Scottish Championship 23/24 Sack Race

Sack Race 23/24  

171 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This one was a hard one to call but I put my vote for the Queens Park new boss ahead of Ian Murray and Jim Goodwin.

Imho both James McPake (Pars) and Rhys McCabe are safe as I think both of these clubs would be happy to end anywhere between 6th and 8th (I truly believe both will avoid the bottom 2 so thank me Airdrie/Pars fans and to anyone doubting that: stuff you lol).

Regarding Dundee Utd amd Jim Goodwin, you can probably put him under the same category as some on here are putting Billy Dodds, no way will their chairman sack a manager who only got a new deal before the season started and imho he seems to building a squad capable of winning promotion.

Oh and finally on ICT, we just aren't a sacking club, the last manager to get sacked was Craig Brewster years ago amd even that was only due to fans demanding it at a game in a very strange way!  I may not always back our manager and can become very vocal on it but I do commend the club for sticking with managers no matter how badly we're struggling.

A lot of clubs could take note!

26 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Inverness sacked Richie Foran surely?

And if they didn’t, I’d consider that a massive black mark against the board

Oh shit, yes they did I forgot that 😮 probably because it was after the season ended.

50 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Inverness sacked Richie Foran surely?

And if they didn’t, I’d consider that a massive black mark against the board

The massive black mark is for not sacking him sooner when it was obvious we were doomed. 

Fun fact: We were still paying his 4 year contract off in 2020 

7 hours ago, Caley Shaun said:

This one was a hard one to call but I put my vote for the Queens Park new boss ahead of Ian Murray and Jim Goodwin.

Imho both James McPake (Pars) and Rhys McCabe are safe as I think both of these clubs would be happy to end anywhere between 6th and 8th (I truly believe both will avoid the bottom 2 so thank me Airdrie/Pars fans and to anyone doubting that: stuff you lol).

Regarding Dundee Utd amd Jim Goodwin, you can probably put him under the same category as some on here are putting Billy Dodds, no way will their chairman sack a manager who only got a new deal before the season started and imho he seems to building a squad capable of winning promotion.

Oh and finally on ICT, we just aren't a sacking club, the last manager to get sacked was Craig Brewster years ago amd even that was only due to fans demanding it at a game in a very strange way!  I may not always back our manager and can become very vocal on it but I do commend the club for sticking with managers no matter how badly we're struggling.

A lot of clubs could take note!

A lot of clubs should take note and backing managers no matter how badly the team are struggling? Nah. 

The game that saved Dodds last year was the Cup defeat to Queen's Park. He looked an absolute goner at the 90 minutes mark but QP's admin error, as announced before our bus had even started for home, propelled a great Cup run. Contract or not, I see him as second behind Dick Campbell.

It'll be a tougher shift at the bottom without the Accies and Cove and, unless Dick can bed in decent younger players, I can see his auld lags struggling.

Veldman at QP has a longer term brief and won't get sacked unless he stabs someone and, even then, it would have to be someone that people like.

Goodwin completes my 1-2-3. Dundee won the Championship last year but were pretty crap. I think United will demand more.

Edited by Hampden Diehard

49 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

The game that saved Dodds last year was the Cup defeat to Queen's Park. He looked an absolute goner at the 90 minutes mark but QP's admin error, as announced before our bus had even started for home, propelled a great Cup run. Contract or not, I see him as second behind Dick Campbell.

Dodds wasn’t getting sacked at any point last season, the season before we didn’t win a game from the beginning of December until about March I think. He had the excuse of the injury situation last season when we weren’t winning and the board dug in and backed him. 

Only way he gets sacked this season is if something off the field happens or we’re bottom of the league by Christmas imo and even then that’s a stretch with the pish he’s served up so far and still here. 

A lot of fans of other teams think we’re all brainwashed thicko’s who worship at the altar of Dick Campbell and think he can do no wrong. Yes there are some happy clappers who believe this but it’s an ever diminishing number.

I agree that his track record with us probably (just) deservedly bought him a bit of extra time to fix things but he’s absolutely drinking in the last chance saloon. Ideally all of us would like to see him turn things round but it’s looking less and less likely as time goes on. The inability to sign a left back (any left back) in 5 months, and any kind of general defensive cover would be enough to get anyone else punted. The good will and patience is seriously running out.

If things don’t change for the better in the next 4 or 5 weeks then he’ll be gone imo. There has been far too much invested and achieved at the club to throw it all away.

I wish he’d retired after 21/22 and gone out on a relative high with his “reputation” intact.