Hibernian's Next Permanent Manager 2023 Edition

Who will be Hibernian's Next Permanent Manager?  

315 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Lennon’s absolute car crash stint at Celtic should be enough to send Hibs running.

He was absolutely unhinged during that spell when things weren’t going his way.

Edited by AJF

7 hours ago, Hoose Rice said:

Robinson I've been told. 

Hope that's true, will make all the St Mirren fans even more raging than they are on a daily basis.

2 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Honestly, I'd be fucking raging. No point even pretending otherwise.

And rightly so, wouldn't make it any less funny from a neutral point of view though.

I do like Stephen Robinson but I do think it would constitute a reasonably significant change in style and personnel over time that may not be necessary.

My impression, which could be completely off, is he has a defence first approach. Arguably that's what we might need given the fantastical amount of goals we've let in already this season but I think we could attempt to try another warrior poet style manager and get away with it if they were competent. 

I read quite a good (if poorly typed, so take it with a pinch of salt) write-up of Montgomery from Central Coast Mariners on Hibsnet yesterday. Yorkshire guy originally, played for Scotland under the national team level, think he features quite prominently in my favourite Neil Warnock video as a player too so I'm sold. Also he's worked with Lewis Miller before and it was under his stewardship he got sold to us so arguably he's the best judge of whether we need to strengthen at right back or not.

Would be happy with Robinson don't get me wrong, but he's clearly enjoying his time at St Mirren so we'd have to be very confident in our approach if we were to disturb the natural balance of the Cinch.  

If Hibs come calling for Robinson then you'd imagine he'd take the job. I've no idea what salary he's on, but you'd expect Hibs would pay significantly more.

From a football point of view, he'll get to work with a bigger squad at a club that can attract bigger names. A club with aspirations of qualifying for Europe every season. I can see that it's an attractive proposition. 

There's a big but though. The current Hibs squad needs a bit of an overhaul, something that won't happen until January at the earliest. He came into St Mirren when we were doing well and on course for top 6, we lost game after game and weren't far away from being in the playoffs.

If he has a similar start to his Hibs career as he did to his St Mirren one, he'll be out the door pretty quick. 

St Mirren fans are the angriest fans on this forum. Probably the angriest set of fans I've ever experienced. Even (especially?) when they win.

There'll be a good number of them on here absolutely outraged and scandalised if Robinson goes to Hibs, so I'm all for it. Would be great viewing.

Edited by VincentGuerin

8 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

St Mirren fans are the angriest fans on this forum. Probably the angriest set of fans I've ever experienced. Even (especially?) when they win.

There'll be a good number of them on here absolutely outraged and scandalised if Robinson goes to Hibs, so I'm all for it. Would be great viewing.

They were terribly angry when they beat us. Too fixated on spewing venom at Trevor Carson. Odd bunch.

22 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

It's probably because you see them more often, the Falkirk and Morton fans would give them a good run for their money on the seething scale.

As an opposition fan, I'd be delighted if Hibs went for Lennon as it would be a car crash. If I was Hibs, I'd go for the Aussie manager. Robinson would be decent, but I wonder if a manager from outwith Scotland would come with something fresh and a massive knowledge of players in regions that until recently have been largely untapped. Hibs budget would allow for a few gems from Asia and Australia. 

Lennon would be a dreadful appointment IMO. The only positive would be the potential for derby scenes between him and Naismith. 

I wouldn’t be surprised to see someone come in that has previously worked with McDermott. It would make sense to pick someone that they know will have a good working relationship with him considering all the rumours of unrest behind the scenes recently. 

1 hour ago, VincentGuerin said:

@VincentGuerin, meet the resident St Johnstone fans. St Johnstone fans, meet Vincent. 

1 hour ago, VincentGuerin said:

I wouldn't be angry if Robinson left, disappointed yes but not angry.

Same when Goodwin left. I think most St Mirren fans realise where we are I'm the foodchain and I certainly don't begrudge these guys a job that pays more.

Based purely on the likelihood off being binned in the next 9 months Robinson would be crazy to go to Hibs. But obviously a lot more to consider.

Guest DannyBlue

Lennon is 4/7! If we get Lennon, then I will be completely confused about what the club is doing. To sack Lee Johnson and hire him at the end of August suggests no strategy whatsoever. Lennon was available in the summer and if we were only a bad start to the season away from punting Johnson and hiring Neil Lennon why not just do it after last season ended and give him preseason to work with the team? Each move the board makes just so obviously reeks of being reactionary instead of having any coherent strategy in place.

1 hour ago, houston_bud said:

I wouldn't be angry if Robinson left, disappointed yes but not angry.

Same when Goodwin left. I think most St Mirren fans realise where we are I'm the foodchain and I certainly don't begrudge these guys a job that pays more.

Based purely on the likelihood off being binned in the next 9 months Robinson would be crazy to go to Hibs. But obviously a lot more to consider.

Honestly think he'd be better waiting till the next guy gets sacked and hoping it's near a transfer window if he wants the Hibs job AND to be given a fair chance of success. I could understand, were it offered, if he were to think that it might not come round again so he has to jump at it, though. Things don't always happen at the "ideal" time in this world. I think it'd be a bit of a disaster for us Buds though.

20 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Honestly think he'd be better waiting till the next guy gets sacked and hoping it's near a transfer window if he wants the Hibs job AND to be given a fair chance of success. I could understand, were it offered, if he were to think that it might not come round again so he has to jump at it, though. Things don't always happen at the "ideal" time in this world. I think it'd be a bit of a disaster for us Buds though.

Yeah, this. If I'm Robinson, I'm waiting to take the Hibs job in December.