Falkirk vs Stirling

9 hours ago, WC Boggs said:

Only 2 games into the season they might well be. With 2 games to play this week and only part time, I'd rather wait and see what's left of us after them before I even think about next Tuesday.  

It's our next league game which is why I started it.

If you genuinely think I was boasting about being ahead of them in the league after two games then you need to work on your skills to pick up on sarcasm.

1 hour ago, Quentin Taranbino said:

It's our next league game which is why I started it.

If you genuinely think I was boasting about being ahead of them in the league after two games then you need to work on your skills to pick up on sarcasm.

I don't have a problem with you starting the thread early, What I did do was say why I personally don't have much to say about the match at this point. I said that because things could happen to limit our selection options with two cup ties between now and then. That's just a personal choice, not a rule for, or a blast at anybody who thinks differently. 

The being ahead of them part I just took as typical mild banter between rivals. Yes, banter that the result might not bear out, but didn't say a word about boasting.  So, perhaps you could work on toning down the hypersensitivity a bit.  No, I couldn't tell if that was serious or sarcasm and frankly didn't care, but if sarcasm was the intent, fine. A bit light on bite maybe.  

If I was going for obvious sarcasm I'd probably go for, If Falkirk hadn't been crap in the cup they'd have a cup tie to get through as well.  Each to their own though. Have a nice evening.

1 hour ago, WC Boggs said:

I don't have a problem with you starting the thread early, What I did do was say why I personally don't have much to say about the match at this point. I said that because things could happen to limit our selection options with two cup ties between now and then. That's just a personal choice, not a rule for, or a blast at anybody who thinks differently. 

The being ahead of them part I just took as typical mild banter between rivals. Yes, banter that the result might not bear out, but didn't say a word about boasting.  So, perhaps you could work on toning down the hypersensitivity a bit.  No, I couldn't tell if that was serious or sarcasm and frankly didn't care, but if sarcasm was the intent, fine. A bit light on bite maybe.  

If I was going for obvious sarcasm I'd probably go for, If Falkirk hadn't been crap in the cup they'd have a cup tie to get through as well.  Each to their own though. Have a nice evening.

A lot of words to say not a lot.

1 hour ago, WC Boggs said:

giphy-1.gif.6ab680d02f5ca39b2a32f15078f85a9c.gif

On 12/08/2023 at 21:22, Quentin Taranbino said:

This was the worst of them. Credit to any Bairns fans in the terracing. It was fucking freezing

Was on the terrace that day too. My mate had just a shirt on & one of the stewards ended up giving him a jacket 😂. What a brass neck for him but he/we were 16 & thought we were invincible as you do.

I actually hope SA get passed Aberdeen tbh but needs to be 3pts for FFC on Tuesday. 

On 12/08/2023 at 21:14, Quentin Taranbino said:

Last 12 League Fixtures between the clubs

2010/11

Stirling 1 - 2 Falkirk

Falkirk 4 - 2 Stirling

Stirling 0 - 5 Falkirk 

Falkirk 3 - 0 Stirling 

1997/98

Falkirk 1 - 0 Stirling

Stirling 0 - 6 Falkirk

Falkirk 3 - 2 Stirling

Stirling 2 - 3 Falkirk 

1996/97

Falkirk 2 - 2 Stirling 

Stirling 0 - 0 Falkirk 

Falkirk 5 - 2 Stirling 

Stirling 1 - 0 Falkirk 

27 years since we have beaten Falkirk in the league since a Steve McCormick strike back in 1996

Shows just how far we had fallen that there have been so few league meetings between the clubs.

Some right humpings in there

That 5-2 game in 96 was my first brockville experience and it was an absolutely mental game! 😂

Needless to say I was hooked 

1 hour ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

The best thing about Stirling Albion having been promoted is no longer having "WC Boggs" stinking out the League 2 forum with his wretched, F-grade banter.

He's your problem now, League 1 fans!

Up yours Fabregasser.

1 hour ago, RC55 FFC said:

Was on the terrace that day too. My mate had just a shirt on & one of the stewards ended up giving him a jacket 😂. What a brass neck for him but he/we were 16 & thought we were invincible as you do.

I actually hope SA get passed Aberdeen tbh but needs to be 3pts for FFC on Tuesday. 

Unless your mate is Winnie the Pooh, he should have been huckled for indecent exposure. 😋

Winnie The Pooh Discography | Discogs

Edited by Bairn in Exile

9 hours ago, Senator Frimpton said:

That 5-2 game in 96 was my first brockville experience and it was an absolutely mental game! 😂

It was!

Did they not get 3 players sent off, and we only got the last couple of goals to seal it in the last few minutes. Mayhem.

9 hours ago, Senator Frimpton said:

Were we not getting beat with about 15 mins to go? I remember my uncle leaving but I wanted to stay so my dad stayed with me, was some comeback and he couldn't believe he missed it. 

That 5-2 game was crazy. We were down to 9 men at 1-1. Then with about 15 to go we got a corner. Put 2 men in the box and scored. I was young and naive and went crazy like we’d just won the World Cup. Should have known better. Falkirk had a very good team back then and we eventually succumbed, with the Bairns firing in 4 more goals. The emotional comedown was brutal. 

Aside: My Dad and all his family were/ are Falkirk fans. In fact if any of you Bairns reading this are familiar with the McNee family (father and son both sadly passed away in recent years, both had season tickets for Falkirk), then i send my regards. Great people. 

Same set-up from the 20th minute onwards at Cove will do nicely

Long
Yeats Donaldson Lang McCann
Spencer Henderson
Morrison Agyeman Miller
MacIvor 

If Donaldson is injured slot Henderson back there because I never want to see Brad McKay in a Falkirk top again tbh 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

It's such a pity that the game has had to be moved to a Tuesday night, as I honestly think that if it had stayed on the Saturday there would have been more of a crowd and more of an occasion. Despite the date shift impacting off the field, I really hope it's business as usual on the field. We're not expected to win the game, but play as we have been playing and we have a chance and Falkirk will have to work for whatever they get.

2 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Same set-up from the 20th minute onwards at Cove will do nicely

Lang
Yeats Donaldson Lang McCann
Spencer Henderson
Morrison Agyeman Miller
MacIvor 

If Donaldson is injured slot Henderson back there because I never want to see Brad McKay in a Falkirk top again tbh 

I know Lang can play in more than one position, but come on, that’s mental.

34 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

I see Stirling have done up the terrace behind the goal for the return fixture to suckle from the teet of the navy blue pound 

Active Stirling are moving on the north terracing works as well, so with a fair wind and any luck we'll be able to give you both teets to suckle from and milk even more blue pounds.

7 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

It was!

Did they not get 3 players sent off, and we only got the last couple of goals to seal it in the last few minutes. Mayhem.

Think so, Falkirk keeper should have been sent off in the first minute for saving a shot outside the penalty area (Craig Nelson I think) but only yellowed, Albion had 2 men sent off at 1-1 then incredibly went 2-1 up, eventually collapsed in the last ten minutes and conceded four goals.