Injuries

3 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

If he's properly fit he 's very comfortably the quickest of our centre backs and he's definitely the most aggressive. I've no doubt he's a starter if fully fit.

However, he's clearly not fully fit so the question arises is he fit enough to go and is he currently better than the others. In a 23 man squad you might have a point. In a 26 man one where we're almost struggling to find players to fill it (to the extent the press are now touting Chris Cadden!) then he goes.

I think Hanley's pace is underestimated, not saying he's rapido but he's faster than what people make out for a big unit. However, your statement just isn't correct. He's no as quick as Tierney and potentially Porteus/Hendry are as 'quick' as him or at most there isn't much in it. Porteus is just as agressive but may not as tactile as Hanley IMO. There are question marks over Hanley whether he's now on the decline too, need to wait and see how he performs over the coming games if he gets played.

1 hour ago, Butters Scotch said:

I think Hanley's pace is underestimated, not saying he's rapido but he's faster than what people make out for a big unit. However, your statement just isn't correct. He's no as quick as Tierney and potentially Porteus/Hendry are as 'quick' as him or at most there isn't much in it. Porteus is just as agressive but may not as tactile as Hanley IMO. There are question marks over Hanley whether he's now on the decline too, need to wait and see how he performs over the coming games if he gets played.

Pre injury Hanley is possibly not as quick as Tierney. I wasnt really counting Tierney as an out and out centre back but fair enough. 

I disagree about the rest. He was certainly quicker than Porteous and Hendry. I'd say he's more no nonsense aggressive than Porteous too.

Completely accept though that post injury Hanley has yet to prove all these things. 

24 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Robertson doesn't feature for Liverpool tonight.

Apparently nothing to worry about

Ross Stewart and Che Adams update from before the weekend. Obviously Adams didn't make it for the game while Ross Stewart did.

Che Adams

It was more precaution than anything, so we have to manage him (Adams) through this week a little bit. We'll still manage him through the next couple of days, and then hopefully he'll be ready to impact us on the pitch on Sunday. 

Ross Stewart

It's been great (to have Stewart in training) He looks really good, he's ready to play, make an impact and have more minutes for sure over the next couple of games. It's been a really important week for Ross to get on the pitch. He played really well when he came on. He looks in great shape. It's just match minutes that he lacks, he's not missing training time because he's been training with us for a while. He's constantly prodding, he wants to play, he constantly reminds us of that, he wants to play, and he wants to impact us. I'm pretty sure over the next couple of games he'll have a big impact.

Russell Martin

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/southampton-ross-stewart-che-adams-injury-updates-pre-west-brom/

Kieran Tierney is on the bench for Real Sociedad tonight so that's positive in so far as he is not ruled out even if he isn't capable of starting or isn't first choice - however you want to interpret that. If he gets any time on the pitch it will be a good thing, but even if he doesn't it's a step in the right direction.

Watching these final games is a nightmare. Everytime someone looks like they have so much as hurt a toenail  I am freaking out about them being seriously fucked and out the next World Cup, never mind the Euro’s.

24 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

Watching these final games is a nightmare. Everytime someone looks like they have so much as hurt a toenail  I am freaking out about them being seriously fucked and out the next World Cup, never mind the Euro’s.

Aye this at least to an extent.

Are Porteous and Dykes the only likely squad members actually finished competitive games? I'm not sure status of Danish (McKenna) and Saudi (Hendry) leagues?

This weekend will see vast majority of the rest finished at least. After that it'll be those involved in Cup Finals (McGregor, Ralston, perhaps Forrest, Souttar, Jack?, McTominay). And playoff final (possibly Adams, Fraser, perhaps even Stewart and Armstrong, Gunn, McLean and Hanley or Cooper).

35 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Aye this at least to an extent.

Are Porteous and Dykes the only likely squad members actually finished competitive games? I'm not sure status of Danish (McKenna) and Saudi (Hendry) leagues?

This weekend will see vast majority of the rest finished at least. After that it'll be those involved in Cup Finals (McGregor, Ralston, perhaps Forrest, Souttar, Jack?, McTominay). And playoff final (possibly Adams, Fraser, perhaps even Stewart and Armstrong, Gunn, McLean and Hanley or Cooper).

I think they are, yeah. Everyone else still has a game or two I think. The Danish league and the Saudi league both seem to go till the end of May, with games on the 26th, 27th.

1 hour ago, Jambomo said:

I think they are, yeah. Everyone else still has a game or two I think. The Danish league and the Saudi league both seem to go till the end of May, with games on the 26th, 27th.

I put the list below for all the players called up in the last 12 months to now. The guys who are finished, those who finish next week and the ones that finish the week after that. 

Spoiler

image.png.9d2f2493955dda01741200d50f251804.png

Obviously not all the Championship players will reach the play-off final.

6 hours ago, 2426255 said:

I put the list below for all the players called up in the last 12 months to now. The guys who are finished, those who finish next week and the ones that finish the week after that. 

Hide contents

image.png.9d2f2493955dda01741200d50f251804.png

Obviously not all the Championship players will reach the play-off final.

Thanks, that’s really useful. Hopefully they  are all on the beach now and nobody hurts anything!

On 12/05/2024 at 18:09, Skyline Drifter said:

I wasnt really counting Tierney as an out and out centre back but fair enough. 

Interesting, couple of days ago you had it as the only position he could play for Scotland 🤣

1 hour ago, Bing.McCrosby said:

Interesting, couple of days ago you had it as the only position he could play for Scotland 🤣

You made that up. But its what you do, carry on.

I said him playing left of a back three for Scotland isnt remotely 'playing out of position'. Which it isnt.

And I said here, he's not an out and out centre back. Which he isnt.

These two statements are not incompatible with one another. 

24 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

You made that up. But its what you do, carry on.

I said him playing left of a back three for Scotland isnt remotely 'playing out of position'. Which it isnt.

And I said here, he's not an out and out centre back. Which he isnt.

These two statements are not incompatible with one another. 

Eh no you said

At least in Scotland terms he'd be more 'out of position' playing left back

Yet today

I wasnt really counting Tierney as an out and out centre back

48 minutes ago, Bing.McCrosby said:

Eh no you said

At least in Scotland terms he'd be more 'out of position' playing left back

Yet today

I wasnt really counting Tierney as an out and out centre back

Whatever. Those statements arent incompatible. Only a troll or someone mind-bogglingly stupid would think so. I imagine you're the former but it matters not. Dialogue with you is futile.