Celtic v Ross County

It's probably a question of how many goals County will concede. Signs from the league cup really don't look good. The defence needs sorted super fast for this match.

However, it looks like not all Celtic fans accept Brendan Roger's return. It maybe is a good time to play Celtic. A bit of nerves and worried atmosphere in the home support if scores stays 0-0 for a while. 

While I would be happy just to keep the score down, would be pretty amazing if County got a result. A draw, maybe even a sneaky win. Simon Murray is on form. Never know. County will have to play out of their skins though. 

I’d set up with this team and hope for the best!

Laidlaw

Brown

Randall

Nightingale

Baldwin

Harmon

Loturi

Allardice 

Dhanda

White 

Murray

5-3-2, can’t say I’m confident but if we play well and Celtic have an off day you just never know, they also have a couple defenders injured I believe 

Looking forward to the new season so much, then the apathy for this fixture hits home. I've no intention of even listening to this match on the radio, so sure am I that the officials or VAR will stamp out any slim chance County may have of getting a result.

What odds are there that the home team either get awarded a penalty, or County have a player sent off? If I could find a booky offering odds, that's where my money would be going.

I wish good luck & a safe journey to anyone willing to hand over £33 to attend this but for me the season starts 12th August.

15 minutes ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

so sure am I that the officials or VAR will stamp out any slim chance County may have of getting a result.

What odds are there that the home team either get awarded a penalty, or County have a player sent off? If I could find a booky offering odds,

You are trying way too hard here pushing this narrative, think we broke about even for penalties won and conceded last year, which you wouldn't really expect for a team that romped the league.

ETA - for the avoidance of doubt I'm not suggesting a bias just pointing out how ridiculous the claim is.

Edited by gannonball

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

You are trying way too hard here pushing this narrative, think we broke about even for penalties won and conceded last year, which you wouldn't really expect for a team that romped the league.

ETA - for the avoidance of doubt I'm not suggesting a bias just pointing out how ridiculous the claim is.

County conceded four penalties in their last four league matches of last season, and got two men sent off in that last month, including the first leg of the playoff final.

Sometimes it's not all about you.

45 minutes ago, morrison said:

County conceded four penalties in their last four league matches of last season, and got two men sent off in that last month, including the first leg of the playoff final.

Sometimes it's not all about you.

Fair enough wasn't aware of that stat but let's not pretend this stuff isnt constant on our threads, even if the reality doesn't really reflect it.

Edited by gannonball

2 hours ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

Looking forward to the new season so much, then the apathy for this fixture hits home. I've no intention of even listening to this match on the radio, so sure am I that the officials or VAR will stamp out any slim chance County may have of getting a result.

What odds are there that the home team either get awarded a penalty, or County have a player sent off? If I could find a booky offering odds, that's where my money would be going.

I wish good luck & a safe journey to anyone willing to hand over £33 to attend this but for me the season starts 12th August.

7/4 for a penalty and  11/2 sending off in general with B365👍 

If we keep it to fewer than four, and manage to keep eleven men on the pitch, I’ll be happy.  

Who am I kidding?  I’ll be delighted with a couple of well worked throw ins and a corner that causes minor consternation.  

I quite enjoyed Sutton’s realism there. 

‘Maeda got a hat trick in a preseason game.’

‘Aye, they conceded 6 though, Ian.’

Crocker is quite bad for that. Spouting stats and providing zero context to them.