St Mirren - v - Aberdeen 27 August

Is offside different from fouls in how many stages of play you can go back, because I’ve not seen a goal chopped off for something that happened so much earlier for ages. 

I know it sounds paranoid, but felt like VAR were looking for a reason to disallow it, and when you see them somehow missing the double touch it’s hard not to be.  

There was also a slight tug on Strain before his dive.  Would have been soft but VAR gave a similar soft tug as a penalty to Dundee a couple of weeks ago. 

Edited by Bobby_F

10 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Just seen it now and the spin of the ball is the giveaway that it’s a double touch, for me. I would be fuming with that if I was a Saints fan. 

We've been fucked over by VAR a few times, so every time it's use arises I just assume that we're going to come out of it negatively and resign myself to our fate.

I think I'd be spewing if we hadn't taken any points at all.

As I mentioned earlier, our inability to kill teams off when we're dominating a game is more annoying.

Olusanya was unplayable at times today. However, failing to score in the second half when clean through was unforgivable.

Edited by FTOF

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

I was watching on st Mirren tv and I genuinely couldn’t tell if it was a double touch. It looked like it might be but it feels like VAR didn’t act because they couldn’t say for certain. 

It isn’t news that VAR is pointless shite. 

Particularly frustrating that our last two home games have seen incidents that we were all (as a country) reliably informed that VAR would be put into place to remove all shred of doubt over and both of them have gone against us because the system that we all (as clubs and as supporters) financially pony up for, can't give a definitive answer for.

These are the exact things we should be saying 'glad VAR cleared that up' about.

I’ve read a lot of posts from Aberdeen fans saying that St Mirren should have won because Aberdeen team were very poor.

I think that does a disservice to how well drilled St Mirren were from front to back hunting in packs and not giving Aberdeen time on the ball. 

Let’s not forget the financial gulf between the two sides - Aberdeen budget spend is at least 4 times that of St Mirren. 

To think that Saints fans were disappointed with the result demonstrates how far we have come since Robbo got us organised and hard working. 

As Fitzy once said “Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard”. 

19 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

There's encroachment and the keeper is off his line so it would have been retaken anyway 👍🏻

That's a good point. No idea whether a goalkeeper being off his line at the time of the initial contact would overrule a double kick. It should. 

14 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I was watching on st Mirren tv and I genuinely couldn’t tell if it was a double touch. It looked like it might be but it feels like VAR didn’t act because they couldn’t say for certain. 

It isn’t news that VAR is pointless shite. 

I think it's the same as the St Mirren shot that was deemed to be not over the line against Dundee, oh no St Mirren again, not being given as a goal because it couldn't be conclusively proven.

It was also a cast iron certainty that Beaton would book a St Mirren player fist despite constant niggling offences by Aberdeen.

Duk could easily have seen red today for multiple offences. There was a deliberate handball which went unchallenged by the referee in terms of a booking. If Strain gets a yellow for diving then a deliberate handball should also see a yellow. 

Miovski was also guilty of diving and feigning injury before suddenly performing a Lazarus recovery to sprint into the box. 

Basically Beaton is a Cnut. And we can all agree that Ross is too. 

5 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

That's a good point. No idea whether a goalkeeper being off his line at the time of the initial contact would overrule a double kick. It should. 

Keeper isn’t off his line when the kick is taken though. But there is definitely encroachment from an Aberdeen boy. Regardless of double touch, penalty should have been retaken 

Just now, Captain_Sensible said:

Keeper isn’t off his line when the kick is taken though. But there is definitely encroachment from an Aberdeen boy. Regardless of double touch, penalty should have been retaken 

If it's a double touch it's a free kick.

Just now, kingjoey said:

If it's a double touch it's a free kick.

I think the Captain is being kind to you by suggesting the game should have stopped when the officials saw the encroachment.  Mind you if they didn’t see the obvious double tap they were never going to see the encroachment. 

4 minutes ago, Molotov said:

It was also a cast iron certainty that Beaton would book a St Mirren player fist despite constant niggling offences by Aberdeen.

Duk could easily have seen red today for multiple offences. There was a deliberate handball which went unchallenged by the referee in terms of a booking. If Strain gets a yellow for diving then a deliberate handball should also see a yellow. 

Miovski was also guilty of diving and feigning injury before suddenly performing a Lazarus recovery to sprint into the box. 

Basically Beaton is a Cnut. And we can all agree that Ross is too. 

Jeezo mate.

Get your missus to reboot you.