St Mirren - v - Aberdeen 27 August

This has probably been covered but if St Mirren had a decent keeper the 3 points would have been all theirs. Thankfully we have a very decent keeper and got all 3 points from Hearts.

Edited by Fifespud

9 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

This has probably been covered but if St Mirren had a decent keeper the 3 points would have been all theirs. Thankfully we have a very decent keeper and got all 3 points from Hearts.

Says a guy who had big Joe score AGAINST said keeper while playing FOR his team just a couple of weeks ago. Try another thread with a mere mention of the club living completely rent free in your small brain.

Firstly well done St Mirren, my grandson loved the pre match football darts and basketball great to see this at the ground.  Have said from day 1 that VAR in Scotland was a bit pointless due to the number of cameras at games, they rarely get a good angle on a lot of the calls they have to make.  Got to wish Aberdeen all the best in midweek hoping the get through and are in West Ham’s group because on what I watched yesterday it it would make the Hibs result against Villa look respectable. 

1 hour ago, Kempes said:

Yes, but I have seen him playing against us before, hence the STILL waiting comment.

Last time he played against you, one of your players took it upon himself to try and end Bojan's playing career prematurely.

The market will determine his worth - Oli McBurnie went for five times that amount and I wouldn't swap him for Miovski.

2 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Duk should have been sent off too apparently. 

To be fair, he foul where he was eventually booked should really have been his second. The handball he got given against him about 10 minutes prior is a yellow in 90% of cases. The ball was above both players' heads and he sort of just reached up and flicked it downwards.

If it was the other way about I'd have been raging at taking a stupid booking so couldn't believe when Beaton never pulled the yellow on him. 

2 hours ago, Doakes said:

Wasn't much, saw a bit of a scuffle as I was walking through the carpark towards Feegie but nothing overly serious. Thought the atmosphere was pretty good inside the ground and Aberdeen fans I met were a friendly enough bunch 

A few points 

Aberdeen looked no better than they did last season. Robson's interview after the game was a bit bizarre, can't see him lasting too long. Duk in particular is shite

Miovski should have been booked for his celebration, he knew it was a double hit and so did Hemming. VAR had already wasted about 20-25 mins of the game so taking another few minutes to get that decision right would have been the right call. Not sure why Beaton didn't have a look, especially for a game deciding decision like that

Robinson spoke well after the game. Have been critical of him in the past but no question that he's getting the best out of a small squad. We played some tidy football so as long as we can keep the squad fit, we'll do alright 

This. Every other decision that had a decisive moment seemed to have a few minutes of scrutiny. This was a huge moment in the game and he's not bothered his arse to look at it properly. 

4 hours ago, smellthepaw said:

I know the game is done now and there's a list of strange refereeing decisions being debated, though why on earth did Miovski not pick up a yellow for goading W7 after his goal? 

Btw did anyone see what was happening on Ferguslie park avenue after the game? 

An Aberdeen fan was absolutely blootered and was goading a few wee guys in balaclavas. It was quite funny, a crowd of Saints fans started walking towards him. Got within about 10 yards of him and two polis arrived. One of the coppers looked to be itching for something to kick off, he was swinging his stick at a guy's legs as the guy was walking away.

52 minutes ago, smellthepaw said:

This. Every other decision that had a decisive moment seemed to have a few minutes of scrutiny. This was a huge moment in the game and he's not bothered his arse to look at it properly. 

The double touch thing is a black & white decision (excuse the pun) so like the offside calls he wouldn’t have been asked to review it, just told yay or nay.

7 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Did you start supporting after the cup final? If so, unlucky.

Actually no, apparently my dad took me to it; although I really don't have any recollection of it, 3 to 1 was the score I know but that probably stuck because it was a big event back then, my memories of being lifted over the turnstile by various strange men, wouldn't and couldn't happen nowadays, but those games somehow endowed a sense of belonging and I never felt the need to chase success and follow either of the Glasgow options,I am over seventy now and still don't.  COYS.

6 hours ago, btb said:

We don't need another 5-10 goal a season striker but unless we get lucky and magic up one that is a bit better we're gonna be posting the same comments pretty regularly.

I take your point, but unfortunately finding a striker such as Kevin Van Veen, whom Motherwell got on a free transfer from Scunthorpe, is a rare occurrence, one of the reasons why teams such as ourselves always need to look for goals from al areas of the team, and truth be told ......... having a Harry Kane is great till some rich club buys him.  Tottenham's new manager is already addressing that by looking to find goals from other positions..............clever man.

33 minutes ago, jaybeee said:

Actually no, apparently my dad took me to it; although I really don't have any recollection of it, 3 to 1 was the score I know but that probably stuck because it was a big event back then, my memories of being lifted over the turnstile by various strange men, wouldn't and couldn't happen nowadays, but those games somehow endowed a sense of belonging and I never felt the need to chase success and follow either of the Glasgow options,I am over seventy now and still don't.  COYS.

At least you were there! :thumsup2

3 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

As proven by yet another binfire thread.

Which is populated by half-witted, saints obsessed balloons from other clubs making brainless contributions.

Just in case you're too stupid to realise, that includes you.