Airdrieonians vs Ross County

Sonam

May as well start a thread. This is a draw that I would have liked to avoid. Away as well! Not confident at all for this match. Airdrie look like they are going to have a very good season. Can see them finishing in the top four in the championship definately.

Airdrie have had great results in the group stage. Seem like they are full of confidence and they will be suprised at the poor quality in the Championship overall. 

This match will be a real test for County. Hope I'm proved wrong but won't be suprised at all if Airdrie get a win here. County will have to up their game to get a result, for sure! It won't be easy put it that way...

Basically it's time for County to start taking cup matches seriously. While I'd be happy just to see them avoid relegation, haven't had a cup run in a while. League cup or Scottish cup, it matters!

14 minutes ago, Sonam said:

May as well start a thread. This is a draw that I would have liked to avoid. Away as well! Not confident at all for this match. Airdrie look like they are going to have a very good season. Can see them finishing in the top four in the championship definately.

Airdrie have had great results in the group stage. Seem like they are full of confidence and they will be suprised at the poor quality in the Championship overall. 

This match will be a real test for County. Hope I'm proved wrong but won't be suprised at all if Airdrie get a win here. County will have to up their game to get a result, for sure! It won't be easy put it that way...

In terms of our chances of progressing, this is probably the best draw we could’ve got, having made an arse of being one of the seeded teams yesterday. Still a difficult game nonetheless.

At home maybe, away though is a tough fixture for sure. County certainly will have to be on top of their game to win this like!!

Would be great to have a cup run, hopefully in both cups this season. Even if knocked out in a semi final would do for me. Just a hampden day out and a good performance on the day being realistic. It's been a while and our rivals showed as that it can be done even with a shit squad & Billy Dodds, hehe :) It's possible if the players take it seriously!!!

Quite rightly both teams will be looking at this as  winnable tie and a chance to progress. Our results in the league cup this season, and premiership teams in the past couple are reasonable grounds for optimism, but we'll need to be firing on all cylinders. 

Simon Murray loves a goal against us though 🤮

1 hour ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

Quite rightly both teams will be looking at this as  winnable tie and a chance to progress. Our results in the league cup this season, and premiership teams in the past couple are reasonable grounds for optimism, but we'll need to be firing on all cylinders. 

Simon Murray loves a goal against us though 🤮

At least there’s no Max Currie this time.

This isn’t an exciting draw for either team but I think it could be an interesting game. County are probably one of the weaker top flight teams but have plenty of decent players and even just looking at their forwards, Brophy, White and Murray have more physicality than most of our team combined! As you say though, our home record in general, and particularly against top flight teams, is pretty good and if we’re at our best then we certainly have a chance. 

• 3 weeks later...

Shaping up to be an interesting tie here. County seem to have started positively in the league and will be looking to take that early form into Saturday.

What's the sketch with Dhanda? Will he be sidelined for Saturday following his injury on Saturday? He was a standout from what I seen of the playoffs. Turner is more than a decent replacement though!

For us, a similar performance from the one we put in against Thistle will do nicely and might see us take another Premier League scalp.

1 hour ago, FlyerTon said:

Per the link tickets are £15.  No cash gate but you can buy either online or on the day in the public bar.

https://www.airdriefc.com/2324-news/230814/ross-county-tickets-on-sale

Cheers, but just heard that there's no supporters bus & it'll £60 return on the train. Would have liked to have gone but it looks unlikely.

Anyone driving down from Inverness, or passing through, with space for 1, feel free to DM me👍

23 hours ago, Matty-RCFC said:

Be interesting to see how many goals we will put past these skud books. I’m expecting 6 - though I’d settle for 5. 

Ordinarily I’d say 11, but County will more than likely send out a few reserves and so I’ll accept 3.

Seriously though, County are massive favourites, but if the players don’t turn up, they could come a cropper.  Our record since winning the League Cup, in cup games has been abysmal.  

7 minutes ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

Just leave him 🤣 they don't really get a chance to wheel out patter like that very often. We'll take the scudding from the Dingwall Galacticos and be thankful for the visiting 200 fans. #knowourplace

++Ammo - Airdrie++, thanks for playing! 

1 hour ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

Just leave him 🤣 they don't really get a chance to wheel out patter like that very often. We'll take the scudding from the Dingwall Galacticos and be thankful for the visiting 200 fans. #knowourplace

Thought I had accidentally wandered back onto an old Falkirk match thread.

8 minutes ago, dazwesty89 said:

Any suggestions for where to park to avoid all the roadworks around the stadium?

If you coming off from the M80 put something like Petersburn Road into your satnav. Postcode can be ML68BH (primary school). There is a car park at that side and plenty streets to park in. Stadium is a few hundred yards further down. It should take you there avoiding Carlisle Road where all the roadworks are.