P&B Predictor Competition Week 1- 29th July

Darvel 3 v 1 Glenafton 

Pollok 2 v 1 Auchinleck 

Blantyre Vics 1 v 3 Thorniewood 

Kilsyth Rangers 3 v 1 Bonnyton 

Lesmahgow 2 - 0 Vale Of Leven 

Thorn Athletic 3 - 1 Rossvale

On 24/07/2023 at 08:29, jimbaxters said:

As promised here are the first round of fixtures with all matches being played on Saturday 29th July with 2 p.m. KO.

I will always include two Prem games, then one each from the other four divisions, wherever possible.

Darvel v Glenafton Athletic

Pollok v Auchinleck Talbot

Blantyre Victoria v Thorniewood United

Kilsyth Rangers v Bonnyton Thistle

Lesmahagow Juniors v Vale of Leven

Thorn Athletic v Rossvale

Post your predictions here before 1 p.m. on Saturday 29th July. Good luck!

Right, now we have something to think about, can I please ask those who have yet to pay their tenner to do so soon. It would be great to have the pot sorted before the first games. Again if you're having bother with PayPal send me a pm.

Also, there is still space for others to join. All the details are in the other thread. If you fancy it let me know in reply here.

Darvel 2 Glenafton 0

Pollok 1 Talbot 1

Blantyre 1 Thorniewood 1

Kilsyth Rangers 2 - Bonnyton 1

Lesmahagow 2 - Vale of Level 1

Thorn 2 Rossvale 2

2 hours ago, The nameless tim said:

Darvel 2 Glenafton 0

Pollok 1 Talbot 1

Blantyre 1 Thorniewood 1

Kilsyth Rangers 2 - Bonnyton 1

Lesmahagow 2 - Vale of Level 1

Thorn 2 Rossvale 2

You want in the competition pal? £10 entry fee just.

19 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Details here.

As mentioned before, in a bid to attract more interest in this section of the forum, I'd like to run a predictor competition over the course of this season, The format is fairly simple in that there will be six fixtures posted each week and all you need to do is predict the correct score of each. Having asked previously who would be interested in playing, we currently have 18 participants. They are...

jimbaxters

@coineanach

@Darvel legend

@Shanner

@dagane

@funky monkey

@Johnstonian

@Kenny*******Powers

@Shannon

@Caledonian1

@megaspinnernet2

@Cairn Cheerleader

@93glens17

@BC63

@Broomhill Ultra

@Robert K

@Spyro

@happy

There is still time to enter however so if anyone else fancies it, please let me know via this thread.

Start Date

The first matches will be on the opening day 29th July 2023. This also gives us a bit of time to get more participants and get entry fee in.

Finish Date

The last day of the league appears to be 16th March 2024. Last season, the final match date changed, so if it does again this year then we will change too. The final round of predictions will be on the last day of the season for the Premier league.

Entry Fee

We will stick with last season's entry fee of £10. As I don’t want the responsibility of holding this, I have contacted the site owner @Div. He has provided a means of sending the entry fee and the site will hold it for us during the competition then send the prize money to winner(s) at the end.

He has asked that we send the £10 via Paypal to webmaster@pieandbovril.com

If you indicate it is for “Friends or Family” there should be no admin fee. Please also remember to write in the description that it’s the entry fee for the above competition and also include your site username. I would appreciate it if you let me know when you have sent the money over, either on this thread or by PM before the start date. This will allow me to tally it up with Div and keep track of who is in.

Prizes

If all those who have indicated they want in send their money we will have a pot of £180 and Div has very kindly offered to add another £50 to the pot so many thanks for this. Therefore we should have a total of £230. I want to run a main competition throughout the season but Broomhill Ultra came up with a good idea for a cup competition which he ran for the last few matches. We will do this again and details of how this will work will be given nearer the time. So, for now lets go withy the following prize money,

Main Competition- 1st…£100

2nd...£65

3rd..£35

Cup Competition- I will allocate £30 to this for now.

Depending on how much the pot is when we begin on 29th July the above figures may change but I will make it clear what the prizes are from the start of the competition. If anyone pulls out midway through the season they cannot claim their entry fee back.

Scoring

Correct score = 10 points

Correct Result = 3 points

Correct Score for one team = 1 point

For example, I predict the score to be Clydebank 1 Pollok 2

If this is exactly right I get 10 points

If the actual final score is any other Pollok win, I get 3 points

If the actual final score is Clydebank 1 Pollok 3, I get 4 points for the Clydebank number of goals being correct

If the actual final score is Clydebank 1 Pollok 1, I get one point

If the final score is Clydebank 2 Pollok 1, I get zip!

At the end of the competition, in the event of a tie, the player with the most correct scores (10 pointers) over the season will win and if they are the same, the prize will be split.

Hopefully that’s clear but happy to explain more if you need me to.

Fixtures and updates

I will try to update as soon as I can but it will probably be every Monday where I post updated scores and the following six fixtures. To get us off to a good start, I will post the first six fixtures will be posted this Friday 21st July.

Deadline

Please submit all predictions on the correct thread, not by PM as it’s better that we all see each other’s prediction. They must be submitted before 1.00pm on the Saturday. The site will record the time and this must be strictly adhered to.

I think that’s everything we need to know but if there is anything else you guys think of let me know. 

https://forum.pieandbovril.com/topic/288345-predictor-competition/?do=findComment&comment=15964100

Money Sent.

2 hours ago, 99blue baloons said:

Seems to be two threads for this ?

This week's predictions started on the orginal post regarding the comp, that's where my prediction was sent. This thread was added a bit later for clarity but JBs will have it all under control.

I don't know if there are any emojis that can be added to the thread titles to differencate between general poet and completion posts, maybe a few 🏆 or ⁉️ to catch the eye better? I'm bad for just scanning the topics rather than reading them all! 

21 minutes ago, Spyro said:

This week's predictions started on the orginal post regarding the comp, that's where my prediction was sent. This thread was added a bit later for clarity but JBs will have it all under control.

I don't know if there are any emojis that can be added to the thread titles to differencate between general poet and completion posts, maybe a few 🏆 or ⁉️ to catch the eye better? I'm bad for just scanning the topics rather than reading them all! 

I know its a bit mixed up. I'll sort it soon pal. I'm in Prague at the moment so it might be Friday before I sort it but no-one will be missed as both threads will be checked 👍

Edited by jimbaxters