Mo v Kelty

Hope I don't sound too pessimistic but I am worried about this game. I'd imagine all Mo fans were happy when they saw Kelty at home for first game but Kelty have been scoring lots of goals and have had a couple of decent results during pre season and cup games. Mo on the other hand have only really played well in one game (St.Mirren). We haven't got a settled team, particularly midfield. Also what are the chances of CJ scoring against us....

6 minutes ago, GableEnder21 said:

Hope I don't sound too pessimistic but I am worried about this game. I'd imagine all Mo fans were happy when they saw Kelty at home for first game but Kelty have been scoring lots of goals and have had a couple of decent results during pre season and cup games. Mo on the other hand have only really played well in one game (St.Mirren). We haven't got a settled team, particularly midfield. Also what are the chances of CJ scoring against us....

Craig Johnston and Tiwi Daramola vs Aidan Quinn and Sean Dillon is giving me the fear. Hopefully our front 2 click and we can score a couple because I have absolutely no faith in us keeping a clean sheet. 

As much as I want to go to New Douglas Park this weekend I can't, however, I do have enough time to get to Links Park to take in this game.

Last time I was at LP, the Mighty Mo dispatched of the less than mighty St Mirren without too much hassle. Was impressed with the home side and expected that win to propel them to having a strong chance of getting to the last 16. Perhaps a blip since then but feel SP needs to get into the market and add a few more creative players to supply the deadly duo up top.

Mo still without Kerr Waddell who is undoubtedly a big miss and there's a strong reliance on the now 40 year Dillon to keep on producing as well as guiding fellow centre half Aidan Quinn through the game.

Has Towler featured so far?

Main highlight for me will be Hester and Rory vs the highly rated Daramola and the returning CJ; should equal a few goals. Will be my first time witnessing Tiwi in action.

Both sides have attacking threat so BTTS seems nailed on. Kelty have been bleeding goals in the group stage with 9 in 4 games, we better that with 10! 

16 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

As much as I want to go to New Douglas Park this weekend I can't, however, I do have enough time to get to Links Park to take in this game.

Last time I was at LP, the Mighty Mo dispatched of the less than mighty St Mirren without too much hassle. Was impressed with the home side and expected that win to propel them to having a strong chance of getting to the last 16. Perhaps a blip since then but feel SP needs to get into the market and add a few more creative players to supply the deadly duo up top.

Mo still without Kerr Waddell who is undoubtedly a big miss and there's a strong reliance on the now 40 year Dillon to keep on producing as well as guiding fellow centre half Aidan Quinn through the game.

Has Towler featured so far?

Main highlight for me will be Hester and Rory vs the highly rated Daramola and the returning CJ; should equal a few goals. Will be my first time witnessing Tiwi in action.

Both sides have attacking threat so BTTS seems nailed on. Kelty have been bleeding goals in the group stage with 9 in 4 games, we better that with 10! 

Tower has been shit he looks awfully raw, wasn’t expecting that with someone who has been on numerous SPFL loans and involved in the Aberdeen 1st team over the pre-season. But there’s a player in there and hopefully with some coaching he can aid the slowing Dillon in defence, I think it could be quite a good partnership them two.

Be good to get a win Saturday but if we play the way we have been(St Mirren not included)we are going to struggle.Kerr Waddell is a massive miss for us and he would be straight into the team of he was available,Aidan Quinn has been too up and down for me and looks like he came back unfit.Evan Towler I won't judge him just yet but must improve if he wants to be in the starting 11.

Midfield kinda gives me the fear at the minute,we don't have much options attacking wise and the ones we do have been underperforming for a good while.We really need balls outwide and into the box for Kane and Rory and not punted up top like we have been doing.

Looking forward to see how we shape up against you guys on Saturday, both teams with new faces so will be totally different from last season , we are actually playing football again which is nice to see , CJ to get a double, McKluskey gets the winner in a  3-2 Kelty win , we do concede quite a bit 😂 anyway all the best for the season ahead but off to a stinker on Saturday for you guys 

1 hour ago, Kelheart said:

Looking forward to see how we shape up against you guys on Saturday, both teams with new faces so will be totally different from last season , we are actually playing football again which is nice to see , CJ to get a double, McKluskey gets the winner in a  3-2 Kelty win , we do concede quite a bit 😂 anyway all the best for the season ahead but off to a stinker on Saturday for you guys 

How has CJ been for you lot so far?

17 minutes ago, mo83 said:

How has CJ been for you lot so far?

Excellent so far. Unbelievable work rate and has bagged a couple of goals. Tiwi has built a strong relationship with him already too.

We come up in confident mood & looking to win but the Mo are no mugs.

21 hours ago, The Gable Endie said:

Tower has been shit he looks awfully raw, wasn’t expecting that with someone who has been on numerous SPFL loans and involved in the Aberdeen 1st team over the pre-season. But there’s a player in there and hopefully with some coaching he can aid the slowing Dillon in defence, I think it could be quite a good partnership them two.

The games I have seen him in, v. Forfar and Cowdenbeath in the cup, I would certainly disagree with you. Against Forfar, none of the back line covered themselves in glory, but at least the young lad was able to get up and down the pitch and look relatively comfortable when playing in the back four, three or indeed two during the match.

He was probably the best player on the park for us at Cowdenbeath.

Be some laugh with all the forwards on show and our thus-far shonky backline if this somehow finished 0-0. Anticipate this game to be a decent gauge of where we are - I thought Kelty might be sliding towards the bubble this season, but they look to have acquired quite well (CJ will almost certainly score against us I fear). Just hope this isn't another season with a fallable midfield dictating how things go.

Well that was awful. Steeves should have just cleared his lines instead of trying to be clever in the box for the first and Gill should have been off his line to collect the ball for the second. 

Not sure what our goal was disallowed for but we got what we deserved. Too many players not at it at all. Not sure why watson was taken off as he was the only midfielder who got pass marks today. 

Hopefully loan players come in soon, or, on that showing, it’s going to be a long long season 

4 minutes ago, broomiesniper said:

Well that was awful. Steeves should have just cleared his lines instead of trying to be clever in the box for the first and Gill should have been off his line to collect the ball for the second. 

Not sure what our goal was disallowed for but we got what we deserved. Too many players not at it at all. Not sure why watson was taken off as he was the only midfielder who got pass marks today. 

Hopefully loan players come in soon, or, on that showing, it’s going to be a long long season 

Much politer than I was about to put it. To describe that performance today as pish would be generous. We need at least another 2 midfielders in at the very least.

I was also disappointed with the management team, they got Batchelor all stripped and ready to come on had him waiting for 10 minutes and then decided to send him back to the stand. Awful man management. Also thought the whole team’s attitude was honking no desire to put the work in, especially disappointed with Kane he couldn’t be arsed.

3 minutes ago, The Gable Endie said:

I was also disappointed with the management team, they got Batchelor all stripped and ready to come on had him waiting for 10 minutes and then decided to send him back to the stand. Awful man management. Also thought the whole team’s attitude was honking no desire to put the work in, especially disappointed with Kane he couldn’t be arsed.

Hester can come across like that quite ofter from what I've seen.

Thought we deserved it over the 90 & good to see us playing on the deck mostly still as we did in the cup.

If that performance was a film, it would have been straight-to-video.

Huffed & puffed in the first half and I thought Hester showed willing & there was some nice interplay with McAllister.

Kelty got very, very lucky with the disallowed goal- there looked to be nothing wrong with it. I’m afraid the two goals we conceded were criminal. Dillon at fault for me with the first and the second was the parting of the blue sea from a long pass.

I’m afraid the manager has missed several opportunities to freshen up the squad and we may pay a price for that failure this season. There’s been some strange departures over the summer and there’s few options from the bench.

Hopefully this sulphurous fart of an opening will be wafted away in the next few games. Important not to get carried away with one disappointment.

Kelty were well organised and worked very hard, and had a team spirit we lacked. However the squad as it stands currently will not be at all competitive this season & (many) new faces are required if we are to pass the bigger tests in this division in the season ahead.

The tempo of the game was really odd too- more like a scrappy end of season encounter.

Very disappointing start.

Edited by Ivo den Bieman