Kevin Spacey cleared of all charges

Fair fucks to the chap. I really liked his work but that these multiple charges actually passed muster through the CPS and then made it to Court, I didn’t really see him escaping them. That he has I think means his Oscar cabinet is maybe under fulfilled. 

I expect he’ll now disappear into the shadows for a couple of years and soon re-emerge ‘refreshed and re-energised’. 

1 hour ago, supermik said:

Any charges pending in America?

I'm not sure, but I did read speculation that the reason he was in the UK for yonks doing theatre, is that he'd essentially been blackballed in Hollywood because of his long-standing behaviour.

He was entirely edited out of a movie IIRC after the stories broke but before he was formally charged. That appears to be jumping the gun a wee bit, unless the folk involved reckoned it was a slam dunk he'd be convicted.

3 hours ago, alta-pete said:

Fair fucks to the chap. I really liked his work but that these multiple charges actually passed muster through the CPS and then made it to Court, I didn’t really see him escaping them. That he has I think means his Oscar cabinet is maybe under fulfilled. 

I expect he’ll now disappear into the shadows for a couple of years and soon re-emerge ‘refreshed and re-energised’. 

CPS may well have gone with it due to the massive public interest as opposed to overwhelming evidence or realistic prospect of conviction. 

I would suggest he has "issues with boundaries" but that the evidence of any criminality just isn't there otherwise he'd be convicted in the currant climate. 

1 minute ago, pub car king said:

CPS may well have gone with it due to the massive public interest as opposed to overwhelming evidence or realistic prospect of conviction. 

I would suggest he has "issues with boundaries" but that the evidence of any criminality just isn't there otherwise he'd be convicted in the currant climate. 

I understand your raisins for that point of view. 

14 minutes ago, throbber said:

Is he not still disgraced with various behaviours which weren’t illegal offences?

Great actor btw. 

Card counting, for one. 

Liked him as an actor.  Seems most the allegations about him are over him being a bit handsy.  

Hollywood won’t come near him.  But I’d imagine he’ll pop up in European films.  Maybe even some theatre stuff.