Accies Vs Montrose

Sometimes you just need to get the ugly win. Only team in the 4 tiers with a 100% record.

O’Hara’s miss was criminal, you could excuse a centre back for panicking like that when through 1 on 1. I’d rather a striker who only puts in half the work he does but you actually have confidence in to score some goals.

Edited by Scotty Tunbridge

This is a very minor complaint as I'm delighted with our start, but next week I'd like us to just be firm and play Fulton instead of Smith. Smith's been absolutely fine this season but I'm worried that we'll just get into a position where we're waiting on him making a mistake for us to bring in the superior goalkeeper. 

It's harsh, and Smith's steadiness has surprised me, but I just think it's the kind of proactive decision you need to make. 

It's another good win thought Kilday and Tait were both excellent. However there is a couple of concerns for me today. How Andy Winter keeps getting a game over Oné and Henderson is mental to me. To win any league you need a good goal scoring striker I don't think O'Hara is that man he was absolutely rotten today. I know we are linked with Owen Moffat and it would be a good signing but we need a striker more than a winger imo unless 1 or 2 wingers are heading for the exit in the next week. 

In the end a comfortable win. You always get that nervous feeling when you're only 1 up going into the last 10 minutes, and Montrose did try to turn the screw, but I felt we dealt with them well. 

As other folk have said, we won't hammer teams every week, but defo need to have a bit of a cushion, to try and avoid dropping points to last minute smash and grab goals.

Overall a win is a win, and I'll always take 3 points at the end of the day, so onwards and upwards.

Be keeping an eye on the St Mirren game tomorrow. If St Mirren fail to win, we'll be the only SPFL team to have 100% record.

55 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

It's another good win thought Kilday and Tait were both excellent. However there is a couple of concerns for me today. How Andy Winter keeps getting a game over Oné and Henderson is mental to me. To win any league you need a good goal scoring striker I don't think O'Hara is that man he was absolutely rotten today. I know we are linked with Owen Moffat and it would be a good signing but we need a striker more than a winger imo unless 1 or 2 wingers are heading for the exit in the next week. 

I agree with Winter, I don't think he does enough to justify a starting spot at the moment, he needs to keep working on his game and may work better as an impact sub for now (Lewis in same position). Hopefully his injury isn't anything serious. One definitely does deserve more game time and is always a threat when on the park, probably our most confident striker at the moment.

I think it's a bit harsh on O'Hara as his work rate is always there, just not his best game in front of goal today. I think we will get goals from him but I agree with other posts that we need another striker for competition. Good thing for me at the moment is that the goals are spreading amongst the team which you need over the season. 

13 minutes ago, Theaccie1 said:

I agree with Winter, I don't think he does enough to justify a starting spot at the moment, he needs to keep working on his game and may work better as an impact sub for now (Lewis in same position). Hopefully his injury isn't anything serious. One definitely does deserve more game time and is always a threat when on the park, probably our most confident striker at the moment.

I think it's a bit harsh on O'Hara as his work rate is always there, just not his best game in front of goal today. I think we will get goals from him but I agree with other posts that we need another striker for competition. Good thing for me at the moment is that the goals are spreading amongst the team which you need over the season. 

Dunfermline fans did warn us that O'Hara was more of a hardworking guy than someone who actually scores goals. I think if we actually had 2 up top O'Hara might be OK but with 1 up top I don't see it working. I think a striker needs to be the main priority and it needs to be someone who actually is a goalscorer not the usual sort of Moyo or Tiehi sort of player. 

32 minutes ago, Theaccie1 said:

What has happened to McGlynn ?

I'm fine sticking with O'Hara if the goals come from elsewhere. It seems set up for them to come from the right hand side of the team as our best combination play is on the left which either leaves Winter and Tumilty space to run into or offers them opportunities on crosses - so those two need to be firing which Winter certainly isn't atm. 

2 hours ago, accies1874 said:

This is a very minor complaint as I'm delighted with our start, but next week I'd like us to just be firm and play Fulton instead of Smith. Smith's been absolutely fine this season but I'm worried that we'll just get into a position where we're waiting on him making a mistake for us to bring in the superior goalkeeper. 

It's harsh, and Smith's steadiness has surprised me, but I just think it's the kind of proactive decision you need to make. 

Rankin certainly seems like the if it isn’t broke don’t fix it type when in reality he could have dropped O’Hara and/or Winter for any of One/Henderson/Murray based off recent showings.

FWIW I wouldn’t be surprised if Fulton starts the Coleraine game though.

45 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Rankin certainly seems like the if it isn’t broke don’t fix it type when in reality he could have dropped O’Hara and/or Winter for any of One/Henderson/Murray based off recent showings.

FWIW I wouldn’t be surprised if Fulton starts the Coleraine game though.

We should be making 3 changes next week imo Jamie hasn't done anything wrong however none of those teams have created many shots on goal I think whoever is the keeper next week will be tested a lot more than the past 4 games. Winter and O'Hara both have to be dropped. Hopefully we have a new striker in for Stirling next week as the window shuts. Scottish loans are still available until the end of September and free agents are obviously still allowed but they won't be much options left after next week.

17 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

We should be making 3 changes next week imo Jamie hasn't done anything wrong however none of those teams have created many shots on goal I think whoever is the keeper next week will be tested a lot more than the past 4 games. Winter and O'Hara both have to be dropped. Hopefully we have a new striker in for Stirling next week as the window shuts. Scottish loans are still available until the end of September and free agents are obviously still allowed but they won't be much options left after next week.

What about Tumilty? Was way off it. I'd take him and Winter out. 

22 minutes ago, Theaccman said:

What about Tumilty? Was way off it. I'd take him and Winter out. 

Yeah I think Tumilty is a fair suggestion as well tbh however we haven't got many midfield options to put Macdonald at RB expect Hewit i wouldn't be against us bringing in another midfielder in the next week. 

There weren't many Montrose fans there, maybe 40 or so, but you wouldn't have known as we had nothing to shout about, other than poor refereeing and Hamilton timewasting from about 60 minutes onward.... 

Montrose were better second half, but not by much....  as someone above said we should have goals, but they just aren't happening.....

Frustrating......