Falkirk vs Stirling

41 minutes ago, WC Boggs said:

When you tie your self worth to your team's results, you've tied it's arse to a ticking time bomb.  Taking cheap shots at Falkirk fans won't kiss it better, so gie it a rest and be men instead of man babies.  

I like you, Boggs. You’re alright.

10 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

There was a time when Clyde were a successful club you could never say that about Stirling.

Bit of a yo-yo team in the two league structure in the 50s and 60s so not completely without merit but ever since the three or four leagues there’s really been nothing from them. It’s a bit strange that a town the size of Stirling hasn’t fared a bit better over the years/decades (even just a small purple patch but….nothing other than the odd foray out of the seaside leagues).

12 hours ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

Bit of a yo-yo team in the two league structure in the 50s and 60s so not completely without merit but ever since the three or four leagues there’s really been nothing from them. It’s a bit strange that a town the size of Stirling hasn’t fared a bit better over the years/decades (even just a small purple patch but….nothing other than the odd foray out of the seaside leagues).

I always see Stirling as not really a football place, a bit like Perth. I could be wrong but I worked there for a lot of years and only really know one Bino who goes regularly.

1 hour ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I always see Stirling as not really a football place, a bit like Perth. I could be wrong but I worked there for a lot of years and only really know one Bino who goes regularly.

Is that a euphemism for Tories? 😁

They like their rugby in Stirling.

4 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Well that's mental. Some of the best amateur teams in the country are from Stirling. 

Football parks and astroturfs all over are always booked out every weekend from fun 4's right up to over 35's.

I am from Stirling and have lived here all my life. I know more Falkirk fans through here than binos. Says more about the Albion as a club rather than it not being a football town/city

1 hour ago, BB_Bino said:

Stirling Rugby Club is no bigger than Falkirk's 🤣

Talk about a car crash thread!

Aye I'm with you on this. There's Stirling county and Bannockburn rugby club, that's the only teams I can think of at all that play rugby through here 😂

2 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Is that a euphemism for Tories? 😁

They like their rugby in Stirling.

What is this utter pish? 

Bannockburn, Cowie, Fallin, Plean, Cambusbarron and the Raploch were all football and nothing else.  Bridge of Allan and the Kings Park rugby, yet as a kid I never saw a rugby pitch anywhere.   Not until the area became a commuter housing belt devoid of industry and work,

Politically Plean was Gerrymandered off to the Falkirk voters roll to help the Tories get in. 

The religiously split education system churns out old firm supporters like a factory, just like nearly everywhere else.

We ended up with a town like Ayr without a beach and an army of old firm supporters Oh joy.  Nice to look at, shame about the rest.  Give the cultural inferiority complex a rest.  Industry counts more than a castle and monuments when you need a job.

2 hours ago, WC Boggs said:

Bannockburn, Cowie, Fallin, Plean, Cambusbarron and the Raploch were all football and nothing else.  Bridge of Allan and the Kings Park rugby, yet as a kid I never saw a rugby pitch anywhere.   Not until the area became a commuter housing belt devoid of industry and work,

Politically Plean was Gerrymandered off to the Falkirk voters roll to help the Tories get in. 

The religiously split education system churns out old firm supporters like a factory, just like nearly everywhere else.

We ended up with a town like Ayr without a beach and an army of old firm supporters Oh joy.  Nice to look at, shame about the rest.  Give the cultural inferiority complex a rest.  Industry counts more than a castle and monuments when you need a job.

Talking of local football clubs and bridge of Allan I saw big Duncan Ferguson in bridge of Allan this week, presume he must still have family in the area. 

5 hours ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Talking of local football clubs and bridge of Allan I saw big Duncan Ferguson in bridge of Allan this week, presume he must still have family in the area. 

Geez. there's a blast from the  past.  The last time I saw him he  was sitting pished outside a pub in Grangemouth the night before a Rangers game.  How time flies.

23 hours ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

His parents still live in the same house on the Glasgow road just up from the hollybank