Scots abroad 2023/24

8 hours ago, HuttonDressedAsLahm said:

We got Christie playing in centre midfield for Bournemouth as well. Our players are being played in different positions for their clubs and we are going to be playing total football like Holland from the Cruyff era at this rate. 

5 hours ago, The Algebraist said:

I don't know the solution but it's getting close to the point where you wonder what you can do to the system to get all of our best players on the park - like with KT and Robertson. Maybe we should go with Motta's 2-7-2.

What we’re lacking is the explosive players, I don’t see us finding them before the euros

Need real serious pace to change matches at times.

I’d say Patterson and Tierney maybe have it but no one in an advanced position 

3 hours ago, dundeefc1783 said:

Lewis Ferguson captain and scoring the scoring the winner as Bologna go fourth in league.  Really is testament to how good our midfield that Ferguson can't get a sniff despite being a regular at a very high level. 

Chuffed for Ferguson and hope he gets more chances with the NT. I remember when he was at Aberdeen pundits would fairly regularly compare him to his uncle and dad and say that he was nowhere near either of their levels. If he continues with his current trajectory, in a couple of years, it could end up being a conversation about whether he’s eclipsed the both of them.

2 hours ago, bleedingums said:

Chuffed for Ferguson and hope he gets more chances with the NT. I remember when he was at Aberdeen pundits would fairly regularly compare him to his uncle and dad and say that he was nowhere near either of their levels. If he continues with his current trajectory, in a couple of years, it could end up being a conversation about whether he’s eclipsed the both of them.

He already has........both Barry and Derek were great Rangers level players but never really pushed themselves to better.....Lewis is already doing the business in serie A.

Edited by git-intae-thum

9 hours ago, bleedingums said:

I don't really remember pundits "regularly" doing that, it is rare for them to be critical of any player.

8 hours ago, git-intae-thum said:

He already has........both Barry and Derek were great Rangers level players but never really pushed themselves to better.....Lewis is already doing the business in serie A.

Barry Ferguson would have excelled in Serie A but didn't have the off field intelligence to contemplate such a move (or to have coped with it). Fortunately Lewis seems to have more than the combined IQ of his dad and his uncle 😃

If I recall correctly playing football abroad wasn't really the done thing during Barry Ferguson's day. Maybe the reasons (whatever they were) for that general trend could explain partly why Ferguson never did it. It seems a bit of a better climate for that to happen at the moment.

7 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

If I recall correctly playing football abroad wasn't really the done thing during Barry Ferguson's day. Maybe the reasons (whatever they were) for that general trend could explain partly why Ferguson never did it. It seems a bit of a better climate for that to happen at the moment.

Bollocks. Just say it as it is, he was happy in his wee British bubble and it would have taken a degree of intelligence he didn't have to be successful abroad.

20 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Bollocks. Just say it as it is, he was happy in his wee British bubble and it would have taken a degree of intelligence he didn't have to be successful abroad.

I won't hear a bad word said about wee Baz. Gentleman of the game, one of the good guys I'll have you know.

Edited by 2426255