Scotland v England 150th year anniversary match

1 minute ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

I wish they would too. Might stop the pathetic individuals in our support focusing on another team/tune instead of growing up and focusing on Scotland and what we can achieve.

How many reds do I expect....

False dichotomy mon frère. People can and are happily doing both.

1 minute ago, velo army said:

False dichotomy mon frère. People can and are happily doing both.

I don't see it as a dichotomy. The arse cheeks are a good example of organisations (and members) too wrapped up in whataboutery/extreme dislike/disdain to focus on their own happy path. It rubs off into society & people's thinking & attitudes too easily here in the west as I am sure you appreciate.

22 minutes ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

I don't see it as a dichotomy. The arse cheeks are a good example of organisations (and members) too wrapped up in whataboutery/extreme dislike/disdain to focus on their own happy path. It rubs off into society & people's thinking & attitudes too easily here in the west as I am sure you appreciate.

This is a football rivalry, not the House of Commons. Take this pish to the politics forum and let two rivalling sets of football fans boo each other to f**k. 

4 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

This is a football rivalry, not the House of Commons. Take this pish to the politics forum and let two rivalling sets of football fans boo each other to f**k. 

If you are booing the fans and team then that's fine.

How about it being a barometer for the nation and society? Is that OK or does that need to go elsewhere too?

1 minute ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

If you are booing the fans and team then that's fine.

How about it being a barometer for the nation and society? Is that OK or does that need to go elsewhere too?

The royalty aren't popular in Scotland, of course God Save the King will get booed. It doesn't mean society is failing ffs. 

Aye, aside from the rivalry, we will be playing a team tonight that will likely be considered one of the favourites to win the competition next summer.

Without wanting to get too carried away, a positive result tonight coupled with the performance we put in against Spain will give us hope that we can make our mark in Germany. We should certainly be aiming to make it beyond the group stages for the first time in our history, particularly if we finish high enough to be a 1st or 2nd seeded side.

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

The royalty aren't popular in Scotland, of course God Save the King will get booed. It doesn't mean society is failing ffs. 

I just think booing other teams anthem, any other team, is small minded nonsense. It happens and it will keep happening, but I wish it would stop.

3 minutes ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

I just think booing other teams anthem, any other team, is small minded nonsense. It happens and it will keep happening, but I wish it would stop.

Personally - I wouldn't boo. Not because I'm against it, I just couldn't be arsed booing for the full anthem.

I also don't mind it at all. They done it down in Wembley, we will do it here. I don't think it's small minded - it's just born out of centuries of rivalry. This sort of friction and 'hatred' happens at club level and no one bats an eyelid. 

8 minutes ago, AJF said:

Aye, aside from the rivalry, we will be playing a team tonight that will likely be considered one of the favourites to win the competition next summer.

Without wanting to get too carried away, a positive result tonight coupled with the performance we put in against Spain will give us hope that we can make our mark in Germany. We should certainly be aiming to make it beyond the group stages for the first time in our history, particularly if we finish high enough to be a 1st or 2nd seeded side.

I agree with this. Results against strong international teams, friendly or not, are not to be sniffed at. Friendlies are different with internationals also as they are usually to continue good form/momentum. 

The quality in our team and potential to add to it with the Newcastle two we should definitely be aiming to get out of group stages at the next Euro's. Considering the likes of Wales managed to do it in recent times. 

Just now, Pens_Dark said:

I agree with this. Results against strong international teams, friendly or not, are not to be sniffed at. Friendlies are different with internationals also as they are usually to continue good form/momentum. 

The quality in our team and potential to add to it with the Newcastle two we should definitely be aiming to get out of group stages at the next Euro's. Considering the likes of Wales managed to do it in recent times. 

Does any yellow or red card in tonight's friendly count toward the Euro qualifiers?

6 minutes ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

Aye well a lot of folk wish they'd stop being ruled by a monarch but we can't all get what we want. 

4 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

Personally - I wouldn't boo. Not because I'm against it, I just couldn't be arsed booing for the full anthem.

Just boo along to the tune. Here's tthe words. Print them off. 

Boo Boo Boo Boooo Boo Boo

Boo Boo Boo Boooo Boo Boo

Boo Boo Boo Boo.