If you could change ONE THING about Scottish football, what would it be?

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Change it to First, Second, Third and Fourth Divisions so you don't have to preface Championship say with Scottish or English. And make it 3 divisions while they're at it. Why on earth they thought it would be a good idea to copy England when the SPFL was formed is beyond me.

I think the thought process was that England gets lots of money, we want lots of money, so we should be like England.

Unfortunately we now look like an Aldi knock off version, which suggests we have no merit of our own. Genius. 

For nomenclature, i'd go:

Adequate 

Seaside

Diddy

2 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

Punt the arsecheeks into some other association's league structure. Don't care where, just somewhere where they have minimal impact on Scottish football. 

Why punt them anywhere? Just start a new league without them.

No-one else would have them, they’d be finished. Let them worry about that.

I'd let all the greedy b*****d clubs have their super league which includes Sellick and Sevco whilst all the sensible people can continue with real football not run with greed.

Then hopefully the super league goes pop along with every club in it.

Bring back wee guys in bunnets, carrying cardboard boxes, and have them walk up and down the stairwells yelling ‘err the macc-a-roon bars an’ ra’ speeeer-mint choooo-ing guuum.’

Edited by pozbaird

2 hours ago, bobbydazzler said:

price cap on food at games, no way should some places be charging in excess of £4 for a pie

I don't understand why people pay it tbh. You're in the stadium for two hours, most places have eateries of some kind close by - buy food elsewhere.

4 hours ago, Marten said:

Introduce a rule that every club in the pyramid can only have 1 team in the entire pyramid, including cup competitions organised by the SFA or leagues within the pyramid. So effectively a ban on any B-teams.

This, 

2 hours ago, Captain_Sensible said:

Start a new league set up without the Old Firm

Or this. Both would be even better. 

3 hours ago, Captain_Sensible said:

Start a new league set up without the Old Firm

Yes, it's this.

Scottish football is very nearly perfect.  It just requires the extraction of two clubs who ruin everything for those who genuinely care about it.  

I'd settle for having the income that comes their way ruthlessly divided between everyone, but that won't happen.  I'd also settle for having them piss off to be fodder in some bigger set-up.

My preference would definitely be for us to abandon them though.  It would cement the fact that they need all of us much more than we've ever relied on them.