Airdrieonians vs Ross County

Sonam

1 minute ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

Good to see Brophy getting a goal after coming on. Dylan Smith with another assist too, great to see from the young lad 👏

You have to think Malky can spot a talent at centre back.  

Edited by Savage Henry

Very entertaining game with County's physicality winning the day. Airdrie by far the better footballing side but that doesn't necessarily translate to being a better side. Quite the stat that County committed 23 fouls to Airdrie's 7 but I've no problem with that as it's us that needs to add a bit of power and strength to the excellent other parts of our play.

Heartening signs nonetheless.

Pleased with the comeback and we ran out of steam in extra time. 

Ross County have the makings of a good side and I like a few of your players but Mackay’s tactics must absolutely scunner you guys. We shouldn’t have been allowed back into the tie but he insisted on slowing it down and offering nothing going forward. Was more interested in arguing with the 4th official all game. 

Good luck to you guys going forward but your manager is indeed a C**t

Another game that highlights how pish the standard of refereeing in Scotland is too it’s most weeks this is happening to teams. 

2 hours ago, Staggie_93 said:

Still worried about that defence of ours.

And rightly so. Calum Gallagher, a player who some in our support thought may struggle with the move to the championship, making whichever centre half was marking him look an absolute mug all game. Gal holding the ball up well, constantly turning him and there was no answer but to persistently foul him. 

2 hours ago, Kenny_m said:

Very entertaining game with County's physicality winning the day. Airdrie by far the better footballing side but that doesn't necessarily translate to being a better side. Quite the stat that County committed 23 fouls to Airdrie's 7 but I've no problem with that as it's us that needs to add a bit of power and strength to the excellent other parts of our play.

Heartening signs nonetheless.

Yup, 23-7, Scottish referees are amazingly pish, we all know that.

Tbh they're even worse in the top division with var, as they just get lazy and don't give anything, in the hope that var will wipe their arse for them. (Arsecheeks are a rule to themselves obviously)

It's all that matters, so I'm happy that County are in the hat for the draw for the next round.

Edited by Sensible Soccer🏴

4 minutes ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

Yup, 23-7, Scottish referees are amazingly pish, we all know that.

Tbh they're even worse in the top division with var, as they just get lazy and don't give anything, in the hope that var will wipe their arse for them. (Arsecheeks are a rule to themselves obviously)

It's all that matters, so I'm happy that County are in the hat for the draw for the next round.

I had naively thought the quality may have improved a level up. 

I was wrong. 

Good luck to you guys, I'm glad we gave you a good game. On recent showings I think we will be just fine this season. 

♦️♦️

Just now, Shooter McGavin said:

I had naively thought the quality may have improved a level up. 

I was wrong. 

Good luck to you guys, I'm glad we gave you a good game. On recent showings I think we will be just fine this season. 

♦️♦️

I'm pretty positive you guys will be fine this year, the Championship is a graveyard for teams, you guys are fresh blood with an upward trajectory imo both you and Dunfermline will be top end & relegate a fallen (not so much of a) giant this season.

Sweet movement and finish by Turner.

Cracking run by Frizzell.

Keystone Cops defending otherwise!

Jack Baldwin not covering himself in glory for the penalty, he didn't need to commit to a tackle there.

Wtf was going on for Airdrie's first goal though. Baldwin was even worse there. Considering that's probably County's best defensive unit, it's crazy how the players are scattered. I wasn't at the match - was this goal a phase or two after a set-piece and players hadn't had the opportunity to get into their positions again? I wouldn't be able to explain it otherwise.

• The left-back Harmon was at right-back.
  • The right-back Brown tucked in at right-centre-back.
  • The right-centre-back Baldwin gets sucked into midfield with Gallagher, then rather than disengaging and falling back into shape he gets the runaround  by Frizzell.
  • The defensive midfielder Randall was filling in at left-centre-back. With Randall coming out and missing Frizzell, leaving Gallagher free, that should have been Baldwin's cue to fall back into shape.
  • The left-centre-back Leak was at left-back and wondering where Baldwin went to.

Edited by bunglebonce

Fair play to Airdrieonians. They shift the ball between the lines quicker than most sides in Scotland. It must be very fun being an Airdrie fan, going to a game and not knowing whether you’re going to win 6-2 or lose 7-4. Enthralling. 

If you can keep pumping the tinks and push them further down the mire, we can all be friends here. 

5 hours ago, AndyX said:

How did Brophy end up with half the penalty box to himself for the winner?

To be fair to Airdrie, they went for it.  I’d assume the right back was just completely knackered by that point.   Also, it’s a bit lopsided if in that situation one team is scraping the bench, and the other team brings on Eamonn Brophy.