Kelty VS Accies

Both teams off to winning starts, and I'm sure each set of fans will be optimistic that they can add more points to the board this weekend.

Kelty are a bit of a mystery for me, I predicted them to be at the lower end of the table purely on what I read on here about their financial backing, and them being in a bit of a limbo. However their results in the cup were good and they got a great win away at Montrose.

Looking forward too it as its a new ground, and hoping we can build on our win against Cove. I think its going to be very difficult, and we're going to need to have a cutting edge that was a bit lacking on Saturday to get anything.

I like to be optimistic especially after a win but still not convinced by Rankin, so I think it will be spoils shared, 2-2.

Edited by Laid-back Accie

I think this will be a really tough game which can go either way however if we are wanting to win the league no disrespect to Kelty this is a game we need to win. Kelty have a couple ex Accies players in Ross Cunningham, Kyle Gourlay and even Botti Biabi. I think overall we will just about have enough here to get the 3 points but again it will be tough Kelty 1-2 Accies.

Type of game Accies tend to struggle with. (With us gaining some early momentum and playing a team that have traditionally played in lower leagues but are upwardly mobile)

Looking forward to it but feel we will need to make the most of any chances we create. As others have highlighted, we have developed a habit of creating loads of chances but not taking advantage of them. Hopefully a high tempo game that we play on the front foot.

As this is a ground i have not visited before, can anyone recomend a decent option for a pre match pint?

Edited by Beckford

18 minutes ago, Beckford said:

Type of game Accies tend to struggle with. (With us gaining some early momentum and playing a team that have traditionally played in lower leagues but are upwardly mobile)

Looking forward to it but feel we will need to make the most of any chances we create. As others have highlighted, we have developed a habit of creating loads of chances but not taking advantage of them. Hopefully a high tempo game that we play on the front foot.

As this is a ground i have not visited before, can anyone recomend a decent option for a pre match pint?

Got the sports club at the ground neeb for a beverage before the game , decent pint and decent prices 

Routine win in the end despite a below par first half.

Not surprised in the slightest that when we took O’Hara off we instantly looked more threatening. He does a lot of running but isn’t clinical enough at all.

One looked a class act today he should be starting for Winter or O’Hara next week.

2 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Routine win in the end despite a below par first half.

Not surprised in the slightest that when we took O’Hara off we instantly looked more threatening. He does a lot of running but isn’t clinical enough at all.

One looked a class act today he should be starting for Winter or O’Hara next week.

Ryan One looks like he'll do well. Deserved win for Accies. Thought we were a bit flat today.

First half was a bit of a damp squib, although we should've been ahead, not really sure how O'Hara missed from 2 yards. 

Start of the second half I thought Kelty were actually starting to get on top of us a bit. Credit where credit is due, Rankin then made the subs and they made an instant impact with One beating about 4 men and free up room on the right as everyone was drawn to him. 

One should be starting and hopefully Smith contributing to us performing better when he came on also helps his confidence. 

Deserved win despite not really getting out of 2nd gear.

First time at Kelty, really enjoyed the ground, would come back.

2 hours ago, Accies1 said:

First half was a bit of a damp squib, although we should've been ahead, not really sure how O'Hara missed from 2 yards. 

Start of the second half I thought Kelty were actually starting to get on top of us a bit. Credit where credit is due, Rankin then made the subs and they made an instant impact with One beating about 4 men and free up room on the right as everyone was drawn to him. 

One should be starting and hopefully Smith contributing to us performing better when he came on also helps his confidence. 

Deserved win despite not really getting out of 2nd gear.

First time at Kelty, really enjoyed the ground, would come back.

Accies fans were great craic today! 

Agree we took a while to get going but some real positives today 

Thought we were struggling to break down the kelty defence and spent too long trying to go long. Subs were exactly what was needed and made an instant difference resulting in two cracking goals 

Hope lewis smith grows in confidence after today and one was a joy to watch. To a man everyone gave 100% and itd great to look forward to games again!

Shout out to the kelty ground staff today also. Layout of ground was a little confusing as a first time visitor, but staff were helpful and friendly. Segregation of the ground / bar seemed a little strange tbh though. Gid pies👍

I thought we were OK in the first half - some nice passages of play down the flanks, especially the left, and had three or four clear cut chances. There was a dip in the second just before the subs, but both goals were really good on the eye. That's Smith got three assists in his last two games...

Great result at a tough venue. Was surprised that Kelty didn't give us more bother, as aside from some sloppy passing and play from us that allowed them some half chances, I didnt feel they troubled us.

A bit of a laborious first half, but O'Hara really should have had us 1 up. Him and Winter put in the effort, but they need a few creative players around them to get the best from them i think, so I would avoid playing them together in the future, and partner them with the likes of One or Henderson instead.

2nd half we started slow, but once the subs came on it changed the game, and it was only going one way from there. One is going to be some player, we will do well to hold onto him before the window shuts and anything beyond that.

The recurring critique today was that when we're defending, there seems to be a disorganisation with the midfield players, which allows the opposition to have a lot of space and time just outside the box. Kelty didn't take advantage, but feel this could be exploited if it continues in the games ahead.

Overall it was a great day out, New Central Park is a tidy wee ground and would have no qualms about going back.

Comfortable win in the end for you guys could've and probably should've had a couple more but brilliant saves from Kyle prevented that , we just didn't seem to get any sort of rhythm going but that's down to a well organised Accies team,  we  played ok in wee spells but that was about it, Moore is going to be a great wee player for us when fully fit , Tiwi never got a sniff at anything and CJ was kinda isolated up top , you exploited us down our left for both goals , we really need a natural left back in there so hope Walkers not too far away from a return 

Have to agree with the above sentiments, frustrating first half but we looked comfortable in the second. Still not hugely confident on Rankins game management and not sure how  we'll cope when we come up against a team that will punish our mistakes but it's good to have a positive feeling around the club again, the bubble is bound to burst soon but we'll enjoy it while it lasts 

42 minutes ago, leomessi1984 said:

Just saw this from the tackle on Tids. Boy near me shouted for a red....he may have been correct 😆

Screenshot_20230813_195618_Facebook.jpgLino on our side didn't appear to have any eyes anyway CJ constantly getting shirt pulled which is fair enough but got fouls against for backing into defender , linos ears must've been red raw 😂