The Rangers vs Greenock Morton

ClydeTon

13 minutes ago, virginton said:

You clearly don't understand what 'backup' means, so I can leave you to fester in your hole of fail until you sober up in the morning.

If we had other 'backup', then the 'backup' who's played all the games wouldn't need to play, would he?

Do you understand now? Or are you just playing the twisted wee dick to cover the fact that you're wrong, again, as usual?

And if the guy plays, he gets a free pass for giving away a needless penalty... against Rangers at Ibrox... in front of VAR... minutes after we've got one against them? Because he's only 'backup'?

You really are a fucking freak... White-knighting for Kirk fuckin Broadfoot after watching that... you've made a complete arse of yourself on here on many occasions, but that's right up there.

I thought that we were going to go full banter mode a few times today, Morton created some good chances and McDonald was saving almost everything. 

Rotating players is always risky but we looked a lot better when we made the 3 subs, a banana skin avoided.

Edited by bennett

20 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

If we had other 'backup', then the 'backup' who's played all the games wouldn't need to play, would he?

Do you understand now? Or are you just playing the twisted wee dick to cover the fact that you're wrong, again, as usual?

And if the guy plays, he gets a free pass for giving away a needless penalty... against Rangers at Ibrox... in front of VAR... minutes after we've got one against them? Because he's only 'backup'?

You really are a fucking freak... White-knighting for Kirk fuckin Broadfoot after watching that... you've made a complete arse of yourself on here on many occasions, but that's right up there.

If the backup doesn't play when the first choice is injured, then they're not back up. They're dead wood.

The meltdown you're currently having about a filler player conceding a penalty within a yet to be completed squad - because it's the middle of August - is objectively ridiculous. 

Your failure to grasp the reality of the situation and performance today is entirely on you.

1 hour ago, RuMoore said:

I'm sorry to disappoint you but I don't have a phat backoff. 

You haven’t disappointed me at all.

I said that you are thick, and your posts on this thread have done nothing to change that opinion.

Thank you, and good evening to you.

37 minutes ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

You haven’t disappointed me at all.

I said that you are thick, and your posts on this thread have done nothing to change that opinion.

Thank you, and good evening to you.

That's really clever of you but my man doesn't know how to appreciate Dat Ass IMHO. 

50 minutes ago, AJF said:

Can someone tell me if Broadfoot is a back up or no?

He's supposed to be, but we don't have enough by way of numbers to not play him.

Even if Baird (CB) was fit, O'Connor (CB) as it stands would play at RB, so he's a very much 'in use' back-up.

Watching the highlights back now and the story of both penalties for me are summed up by the Rangers players involved in the incidents reactions. 

For our penalty Dessers has the cheek to feign injury because he knows he's made contact with the inside of  Broadfoots foot and fouls him. 

For the Rangers penalty Balogun gets right up from his missed chance and sprints back to his defensive position without so much as a complaint. 

It's silly of broadfoot to have a hold of him but for me he let's go of him before it becomes a foul worthy of a penalty, but I can't really complain that it was given as he shouldn't give the ref the decision to make. 

I think in real time the referee has seen him go down, in front of the attacker, and presumed contact (which there was) and gave the foul.

Had there not been contact O'Connor would have most likely remained on his feet and have a chance of winning the ball or blocking a shot, a very different scenario to what did happen, of course.

Is it soft? Yes.

Is it a foul? Maybe.

8 hours ago, The Golden God said:

Is Beale really moaning about not getting the fixtures postponed this/next week so they’ve got a better chance against PSV?

The interview I heard on radio Scotland he didn't really allude to that tbh. Was kind of making up an excuse ahead of the tie but admitted it wasn't really feasible to change it with the scheduling.

21 minutes ago, ClydeTon said:

I think in real time the referee has seen him go down, in front of the attacker, and presumed contact (which there was) and gave the foul.

Had there not been contact O'Connor would have most likely remained on his feet and have a chance of winning the ball or blocking a shot, a very different scenario to what did happen, of course.

Is it soft? Yes.

Is it a foul? Maybe.

I’m just not seeing the contact that makes him hit the deck? It looks like he has tried to lean into Dessers but Dessers sort of drops back and he goes across him completely then just collapses. I don’t really know what Dessers has done that could be construed as instigating him going down?

18 minutes ago, AJF said:

I’m just not seeing the contact that makes him hit the deck? It looks like he has tried to lean into Dessers but Dessers sort of drops back and he goes across him completely then just collapses. I don’t really know what Dessers has done that could be construed as instigating him going down?

From my angle in the ground it did seem like Dessers clipped him, and it seems hidden on the replay.

It's not like O'Connor to go down easily or just collapse.

Both penalties given were penalties in the modern game but soft as anything for me. 

Rangers were honking until Moreton scored then we woke up for a bit. 

Considering we hit the woodwork twice and missed a couple of easy chances whilst McDonald had a good game, we should ha e strolled it. 

Dessers is never a no 9 for me though. 

Yfeko was OK but Sterling at RB was mince. The difference between him and Tav should shut up some of the Tav haters. 

Moreton were well organised and defended well. Plenty of experience in their team helped. They just need a few more players. 

Our current crop of injuries (and the suspension of Boyd) cost us there.  Had Baird been fully fit, I think we'd have won that.  Also the absence of Quitongo meant we didn't have the option of bringing him on in the second half to use his pace and strength.  Once we get to the stage of being able to put out a full bench, we'll be in a far better position.  Looks like the goalie position is well sorted though.  Early days but no reason why we shouldn't be aiming to win our league.  Our team is very much more than the sum of its parts.  Aim high.

Rangers should probably manage to avoid relegation.