Todays scores 12/8

1 hour ago, mike strutter said:

They played this way against us 1st game of the season and deserved the 3pts then aswell... their workmate was impressive.

They are a fast hardworking team with good fitness and dangerous going forward and we never looked at the races 2nd half.If the same happens in a few weeks time we are out the big Scottish 

Carnoustie 1 Beith 2 Ciarian diver with both Beith goals.   Danny O’Neil sent off on 31 mins For Beith, who went straight up the park and took the lead just after.  Even with 10 men Beith were the better team.  Pics from the game. 

https://www.flickr.com/gp/swkphoto/395f2963Pn

Edited by beithboy

Brilliant photies Stephen...

I saw Carnoustie Panmure getting beat by the worst (absolutely worst in the last fifteen years) Ladeside team in pre-season.

I really thought the current Beith team, even without the Dubai guy, would take five off them.

Hope yez get fecked in the next round. 😉

18 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Watched Shotts twice last year and was surprised they were in a relegation battle for  while.  Their midfield was very robust, strong but could play and their forwards were decent.  Are they stronger than last year ?

They look better so far. It was backs to the wall a lot of the second half and they held out well. As others have said, when we did get up the park Johnstone always tried to play out from the back inviting pressure. Keeper and no.4, we're only just getting away with it most of the time. All 3 goals were from mistakes.

8 hours ago, Black Pennel said:

Brilliant photies Stephen...

I saw Carnoustie Panmure getting beat by the worst (absolutely worst in the last fifteen years) Ladeside team in pre-season.

I really thought the current Beith team, even without the Dubai guy, would take five off them.

Hope yez get fecked in the next round. 😉

"Hope yez get fecked in the next round. 😉  That is not very nice! Hope yous manage to win a league game before Christmas even if it spoils my Saturday night a little bit 😊 Joking aside do miss the derby matches with Ladeside -Well the home one anyway

1 hour ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

They look better so far. It was backs to the wall a lot of the second half and they held out well. As others have said, when we did get up the park Johnstone always tried to play out from the back inviting pressure. Keeper and no.4, we're only just getting away with it most of the time. All 3 goals were from mistakes.

This is the problem with these teams who spend crazy money on ex seniors and then try and implement the crazy suicide style of risky passes from the back really just for the sake of it,  there were signs of darvel trying it in the last few seasons and now Johnstone burgh are doing it,  there would be more success if they played a style that suits our level as opposed to trying to bring in this so called super dooper senior pass it for the sake of it stuff .

Our level can welcome a good passing game however due the intensity of it and percentage balls being played by opponents I just don't see why teams put themselves in needless danger. 

2 minutes ago, Thejackdaw said:

This is the problem with these teams who spend crazy money on ex seniors and then try and implement the crazy suicide style of risky passes from the back really just for the sake of it,  there were signs of darvel trying it in the last few seasons and now Johnstone burgh are doing it,  there would be more success if they played a style that suits our level as opposed to trying to bring in this so called super dooper senior pass it for the sake of it stuff .

Our level can welcome a good passing game however due the intensity of it and percentage balls being played by opponents I just don't see why teams put themselves in needless danger. 

I'll need to add a correction. I missed the first goal. It might've benn world class. I was thinking of a near miss after Johnstone lost the ball in their own area.

I enjoyed watching the big Emirates plane going over, a high ball could've hit it 

1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I'll need to add a correction. I missed the first goal. It might've benn world class. I was thinking of a near miss after Johnstone lost the ball in their own area.

I enjoyed watching the big Emirates plane going over, a high ball could've hit it 

Maybe big lafferty was on the big emirates plane on his holidays with the big chunk he's taking out of keanie Park 😆

15 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I certainly didn't see him about.

He was there for most of the game, saw him at the start of the game and the end of the game but wasn’t out for some parts of the match.

Must’ve been watching the Rangers game in the bar! 

2 minutes ago, BurghLoyal said:

He was there for most of the game, saw him at the start of the game and the end of the game but wasn’t out for some parts of the match.

Must’ve been watching the Rangers game in the bar! 

Fair enough. I wasn't in there. I'm all about clean living!