If you could change ONE THING about Scottish football, what would it be?

5 hours ago, Jim Main said:

Oh God, please this...unfortunately, no TV Company would go near our League without Them playing each other 4 times a year guaranteed. 

Like the TV deal that was in place when Rangers died and Sevco weren't in the Premiership?

5 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Change it to First, Second, Third and Fourth Divisions so you don't have to preface Championship say with Scottish or English. And make it 3 divisions while they're at it. Why on earth they thought it would be a good idea to copy England when the SPFL was formed is beyond me.

It (mostly) makes sense in England since the EPL is a different league body, but in Scotland all four top leagues are the same league body. It was just lazy, copycat bollocks that has inexplicably been allowed to stand for over a decade now.

3 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

Away pricing.

£26 at Dundee on Saturday. I suspect that will be fairly cheap compared to the rest.

£27 for us in Dundee a week on Saturday (albeit across the road, and one division down). 

I won't be attending and know many Pars fans who would usually go won't be attending either.

5 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

Sack Doncaster. 

What would that change? They'd just get some other suit in to operate in the exact same way. 'They' being the clubs, who are the ones who run things.

1 minute ago, billyg said:

Clubs to split the gate money , the way it was when Scottish football was at it's strongest. 

I think that would bring more seethe than our pitch when opposition fans moan about how little they get from Livi games in comparison to us playing them at their ground. Yeah, i'm all for it, let the seethe commence.

11 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

I think that would bring more seethe than our pitch when opposition fans moan about how little they get from Livi games in comparison to us playing them at their ground. Yeah, i'm all for it, let the seethe commence.

Indeed, let them seethe.

If Livingston don't send a team to "their ground", then literally nobody turns up to watch, and no money is generated at all.

7 hours ago, Captain_Sensible said:

Start a new league set up without the Old Firm

^^^ This.

The other 40 clubs breakaway and form their own league. If no other nation wants the OF ... shame, never mind.

Less TV revenue, but a proper competitive league ... bring it on.

59 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Do you also get 20 bonus pts for a win against the cheeks?

You might be on to something here.

Teams have a rating depending on budget, players, previous matches and previous league positions.

Let's use say, Motherwell and Rangers as an example.

Motherwell start the season with a rating of 40 but Rangers have a rating of 80.

Motherwell beat Rangers, but Rangers have double the rating so Motherwell get double the standard points - 6.

Rangers beat Motherwell, Rangers get half the standard points, but to the nearest whole number (Rounded up), 2 points to Rangers.

A draw means that they both get at least 1 point but Motherwell drew with a team with double the rating, so Rangers get 1 point, Motherwell get 2.

Sounds fair imo.

Wouldn't be much between us diddys.

Edited by johnnydun