Celtic v St. Johnstone

15 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Surprised that Greg Taylor ‘shot’ made the Sportscene edit. 

But Celtic have to get the right blend with their new signings that takes time!

As "Our Tam " said quarter of our team never not only knew one another but were playing for other teams this time last week !

My oh my how can Rodgers take a winning team with a winning formula and change them into losers? Stubbornness wanting to play his way  and Pride not admitting Postacoglou's  style. tactics and dynamics is better than his. I feel sorry for all the Celtic fans out there because you will win nothing this season and may just beat Rangers unwanted record in the Champion's league. My solution sack him and put Kennedy in charge with Postacoglou;s backroom staff and play the same way as you did the last 2 seasons. The same players are there

3 minutes ago, bennett said:

Surely even celtic can't get nearly 20 minutes added on?

Celtic-v-St-Johnstone-time-98da7018-5c36

Was just shy of 10 when he blew the whistle, im sure.

No real issue with the added on time. Hopefully keep seeing the same every week. Saints are always going to try and frustrate Celtic by slowing things down but that time should be added.

It'll never stop Saints killing time at Celtic Park but will hopefully reduce the inevitability of it when the first goal is scored in games between more evenly matched sides. I don't actually think we are the worst for it across the league but no team is innocent.

Spoke before the game about looking for a shape and discipline and it was on display. Hopefully a reset moment after a tough start.

With another couple of signings, this is certainly going to be Steven MacLean's squad.

Another stale performance with players looking scared to make a mistake. 
There seems to be a distinct lack of risk takers, I’m not sure if it’s Rodgers style or individuals competing for a starting place. Either way it’s not working. 
The teamwork shown last season has disappeared, the players were playing with a freedom & guile that had the game won in the first 30mins. 
Im sure we’ll play our way out of this dilemma, more games needed. Optimistic that we’ll hit a groove soon enough. 

2 hours ago, JPB16 said:

My oh my how can Rodgers take a winning team with a winning formula and change them into losers? Stubbornness wanting to play his way  and Pride not admitting Postacoglou's  style. tactics and dynamics is better than his. I feel sorry for all the Celtic fans out there because you will win nothing this season and may just beat Rangers unwanted record in the Champion's league. My solution sack him and put Kennedy in charge with Postacoglou;s backroom staff and play the same way as you did the last 2 seasons. The same players are there

It's an interesting take but the league is not won in the first 6 games of the season because it's going to take at least that for St Brendan to implement his sussessful style on these players.
Some players have bought into what he is selling and some haven't,Celtic are about 3 weeks behind where we should be and the result yesterday just cements what i've been saying since he came in.
We can post about the saints keeper time-wasting but for me the whole Celtic team are time-wasting with this tippy tappy calm on the ball possession possession St Brendan's boring boring lack of tempo football,by the end of September beginning of October Celtic will be in full flow.
Yes I preferred the way Ange played the game but that doesn't mean St Brendan's style isn't going to be successful.
Celtic are there for the taking right now.