Killie v Rangers

10 minutes ago, AJF said:

I’m hopeful that it’s just a case of getting up to speed, but we really do seem to lack any style identity and look really rigid.

Yesterday we continually tried to play the ball through the middle of the park with very little width. With Kilmarnock using three CB’s and three midfielders you really need to stretch them and use width to create the gaps.

We need to use our fullbacks to create that width but there were countless times the pass to Barisic was on but we went infield instead and on the other side, Tavernier was a mile off it with poor delivery after poor delivery.

I was perplexed, but not complaining, about your complete lack of width yesterday. Delighted that it was not addressed at the time but surely to f**k it will be fixed from here on in.

1 minute ago, StringVesto Slipher said:

You and your sellic pals weren't whining about the pitch when you beat us on it last year.

Typical old firm fan: totally divorced from reality.

NB You're right @bennett, highlighting the pish in bold whilst keeping the full quote is the way to go.

The pitch is poor but it's hardly unknown to us, we should have been prepared for it. Playing 7 new players on it was always going to be problematic,  we'll have the same issue at the Tony.

You have to adjust your style of play, something that celtic finally managed at Livi under Ange.

1 hour ago, mathematics said:

The hand of benediction appears on the town crest and hence on the Killie crest.

No, Clown Job has confidently stated we are all **** who wont give him a job b'cos feenyun. Have been in a Chapel more times this year than he has in his life tho.

6 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

I was perplexed, but not complaining, about your complete lack of width yesterday. Delighted that it was not addressed at the time but surely to f**k it will be fixed from here on in.

I’d certainly hope so. My main worry is that age seems to have caught up with Tavernier and he seems to have lost that explosive pace and athleticism that allows him to get up and down the flank and get in behind a defence to make a cut back.

3 minutes ago, bennett said:

The pitch is poor but it's hardly unknown to us, we should have been prepared for it. Playing 7 new players on it was always going to be problematic,  we'll have the same issue at the Tony.

You have to adjust your style of play, something that celtic finally managed at Livi under Ange.

Reasonable comments again benny, it's almost like Kenny Miller does zero research before carrying out his very well paid job. Wonder who that sounds like?

17 minutes ago, StringVesto Slipher said:

You and your sellic pals weren't whining about the pitch when you beat us on it last year.

Typical old firm fan: totally divorced from reality.

NB You're right @bennett, highlighting the pish in bold whilst keeping the full quote is the way to go.

Excuse me, i think you will find Celtic fans aren’t whining about your pitch. We too are enjoying the Rangers fans meltdown today so if you direct your comments at those actually doing the complaining. Ta much

9 minutes ago, AJF said:

I’d certainly hope so. My main worry is that age seems to have caught up with Tavernier and he seems to have lost that explosive pace and athleticism that allows him to get up and down the flank and get in behind a defence to make a cut back.

Well, we had our fun so batter in from here on, right now I fukcing love that team Mon eh Sid.

3 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Excuse me, i think you will find Celtic fans aren’t whining about your pitch. We too are enjoying the Rangers fans meltdown today so if you direct your comments at those actually doing the complaining. Ta much

Kind of with you here Jinky lad, but at the same time can you bugger off & let us enjoy it. Feel free to come back if Del the tramp does ths same to your mhanky mob. YW by the way 

56 minutes ago, AJF said:

This might be a decent season for us if Magennis remembers to stay fit & Lyons remembers that playing football is his job. It might make it a bit more interesting if your mob beat ra sellick in a few weeks.

12 hours ago, AJF said:

This is modern football and I say get it to f**k. We were “warned” before the season started that they’d be stopping the clock or whatever it is and it’s pish.

Who really wants to be checking their watch every few seconds once 90 mins has been and gone. Another shitey development that doesn’t suit match going fans.

I don’t agree with this at all. We pay too much money for tickets to only get 2/3rds of what we actually pay for.

Injury time will no doubt cost us and others point all season and the 6 minutes dragged in yesterday but it also adds to the overall drama and the more minutes we spend actually watching football suits me fine.

Also while you are here @AJF I am surprised by how much shite I talk.

Edited by Sortmeout

12 hours ago, craigkillie said:

P10 W5 D2 L3 at Rugby Park in the league since they got promoted.

What win am I forgetting?

Yesterday

Jordan Jones pre-contract?

Brophys great finish after the long punt for 2-1

Last day of the season for 3rd place.

2 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Also while you are here @AJF I am surprised by how poor some of your new signings looked yesterday. I’m sure over the summer I’ve read you telling us how you’ve watched loads of all of these signings at different times. I always have wondered where you find the time to watch 153888572 games of football a season and after seeing some of your new players I’m going to guess you talk a fair amount of shite.

Slightly baffled by this as I only really recall saying I was most excited by the Danilo signing, and i think caveated that by saying the excitement  was based on what I’d seen and read about him. It’s fairly normal that these compilations crop up of the players and that’s what happened in Danilo’s case.

Sima I had seen before when he played against us in the Europa League and then again against Leicester.

I mentioned that Lammers has looked good in the pre-season games I’ve attended but as far as the others go I don’t recall saying that I’d seen any of them?

So, based on that, I can only really think that you’re exaggerating the truth in order to have what I feel is an unwarranted and unfair pop at me.

5 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

So they must have left even earlier than you did - only 1-0 down with at least 7 minutes to play. Why?

The bigoted songs had stopped by then so at least half of their fans had lost the only reason for being there anyway.

Knowing rangers fans the dad probably took the son along to give him an early lesson in singing about killing Catholics and once that stopped he probably thought “better get this wee guy home and ready for bed”.

The "shite pitch" excuses are so predictable and laughable. It's only an issue for teams if the game doesn't go their way. A professional footballer should be adaptable to any surface. And if they're an injury hazard why aren't our players constantly injured. It's all a lot of shite. 

24 minutes ago, AJF said:

Slightly baffled by this as I only really recall saying I was most excited by the Danilo signing, and i think caveated that by saying the excitement  was based on what I’d seen and read about him. It’s fairly normal that these compilations crop up of the players and that’s what happened in Danilo’s case.

Sima I had seen before when he played against us in the Europa League and then again against Leicester.

I mentioned that Lammers has looked good in the pre-season games I’ve attended but as far as the others go I don’t recall saying that I’d seen any of them?

So, based on that, I can only really think that you’re exaggerating the truth in order to have what I feel is an unwarranted and unfair pop at me.

I’m only needling you a bit but I am pretty sure every time Rangers sign someone you are like “I watched loads of the Swedish third division last year, this guy is class”.

Maybe I’m confusing you with the old G51 I could be wrong. 

Edited by Sortmeout