Scotland Squad: Sep-2023 (Cyprus, England)

Gunn

Porteous Hanley Tierney

Hickey                                   Robertson

Gilmour

McTominay          McGregor 

McGinn 

Adams

I can't see Clarke dropping McTominay and Gilmour should be a cert the way he's playing, no chance McGregor is dropped either, that team fits everyone in comfortably with Hickey, Robertson and even Tierney bombing forward supporting. This should surely be a comfortable night at the office, no fucking aboot here, get them pumped lads.

19 minutes ago, M0rtonfc said:

Gunn

Porteous Hanley Tierney

Gilmour

McGinn 

Adams

I can't see Clarke dropping McTominay and Gilmour should be a cert the way he's playing, no chance McGregor is dropped either, that team fits everyone in comfortably with Hickey, Robertson and even Tierney bombing forward supporting. This should surely be a comfortable night at the office, no fucking aboot here, get them pumped lads.

I don't think Hanley is in the squad. He's been out injured for a while.

Hendry will probably play instead.

Edited by Donathan

48 minutes ago, M0rtonfc said:

Gunn

Porteous Hanley Tierney

Gilmour

McGinn 

Adams

Do you mean Hendry ?

1 hour ago, MarkoRaj said:

McGregor is a far more important player for us than McTominay

If McTominay was getting his game for Man U I wouldn't really be considering not playing him but it is a factor

McGregor is excellent, but I’m not sure how you quantify that he is much more important for us than McTominay who has five goals in four games and adds so much in terms of his physicality and driving runs. 

Gilmour can play the McGregor role against Cyprus, plus add a little more dynamism to it. That alongside the set up of the back five should protect us counter attacking wise. 

I’ll be happy with whatever Clarke goes with, but I’ll be amazed if he doesn’t play our biggest goal threat this campaign. 

The season has only just begun and he played in pre season so I don’t think that’s too big a factor at all. 

Edited by No_Problemo

Starting XI of that friendly was:

McGregor

Whittaker

Bardsley

Berra

G. Caldwell

Cowie

D. Fletcher

Morrison

Miller

Mackie

Robson

There may well have been a few call offs seeing as it was a friendly, but our current starting 11 is much better than that team. And we don't have to put up with with Levine as manager.

21 minutes ago, archieduke said:

Starting XI of that friendly was:

McGregor

Whittaker

Bardsley

Berra

G. Caldwell

Cowie

D. Fletcher

Morrison

Miller

Mackie

Robson

There may well have been a few call offs seeing as it was a friendly, but our current starting 11 is much better than that team. And we don't have to put up with with Levine as manager.

It's not a terrible side tbf, and we might think more fondly of it if we had a manager as good as Clarke. You could even argue that the last lineup away to Cyprus (Nov 2019) was worse on paper:

Marshall

Palmer Gallagher McKenna Taylor

Jack McGregor

Christie McGinn Forrest

Naismith

9 minutes ago, Ewanandmoreagain said:

These days

I know I'm weird but I've always liked them, even when we were shite. The most wonderful time(s) of the year imo