Ross County v Rangers (12:30pm kick off, Sky)

Despite it being on TV will be going to this game in the hope that County get their 1st ever victory against Rangers. 

With the early 12:30pm kick off and Rangers surely resting the odd player, there is some hope here. It's a great opportunity if County play to their strengths and defend well. Do think County will get a goal, maybe even two, it's the defending well part causes concern.

2 - 3  We don't want to go too crazy with rotating players so probably just a few changes, plenty of possession against a stuffy defence and a couple of shaky moments defending set pieces. 

We’ve made a good start to the season and hopefully can make this a tricky one , but with the depth of rangers squad now I find it hard to see us getting anything better than a draw. 

The main question is whether mackay goes expansive like against Celtic or sit in like we have previously done against the old firm. Sitting in might be the best option and try and keep it to a low scoring draw , if we go expansive it’ll probably be a case of trying to out score them which could lead to an entertaining game.

Odds on White to score!

Games coming thick and fast now which I don't mind as I feel we have fared better in recent times with busier schedules.

I'd expect Danilo may start this one with Matondo also coming in to give us more width given his recent promising performances.

I am not sure if we will see the likes of Tavernier, Goldson and Cantwell completely rested for the PSV second leg like we did against Morton, but I suspect one or two may be left on the bench to start with.

8 hours ago, bennett said:

2 - 3  We don't want to go too crazy with rotating players so probably just a few changes, plenty of possession against a stuffy defence and a couple of shaky moments defending set pieces. 

8 hours ago, Rcfc fan said:

We’ve made a good start to the season and hopefully can make this a tricky one , but with the depth of rangers squad now I find it hard to see us getting anything better than a draw. 

The main question is whether mackay goes expansive like against Celtic or sit in like we have previously done against the old firm. Sitting in might be the best option and try and keep it to a low scoring draw , if we go expansive it’ll probably be a case of trying to out score them which could lead to an entertaining game.

Odds on White to score!

You've both had staunch points deducted. 

3-0

Edited by RuMoore

Hope County get tore right into them.

Quite surprising to hear chat of rotation for Rangers. I would argue, because of the nature of managing Celtic or Rangers, that losing this game may be more damaging to his long term prospects as Rangers manager than losing the PSV tie.

Winning the PSV tie would be good financially but I wonder if, with a view to self-preservation, Beale might be privately not too disappointed if they end up in the Europa where they might be more competitive. If they get a heavy home defeat like last season then again he could be on his way out.

1 hour ago, ClydeTon said:

"Your king...

Your king...

Your king loves us more than youuuu!"

Screenshot_20230824_204600.thumb.jpg.e2ff6af2321869c961d0311b9324639b.jpg

County - get that one belting round that famous footballing arena of yours.

They've definitely got a WhatsApp chat where they foward racist jokes to one another.

12 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

Hope County get tore right into them.

Quite surprising to hear chat of rotation for Rangers. I would argue, because of the nature of managing Celtic or Rangers, that losing this game may be more damaging to his long term prospects as Rangers manager than losing the PSV tie.

Winning the PSV tie would be good financially but I wonder if, with a view to self-preservation, Beale might be privately not too disappointed if they end up in the Europa where they might be more competitive. If they get a heavy home defeat like last season then again he could be on his way out.

I tend to agree with most of this, however (and with all due respect to Ross County), our squad should be deep enough to allow us to rotate a couple of players in preparation for the PSV game.

I don’t think it’ll be on the same scale as the Morton game, and I may be wrong entirely, I just think we might see Danilo and Lammers in from the start who I doubt will start against PSV.

I'd like to see Henderson get a start ahead of Sims, but I don't think that's likely. I'm assuming that Dhanda is still recovering from the assault on him in the St Johnstone match a few weeks ago, so Turner is likely to continue in his place. 

Has there been any word on Allardice, he hobbled off after 10 mins against celtic, if he's fit I'd have him in for Loturi, beside Randall at CDM.

Hopefully we continue our 4222 formation and have a good go at them on Saturday 🤞🦌

Certainly didn't expect Dhanda back this quickly, that's nice.

That said, definitely don't expect anything from this, County's record against Rangers is beyond pathetic, we're a shoe-in to give up a penalty against them considering how many we give up against teams that don't get so many soft decisions. Obviously it'd be nice to pick up something & especially funny to beat them, but can pretty much write it off & just hope there's no injuries or suspensions coming out of this.

Happy to be proven embarrassingly wrong mind.