St Mirren - v - Aberdeen 27 August

12 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

https://twitter.com/scott_gemmell/status/1695836540088222206/video/1

Definitely appears to be a double touch.

The foot is opened up for the ball to go the way the keeper dives and ends up going right down the middle.

Goalies off his line anyway. Goal stands.

Seething mess etc.

Personally, I thought Richard Taylor was the man of the match.

Hemming was poor for the Aberdeen opened. He has to come and get something on the ball there.

Our penalty was a stonewaller. It is very annoying how long VAR takes to check these.

I absolutely love the fact Motherwell fans think Mika Mandron is a diddy. He’s been excellent for us. I suppose that’s the benefit if having a good manager.

The Aberdeen pen, like ours, was also a stonewaller.

Aberdeen were rank throughout and will no doubt be delighted and sneaking a point from a game they deserved nothing from.

Dons fans, has that been the theme of the season or more likely down to the midweek European fixtures? Most of your big players just weren’t at the races. In the handful of games I’ve seen of him, that’s the worst I’ve seen Miovski looking.

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

And that’s what’s so funny 

Yup. If we went up to Pittodrie and were complete shite, but waltzed away with an undeserved point, I’d certainly find it funny. Sore one to take, but over the next few days we’ll reflect on the fact that a draw against one of Scotland’s bigger clubs feels like a defeat. Get a result at Livvy next week and everything seems great again.

Enjoy your last gasp point. 🫡

20 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Congratulations on completely ignoring the point I made.

You can lecture on expectations when you stop exaggerating that your team will lose every game eleventy-nil.

We'd lost 4-0 to Stirling, been played off the park by County needing multiple 1 on 1 stops to avoid them scoring 5/6, havent even drawn with Celtic for years and were away to Parkhead to play them after theyd suffered a loss.

I didnt expect us to be able to change half the team before the game came around. 

7 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

Ok i believe you 

St Mirrens best side ever failing to beat Aberdeen at home (whilst playing as badly as we can) is a good result for St Mirren

Gotcha

I've lost count of the number of teams that put in their worst performance ever / of the season in Paisley over the last year or so. How can this be, must be something in the atmosphere that turns opposition players to utter dross the minute they take to the SMISA pitch.  Very mysterious,  or maybe just maybe they were playing against a very decent team. As for the likes or Random dipping in here, come back when the Fakes get to 7 points, we might see you in that case in about late October. 

We’ve got a right good side this season, I was very impressed with how we completely dominated that game. 
It was a travesty that we didn’t get the win our performance deserved.

An even bigger travesty was the 3 incompetent match officials and the fucken wanks on VAR duties.

We could play all season and not be that unlucky again.

Baccus on his game is absolutely unreal, he’s levels above this league.

1 minute ago, Billy Jean King said:

As for the likes or Random dipping in here, come back when the Fakes get to 7 points, we might see you in that case in about late October. 

This is what i meant.

Boasting about points tallies in August.

Youll be sitting in May absolutely delighted at another 6th placed finish and nothing else achieved as if its incredible.

1 minute ago, glenburn bud said:

We’ve got a right good side this season, I was very impressed with how we completely dominated that game. 
It was a travesty that we didn’t get the win our performance deserved.

An even bigger travesty was the 3 incompetent match officials and the fucken wanks on VAR duties.

We could play all season and not be that unlucky again.

Baccus on his game is absolutely unreal, he’s levels above this league.

I personally thought his distribution was poor again today. I'd drop him for O'hara once he is fit.

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

Other than the debate around the pen I’m genuinely not sure where the massive refereeing injustice was? 

For me, it looked like a definite foul on Tanser just seconds before he awards Aberdeen the freekick that they go and score from.

In real time, it certainly looked a foul and should have been a free kick to us.

Doesn’t negate out piss poor defending and horror goalkeeping though.

That was utter nonsense from us from start to finish. I haven't read any of the match comments on here yet, but St Mirren have only themselves to blame for not skooshing that three points. We will never play worse for the whole match ever again.