Injuries

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Doak will have been viewed as a striking option. Where else did you think Clarke viewed him as playing when he called him up?

Almost all his u21 games have been there too.

IMO we'll be starting with one up front in every game, so two senior strikers and a wildcard feels right when you've suffered a major injury. Conway or Doak is the decision IMO, and for me Doak would be better suited to trying to change a game late on.

He's a winger,  as is forrest

We need another striker 

1 hour ago, King Kebab said:

Anybody else see this light over Hampden last night???

EB56EF46-967C-4644-BBD8-1B11CFCE9D36.jpeg

Tam Cowan's just recommended him. Death knell for his chances.

I think given his record this season, the level he's playing at, and the fact that Clarke has already said he'd turn to the 21's, Conway seems by far the most likely choice.

15 hours ago, Gordopolis said:

I can't speak for the poster, but I inferred it as a bit of balance that McBurnie isn't the 100% disinterested useless player that he is often caricatured as, as opposed to saying he should definitely be called up.

Thanks, pretty much what I was meaning, we tend to go all in or all out on players based on one or two comments, games ect. Mcburnie is not a goalscorer at international level, but how many of our strikers or striking options are?

2 hours ago, Moomintroll said:

In his tiny little mind, Huddle= Celtic=Feenyun=Catholicism. I am veering close to Clown Job territory I know but SSC will not be kindly disposed to him given McBurnies clear bigoted prejudice

That sounds more like in your mind. He is a Rangers fan and if he didn't get involved in a huddle at some point that'll be because Celtic do it. Petty and a wee bit pathetic, but there is no clear or obvious link to bigotry there.

9 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

That sounds more like in your mind. He is a Rangers fan and if he didn't get involved in a huddle at some point that'll be because Celtic do it. Petty and a wee bit pathetic, but there is no clear or obvious link to bigotry there.

Aye, fair enough. As I said, veering close to Clown Job paranoia. I don't want anyone that petty minded close to our National Team & hopefully SSC will feel the same way.

Just now, Moomintroll said:

Aye, fair enough. As I said, veering close to Clown Job paranoia. I don't want anyone that petty minded close to our National Team & hopefully SSC will feel the same way.

I want anyone who can help the team out of this group

Despite his zero game time I’d be at least looking at Ross Stewart (and maybe Simon Murray) with the group these next few days, alongside Tommy Conway 

How else are we (SSC actually) to assess their readiness 🤷‍♂️

Ross Stewart isn't a bad shout, undercooked but fresh & no analyst anywhere will have a clue how to prepare a report on him given his inactivity. Chaos theory for a 10 minute cameo if we are chasing a result.

13 minutes ago, BirdieMinusOne said:

Tbh if he doesn't call anyone up by tomorrow I don't think anyone is going to be called up for Dykes and he will just drop a keeper 

Madness 

1 hour ago, Moomintroll said:

Beyond clown job. That's an unhinged few posts from you. It's almost refreshing to be reminded that it's not just Celtic fans, but catholic fans of other clubs who find the heroin of victimhood and persecution to be so utterly moreish. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, BirdieMinusOne said:

Tbh if he doesn't call anyone up by tomorrow I don't think anyone is going to be called up for Dykes and he will just drop a keeper 

Isn’t there a press conference pre Gibraltar If so we’ll find out then…

Edited by Depechekillie