St Mirren - v - Aberdeen 27 August

3 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

Did I say we did ?

It's getting boring hearing club after clubs fans coming on here telling us it's the worst performance since they were knee high to a grasshopper. 

Its boring fans of every other team hearing from St Mirren fans how incredible they are

You didnt beat us. Despite according to at least 1 of your excitable fans us being "relegation fodder"

2 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

Its boring fans of every other team hearing from St Mirren fans how incredible they are

You didnt beat us. Despite according to at least 1 of your excitable fans us being "relegation fodder"

Yeh, we can’t win every game, we’re bound to drop the odd point to inferior sides now and again

2 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

Think I've read a similar amount of posts from you moaning about St Mirren fans saying 'how incredible' we are, as I have posts from St Mirren fans saying how incredible we are.

If Anderson had spotted what everyone else did from the footage, that last minute would have been one of the best ways to win a game ever. 

You think you’ve come from behind against last season’s ‘best of rest’ to win and go top of the league - but then looked like you’ve been denied in the 100th minute - only to have the victory restored. 

One of the best ever end of game emotional rollercoaster dramas. 

Just now, afc_blockhead said:

Your 100% correct mate no arguments on the score.  It was Aberdeen's lucky day so maybe lady luck is watching over you. Like it or not St Mirren tore you a sore one hence all the diarrhoea pouring out of your support. You got off lightly today if that's your best you have major problems playing a good team rather than a Aldi budget team. 

A deserved point for Aberdeen against the Scottish giants that are St Mirren. After all they have had a couple of good seasons in the top flight these past few decades.

More surprisingly Aberdeen have experienced no major injuries which must have been a worry. Honestly they would have known that getting out of the madam SIMSA with no one going to hospital was an unexpected bonus. Well done the dandies. 

2 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

Think I've read a similar amount of posts from you moaning about St Mirren fans saying 'how incredible' we are, as I have posts from St Mirren fans saying how incredible we are.

Cool

Maybe your fans should stop then? Lets face it another embarrassing fall back to 7th/8th awaits you ..

2 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

Your 100% correct mate no arguments on the score.  It was Aberdeen's lucky day so maybe lady luck is watching over you. Like it or not St Mirren tore you a sore one hence all the diarrhoea pouring out of your support. You got off lightly today if that's your best you have major problems playing a good team rather than a Aldi budget team. 

Yeah we probably did

But what you St Mirren fans seem very oddly averse to realising is .. 1 game doesnt define a team or a season

I thought you would have learnt that last season ..

3 minutes ago, welldaft said:

A deserved point for Aberdeen against the Scottish giants that are St Mirren. After all they have had a couple of good seasons in the top flight these past few decades.

More surprisingly Aberdeen have experienced no major injuries which must have been a worry. Honestly they would have known that getting out of the madam SIMSA with no one going to hospital was an unexpected bonus. Well done the dandies. 

Very true

Munoz actually cried when Miovski scored today. The celebration sent him over the edge. Strange fella 

5 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

Very true

Munoz actually cried when Miovski scored today. The celebration sent him over the edge. Strange fella 

I actually enjoyed seeing Aberdeen fans celebrating getting a draw at St Mirren like they’d won the World Cup. Shows how well we’re doing 😉

Edited by Captain_Sensible

5 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

Yeah we probably did

But what you St Mirren fans seem very oddly averse to realising is .. 1 game doesnt define a team or a season

I thought you would have learnt that last season ..

I have watched Saints since 1967. Trust me I carry a big cross from it. But now and again the cross is laid down not often.  These are good times from a Saints point of view. Aberdeen are a good club love you beating the dark sides of Glasgow. These times don't come along a lot for St Mirren so we are living the moment.  I'm dangling carrots it's not often we can do that. I have a lot of respect for Aberdeen just let us have our moment. 

6 minutes ago, Captain_Sensible said:

I actually enjoyed seeing Aberdeen fans celebrating getting a draw at St Mirren like they’d won the World Cup. Shows how well we’re doing 😉

If thats how you want to judge St Mirren . Benchmarking against Aberdeen.  Be my guest 😄

Munoz was fuming. He wanted Miovski to get his ankle snapped again

I presume munoz is 12 (IQ)

Just now, ZingaliMan said:

I have watched Saints since 1967. Trust me I carry a big cross from it. But now and again the cross is laid down not often.  These are good times from a Saints point of view. Aberdeen are a good club love you beating the dark sides of Glasgow. These times don't come along a lot for St Mirren so we are living the moment.  I'm dangling carrots it's not often we can do that. I have a lot of respect for Aberdeen just let us have our moment. 

Its all in banter 

Anyone supporting St Mirren (even Munoz) rather than sevco or celtic nearby deserves some form of "success"

2 hours ago, ZingaliMan said:

Sometimes the truth hurts. Aberdeen expectations are way above reality. Have been since Fergie left for the land of milk and honey. Aberdeen are bog standard on one of the Leagues highest budgets.  . 

This trope is always wheeled out against Aberdeen, and I find it very strange. 

Forget Fergie and the 80s and look at the here and now and recent form. 

Aberdeen regularly have the 3rd/4th highest playing budget in the league. 

Aberdeen have finished in the top 4 in 9 out of the last 10 seasons. 

Genuine question ,what do fans of other teams think is a “realistic expectation” for Aberdeen fans given the above?