Scotland v England 150th year anniversary match

The team that Southgate put out was far stronger than ours. A big team that dominated the pitch. We could not match them, physically. They were good in possession of the ball as well.

If you can't out muscle the other team then you have to be quicker than them. We were slow and our passing was not good enough.

4 minutes ago, Highlandmagar said:

McCoist is a cock.

Absolutely, he's good when he's not playing up to the Rangers bigots. In a situation like last night he tries not to upset his standing with the poor delicate little flowers. Why should we respect a national anthem about glorifying someone, who, due to accident of birth, should somehow be seen as our superior? Nah, that kind of boot licking serf behaviour should be left in the past.

9 hours ago, DAFC. said:

I have worked with Rangers fans all my life and they all hate Scotland (sporting or otherwise) with a passion and back England any which way they can. I live in the West of Scotland, so I guess I am used to it. This isn’t much a surprise at all to me. Makes you embarrassed that these were the majority we lost the referendum to in 2014. An absolute minter. 

All sucking on the English teat.

15 minutes ago, East Calder Lion said:

Having watched the match last night I know I can safely go back to ignoring this Scotland team as long as Clarke is manager.  He has a personality that would turn milk sour and that is reflected in the passive performance of the players.

This is the best group of players we have had in a long time, however they are destined to be also rans due to Clarke's extreme negativity.

Last night with a full house of passionate supporters we should have been getting stuck in and making the most of the Hampden crowd, instead we just stood off and let England play.  It was an embarrassment start to finish.  

Aye, so negative that we've won 5 out of 5 in our qualification group. 

15 minutes ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

The team that Southgate put out was far stronger than ours. A big team that dominated the pitch. We could not match them, physically. They were good in possession of the ball as well.

If you can't out muscle the other team then you have to be quicker than them. We were slow and our passing was not good enough.

This bit goes unnoticed, I remembered it from the 2017 game at Hampden as well. Apart from Trippier and maybe Foden their starting 11 all massive, their centre halves are stupidly sized, Dykes looked wee compared to Dunk. So without sounding too much like Gordon Strachan we're on the back foot physically as well. 

We probably did quite well not to concede from a set piece. 

Whereas vs Spain we were able to ruffle them a bit with physicality, last night they were just bouncing off challenges, so many occasions where Rice or Bellingham got away or held off 2 or 3 players. 

Edited by Fuctifano

31 minutes ago, ford prefect said:

Absolutely, he's good when he's not playing up to the Rangers bigots. In a situation like last night he tries not to upset his standing with the poor delicate little flowers. Why should we respect a national anthem about glorifying someone, who, due to accident of birth, should somehow be seen as our superior? Nah, that kind of boot licking serf behaviour should be left in the past.

Very moderate opinion you have there

That's now twice in three days the Scottish media has raised the expectations of Scottish international supporters, only for harsh truths to intervene.  Or at least those impressionable enough to buy into the hype.

South Africa and England administered comprehensive beatings, but there is no need for bouts of national gloom and introspection as they are in the global elite.  We just try to do better and continue the gains of recent years, but nothing is served by juvenile sniping at McCoist, Bellingham, national anthems and all manner of irrelevant shite.  Public Enemy had it right.

All in all a night to forget.

Hate to sound like a wet wipe but the crowd were an absolute riot last night. had 2 hammered guys try and claim I was in their seat (after 60 and 70 mins respectively), some guy screaming at my section calling us all c***s because we weren't singing, and another hammered guy sat next to me talking utter shite in my ear for the entire first half.

Definitely the most pished crowd I've seen for a midweek game.

Thought the Scots did ok until the final 3rd, the movement started to take its toll - and the usual hard working & tackling was just off the mark. Scotland have done great in the group so far, qualification almost guaranteed. Dont mind the booing of the English anthem- id be upset if they didnt. 

Well that was a tough watch. But some of the comments post game are laughable. Did people think we had turned into a world class team over night? We are a decent team now with a good honest bunch of boys but England had players from Arsenal x2,man city x2,Real Madrid and we had guys from Norwich, Watford and Southampton. A wee reality check for sure but hopefully we learn from it and go again.  

Southgate got his tactics right and they seemed to bypass our midfield. Both line ups were similar to Wembley game apart from Bellingham who was awesome. We had a better spell after changes were made in Christie..  I think we need more options up front so we can stretch teams. I don't think we were as bad as some are making out, if mcginn scored it would have been 2-2. Good learning experience.

55 minutes ago, East Calder Lion said:

Having watched the match last night I know I can safely go back to ignoring this Scotland team as long as Clarke is manager.  He has a personality that would turn milk sour and that is reflected in the passive performance of the players.

This is the best group of players we have had in a long time, however they are destined to be also rans due to Clarke's extreme negativity.

Last night with a full house of passionate supporters we should have been getting stuck in and making the most of the Hampden crowd, instead we just stood off and let England play.  It was an embarrassment start to finish.  

Scotland 3-0 Cyprus

Scotland 2-0 Spain

Norway 1-2 Scotland

Scotland 2-0 Georgia

Cyprus 0-3 Scotland

All didn't happen?

8 minutes ago, kennie makevin said:

Did it make you feel like a really big boy. ???  Or a small minded little racist p***k who's so insecure in his own identity that he has to indulge in pound shop Green Brigade politically illiterate bullshit ???  

How did you manage to turn this into an dig at Celtic fans 😂 I’m impressed!