Falkirk vs Stirling

Can the mighty Bairns overcome the plucky Binos and leapfrog them in the league table.

All the pressure on Falkirk, I'll settle for a point but wouldn't surprise me if we grind out a 1-0 win and go five clear of them.

How have you been playing so far this season Falkirk fans?

Edited by Quentin Taranbino

Last 12 League Fixtures between the clubs

2010/11

Stirling 1 - 2 Falkirk

Falkirk 4 - 2 Stirling

Stirling 0 - 5 Falkirk 

Falkirk 3 - 0 Stirling 

1997/98

Falkirk 1 - 0 Stirling

Stirling 0 - 6 Falkirk

Falkirk 3 - 2 Stirling

Stirling 2 - 3 Falkirk 

1996/97

Falkirk 2 - 2 Stirling 

Stirling 0 - 0 Falkirk 

Falkirk 5 - 2 Stirling 

Stirling 1 - 0 Falkirk 

27 years since we have beaten Falkirk in the league since a Steve McCormick strike back in 1996

Shows just how far we had fallen that there have been so few league meetings between the clubs.

Some right humpings in there

I was at that 0 v 1 game. Shocking red card given to Andy Gray while goalless.

I was sort of in the company of two American tourists who wanted to take in a saccergame. They left very confused indeed by 90 minutes of utter fury and disgust from the away support 😄

2 hours ago, Quentin Taranbino said:

This was the worst of them. Credit to any Bairns fans in the terracing. It was fucking freezing

I was sitting on the back wall of the terracing for at least part of that game. I think it’s probably the most soaked I’ve been at a game ever. It still hasn’t been beaten.

On 12/08/2023 at 20:05, Quentin Taranbino said:

How have you been playing so far this season Falkirk fans?

Aside from around a 20 minute spell in each game, we've played well across our opening two matches.

Without the worst refereeing decision I've seen given against us in years (a penalty for a 'handball') and a terrible error from our resident dumpling Brad McKay to gift a goal against Cove, we'd have two wins and be sitting on 6 points.

It wouldnt surprise me if Stirling are the best side we've faced so far though so will need to be on our game to win. 

5 hours ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Famous last words

Only 2 games into the season they might well be. With 2 games to play this week and only part time, I'd rather wait and see what's left of us after them before I even think about next Tuesday.