Accies Vs Montrose

Another team Accies are not used to playing. Montrose are usually quite a good team under Stewart Petrie but they've started this season off a little disappointing so far. We will be looking to continue our 100% winning record in the league also not conceded a goal yet. Montrose are a good side however if we are wanting to win the league it's another game we should be winning especially at home Accies 2-0 Montrose.

Same message as every week so far. If we want to win the league, we need to win games like this one. 

Confidence is high. We don't just have a good starting XI, we have a strong squad. I'd like to see One start ahead of Winter but other than that the same personnel should start again. 

Hopefully another clean sheet and we continue our form of scoring one more goal than the week previous. 4-0 Accies. 

Edited by Accies1

8 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

He's been very effective coming off the bench with his fresh legs v tiring defenders so far though!

Very true and I wouldn't be adverse to him coming off the bench either but I feel his contributions thus far merit a starting place. 

Either way, it's such a nice feeling to actually have options for positions. 

14 minutes ago, mo83 said:

This could be another pasting for us unfortunately 😭😭😭😭

In a weird way I'm actually a bit more worried about this game than any others, so far. 

It's our first home game against a side that we're expected to beat, therefore I think there's a bit more expectation on the players shoulders. I hope they handle it. 

3 minutes ago, Accies1 said:

In a weird way I'm actually a bit more worried about this game than any others, so far. 

It's our first home game against a side that we're expected to beat, therefore I think there's a bit more expectation on the players shoulders. I hope they handle it. 

We aren't playing well at all at the moment,unless we get some good loans in this week I can't see us beating you lot on Saturday.

Montrose are a team I expected to be the front runner of the Part-time teams, pushing for a promotion place. They haven't started that well, but on paper they have goals in their team so we need to be cautious.

I definitely think there's players currently on the bench that deserve to start, but I'm happy with this current set up against sides that will tire quicker than us. I wasn't at Edinburgh, but it looks like One repeated the same contribution as he did the previous week, coming off the bench fresh against tired legs and being able to kill off the game.

Having not conceded yet, that gives the impression we have a solid defence, which I don't think is really the case, there are some frailties I feel. After reading some of the Montrose posts over the last few weeks, seems like they are struggling defensively, so I'm feeling like there will be a flurry of goals in this game. I'm going to predict 4-2 Accies, to keep with the extra goal a week trend, but our clean sheets coming to an end.

5 hours ago, Laid-back Accie said:

Montrose are a team I expected to be the front runner of the Part-time teams, pushing for a promotion place. They haven't started that well, but on paper they have goals in their team so we need to be cautious.

I definitely think there's players currently on the bench that deserve to start, but I'm happy with this current set up against sides that will tire quicker than us. I wasn't at Edinburgh, but it looks like One repeated the same contribution as he did the previous week, coming off the bench fresh against tired legs and being able to kill off the game.

Having not conceded yet, that gives the impression we have a solid defence, which I don't think is really the case, there are some frailties I feel. After reading some of the Montrose posts over the last few weeks, seems like they are struggling defensively, so I'm feeling like there will be a flurry of goals in this game. I'm going to predict 4-2 Accies, to keep with the extra goal a week trend, but our clean sheets coming to an end.

For league 1 we definitely have a good defence probably the best in the league Longridge,Tumilty and Kilday are all really good players that would probably get games for championship teams. Fulton being back in the next couple of weeks will be massive as well even though Jamie Smith hasn't put a foot wrong in the past 3 games.

35 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

For league 1 we definitely have a good defence probably the best in the league Longridge,Tumilty and Kilday are all really good players that would probably get games for championship teams. Fulton being back in the next couple of weeks will be massive as well even though Jamie Smith hasn't put a foot wrong in the past 3 games.

Yeah I would agree with this for the most part, I didn't mean that our defence was bad in any way. Just that sometimes I can see gaps that could be exploited by the better attacking players in the league. But I understand that a portion of that will be down to how new the squad is.

As you say Fulton coming back will be a huge boost in goals, but it will be interesting to see how Rankin handles it. Would you put Fulton straight back in when he's ready, even if Smith continues to keep clean sheets.

4 hours ago, Laid-back Accie said:

Yeah I would agree with this for the most part, I didn't mean that our defence was bad in any way. Just that sometimes I can see gaps that could be exploited by the better attacking players in the league. But I understand that a portion of that will be down to how new the squad is.

As you say Fulton coming back will be a huge boost in goals, but it will be interesting to see how Rankin handles it. Would you put Fulton straight back in when he's ready, even if Smith continues to keep clean sheets.

Fair enough just the way it came across. For me even though Jamie Smith has been OK you need to be starting Fulton as soon as he comes back. We have Stirling away,Alloa,Queen of the South away and Falkirk away in the next month it would be ideal if we had Fulton for all of those games.

We have a few injuries in defence. Not sure how they coped during the week but Andy Steeves and Dillon both went off last week with injuries and Kerr Waddle is a long termer. We have had a terrible stert to the season and our problem seems to be our midfield. They are very defensive and we don't have a playmaker who can control the middle of the field. We have potentially the best strike force in the league in McAllister and Hester but we don't have the supply that they need.
I ferar the worst, 3-1 Accies.

20 minutes ago, PortyMo said:

We have a few injuries in defence. Not sure how they coped during the week but Andy Steeves and Dillon both went off last week with injuries and Kerr Waddle is a long termer. We have had a terrible stert to the season and our problem seems to be our midfield. They are very defensive and we don't have a playmaker who can control the middle of the field. We have potentially the best strike force in the league in McAllister and Hester but we don't have the supply that they need.
I ferar the worst, 3-1 Accies.

From what I gather, Waddell and Towler will be out until the end of September at least, Steeves is out for 3 weeks and Dillon is fine was subbed off to change shape. 

My first home game in a long time and f**k me we have some amount of negative fans. Old boy behind me ver-near burst a blood vessel the amount he was shouting abuse all game. 

Yes, we made hard work of it in the end but on another day we win that 4/5-0. I thought Kilday was excellent and we limited Montrose to one good chance, which thankfully they never took. 

4 wins out of 4, no goals conceded, can't ask for much more. 

C'mon Accies!

9 minutes ago, Accies1 said:

My first home game in a long time and f**k me we have some amount of negative fans. Old boy behind me ver-near burst a blood vessel the amount he was shouting abuse all game. 

Yes, we made hard work of it in the end but on another day we win that 4/5-0. I thought Kilday was excellent and we limited Montrose to one good chance, which thankfully they never took. 

4 wins out of 4, no goals conceded, can't ask for much more. 

C'mon Accies!

No doubt that plum Scotty Tunbridge after O'Hara missed his chance

Another win and another 3 points is the main thing.

Continuing to build a steady momentum and by the time the bigger games come round we will hopefully have gelled the new team further.

Credit to Montrose, they were stuffy in defence and had more of a go of it in the second half....goalkeeper was good too.

Another day that would have been a 4 or 5 nil win.....I feel that type of result is brewing for us though and will happen sooner or later. 

Edited by Theaccie1

Decent enough performance, and a deserved 3 points. On another day it's 3 or 4 nil and we get the result our dominance deserves. But, ultimately, it's 3 points and a clean sheet. Nothing else matters at this stage.

We can't expect to blow teams away every week - anyone giving Rankin grief today needs a wee reality check.

It's a nice, but strange, feeling to be really enjoying the football again.