Martindale to come up with the cunning strategy of "fling balls into Hibs box" which will come as a surprise to Lee "its the players fault" Johnson.

0-2

I have a prearranged family event this Saturday so dont have to go..............thank christ

This is probably going to be horrific. I expect Lewis Miller will carry the can and get dropped again even though the manager left him completely exposed last night.

Youan-Vente-Boyle 

Newell 

Stick any other players around those and hope for the best.

Fully prepared for all of our deliveries to be absolute dogshit, and/or any header ending up safely in the stands.

Last night was a bit of a confidence boost for me with some of the giants in our squad but at the same time, Hibs are more likely to go for the win here now that the European tie is done; if they were only a goal down they'd be more likely to rest up for this one but can't really see it now. My biggest worry is that our defence is more than capable of a few brain farts so I can't see us keeping a clean sheet with the quality Hibs have going forward.

George

de Lucas  -  Obileye  -  Devlin

Brandon  -  Holt  -  Shinnie  -  Montano

Pittman  -  Nouble

Guthrie

Brandon purely to get more crosses in rather than Penrice cutting inside, unsure if Anderson is available but if he's able to come off the bench then even better. Could also have either Sean Kelly or Sangare instead of Shinnie if you want an extra bit of defensive cover. Hopefully guys like Stephen Kelly, Penrice, Bradley, and Lawal can do something productive off the bench if needed. 

Was happy about Hibs getting to the play-offs so the game could be on the Sunday as I'm away until Saturday night, so f**k whoever (UEFA?) decided to move that game to the Wednesday, I hope it's a shitey boring game without even a referee decision to get excitedly angry about.

Edited by LiviLion

4 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Fully prepared for all of our deliveries to be absolute dogshit, and/or any header ending up safely in the stands.

Last night was a bit of a confidence boost for me with some of the giants in our squad but at the same time, Hibs are more likely to go for the win here now that the European tie is done; if they were only a goal down they'd be more likely to rest up for this one but can't really see it now. My biggest worry is that our defence is more than capable of a few brain farts so I can't see us keeping a clean sheet with the quality Hibs have going forward.

George

de Lucas  -  Obileye  -  Devlin

Brandon  -  Holt  -  Shinnie  -  Montano

Pittman  -  Nouble

Guthrie

Brandon purely to get more crosses in rather than Penrice cutting inside, unsure if Anderson is available but if he's able to come off the bench then even better. Could also have either Sean Kelly or Sangare instead of Shinnie if you want an extra bit of defensive cover. Hopefully guys like Stephen Kelly, Penrice, Bradley, and Lawal can do something productive off the bench if needed. 

Was happy about Hibs getting to the play-offs so the game could be on the Sunday as I'm away until Saturday night, so f**k whoever (UEFA?) decided to move that game to the Wednesday, I hope it's a shitey boring game without even a referee decision to get excitedly angry about.

I suspect this will be exactly the lineup.

If we can't finally score a goal away from home against that disasterous defence that we saw last night then we've got big problems. On the other hand, up front then Hibs are dangerous af. 

0-0

Well we're not playing a high line this season, so the likes of Boyle and Youan wont rip us apart for pace getting in behind us so easily, also the back 3 makes us a bit more solid. However we aren't scoring many goals either, so we need to be keeping a clean sheet to get a narrow win.

Set plays should be a big weapon for us, with so many tall physical players in our team, but along with poor deliveries, we just haven't been very good at scoring goals from them. Really need to get a big player in at the back post for set pieces against Hibs. Optimistic 1-0 or 2-1 Livi win.

A win here would hopefully kickstart our season. I'd take a point right now though, hopefully a scoring draw. Our away goal scoring record really is lamentable, and this is as good a time as any to rectify it. 

Having said that, Hibs will be looking to avenge last night. If they decide they're up for it, then who knows.

4 hours ago, LiviLion said:

Did you see his deliveries v Ayr? Woeful. Hope he's been working on them :D 

Hibs absolutely violated us a few times last season, as mentioned prior though a lot of that was down to playing a high line. We look a lot more defensively solid and back to the big bad brexitball Livi. If nothing else hopefully we get in their faces and rattle them a bit

Martindale has said before he likes a back 5 against a front 3 because the outside centre back and wing back can "double up" on the opposition winger. We'll likely see that today given how good Youan and Boyle are. It'll mean Montaño being pinned back so perhaps not able to contribute to our attacking as often as usual. On the other side, it'll probably mean Brandon coming back in for Penrice. Obileye having a good match against Vente is crucial to our chances.

A presser will come in for Stephen Kelly to clamp onto Newell. That'll possibly be Sangare but much more likely Pittman.

Long, aerial passes will be aimed at Guthrie if our back line are pressed. Nouble will look to pounce on Guthrie knock-downs as well as any Shinnie through passes if we can get our midfield on the ball. Rather than dropping deep, I expect Nouble to play higher today, closer to Guthrie in a more of a 5-2-1-2 shape. We'll be more direct today, getting the ball into the front line faster. 

If a result is still within our reach, Anderson's second half introduction could be important.