and the level of scrutiny and consideration given in this trial in particular is impressive. Please read the judgement in full, there are so many holes in DG’s side of this, the only clear coherent story and independent evidence supports the victims version. 

8 hours ago, Donathan said:

So the implication of that is that any time a guy and girl go home together after a drunken night out, the guy is a rapist?

Surely a sober guy taking advantage of a drunk girl is much, much worse than a genuine mutual drunken mistake?

This is why men need educating my friend.

It is irrelevant how drunk or sober anyone is; if there is not 100% agreement between all parties, it is assault. I dont know you and what life experience you have. 

Lost count of situations where a girl or girls safety becomes a concern. That's when it becomes the responsibility of all of us to step in and become a protector, a dad.

Sorry if this reads incoherent, struggled to word it without taking 2 pages.

8 hours ago, Donathan said:

What was Goodwillie's BAC out of interest? I've not read the full case

Both defendants have provided a detailed account of their version of what happened, the victim can't remember a thing. This would clearly indicate they knew what they were doing however the victim was clearly in no fit state to consent 

40 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

This man and his pal took home a lassie who was barely conscious due to the amount of alcohol she had consumed and had sex with her.

If I remember right they never took her to anyone's home. It was the flat of someone the two guys knew.