The Rangers vs Greenock Morton

ClydeTon

1 minute ago, Todd_is_God said:

Yes. To reach the ball.

I stand by my observation that Broadfoot has had no impact on his movement.

Only because of who got the penalty.

You’d be saying different if it happened at the other end.

As I said, it’s this type of thing that undermines the genuine complaints. 

6 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

Craigan does my fucking nut in. He convinced himself it wasn't a penalty to the Ton, all you had to look at was Dessers reaction after he booted Clubfoot. Was also a penalty to Seethco again just stupidity when VAR is in play. 

Totally correct - of course they were both pens. Broadfoot’s was utter utter madness. If I was a Morton fan I would be livid with him. He then holds his hands out in total disbelief as it he was the victim of some major mis-carriage of justice. 

Just now, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Incredibly frustrating.

There was definitely something there for us at 1-0.

Two weeks in a row Broadfoot’s sold the jerseys. If it was one of the younger players, Imrie would slaughter him. Let’s see.

Ach I think that’s harsh. Daft penalty to give away but I’ve got few complaints about his (or anyone else’s) performances today.

Just now, TheGoon said:

Ach I think that’s harsh. Daft penalty to give away but I’ve got few complaints about his (or anyone else’s) performances today.

Totally changed the game.

The rest of them were generally great, but that’s twice in eight days the decisive moment in the outcome is on Broadfoot.

On another note, a home tie against lower league opposition and the only 'colt' player deemed good enough to start was signed last year from Leicester. 

If you won't play any of these boys players in a game like this, then you never will. A lot of young players are being wasted in the B teams.

daL3Jr1XvDd3.gif.3a97ed55eb61c194608f97ffca1d0694.gif

If we'd been at full strength that could have been a very different result. Rangers were there for the taking but we were never likely to escape with Broadfoot instead of Baird and Blues up against it at right back (did very well on a booking for an hour). Not having Quitongo to bring on in the second half was crucial too - we just didn't have a way of keeping up the intensity off the bench. 

We were infuriating to play against, well organised, got absolutely everything out of the players and had our chances until the end. That's been the stamp of Imrie's management since day 1 and it's pleasing to see it shown at a higher level after a decent 25 minutes then a pumping at Celtic last season.

Having now seen theirs back, those are both clear penalties. Ours is stonewall and theirs is just brainless from Broadfoot, absolutely no need.

That was an excellent performance overall, for 70 minutes at least, and you couldn't reasonably expect better, but there's a way to lose a game to a much better team: throwing it away through the two goals we lost isn't it. A stupid penalty and a howler from Gillespie to lose the ball where he did for the second. If a better team pass through you and you can't cope that's one thing but in what was a really good overall performance for 70 minutes we've totally shot ourselves in the foot. Looked like we would capitulate after 2-1 but we should really have ended up taking that to extra time.

Harsh to blame MacDonald for the second, didn't it take a nick which quite significantly changed the direction?