St Johnstone vs Dundee FC - 02/09/23

40 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Didn't take long for me to type my thoughts on St Johnstone nor was it too strenuous.

As a final word for now, when the double was won you had the advantage in every meaningful game with no fans inside the ground. Where other players and clubs struggled the Saints were basically playing in their natural habitat. The most intimidating sound being a swooping seagull is right out the book of McDairmid Park. Let's hope you turn out for your newest cup final this weekend for the sake of Dundee. The larger the crowd the more likely your Diddy players are likely to fold.

Thank you.

Deary Me! Wow!

On another point, interested in the use of the word "Diddy" a lot in your monologue is this one of those words that has a specific meaning that is only a Dundee thing! 

Just asking! 

1 hour ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

I genuinely don't give a shite about Perth St Johnstone and see you as another diddy club alongside the Livi etc. That might be hard to accept since you lot seem to hold a grudge against Dundee. Whether it's because of a big City being on the doorstep of your smalltime hovel or it's been passed down the generations since 1962 i really don't know, maybe you can tell me?

On the day of your Scottish cup triumph againt the DABs i was doing cartwheels and maybe sadly felt great happiness that the filth hadn't won. On the day of your cup winning double many Dees including me said fair play in what was a great achievement for a Diddy club. 

I'd put the likes of the Hamilton as more detestable than Perth Saints. You lot are purely diddies who are going through a great spell in your history. All things come to an end though as i've told plenty of teams before - look at your Inverness, Cowdenbeath and Hamilton. 

Dundee are favourites for the drop and anything but a Saints win would confirm to many that the time has come for Perth to go back to Championship football where they belong and close the chapter of relative success for a period of struggle and diddyness. Its been a long time coming to be fair and credit to the Saints in many ways. The outnumbering of the home fans is a glimpse that some things will never change however.

Thank you.

50 Years You’ve Won f**k ALL

4 hours ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

I genuinely don't give a shite about Perth St Johnstone and see you as another diddy club alongside the Livi etc. That might be hard to accept since you lot seem to hold a grudge against Dundee. Whether it's because of a big City being on the doorstep of your smalltime hovel or it's been passed down the generations since 1962 i really don't know, maybe you can tell me?

I can’t speak for everyone on here, but most Saints fans I know prefer having Dundee in the top league along with us. Probably Utd as well to be fair.

I’d sooner see us up against Dundee that st mirren, Kilmarnock, Motherwell or any of those other weegie teams.  The fact that Dundee haven’t finished above Saints for 15 (fifteen) years doesn’t means that much anymore, so here’s a wee video for our good friends and neighbours from down the Tay to enjoy..

Spoiler

4 hours ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Didn't take long for me to type my thoughts on St Johnstone nor was it too strenuous.

As a final word for now, when the double was won you had the advantage in every meaningful game with no fans inside the ground. Where other players and clubs struggled the Saints were basically playing in their natural habitat. The most intimidating sound being a swooping seagull is right out the book of McDairmid Park. Let's hope you turn out for your newest cup final this weekend for the sake of Dundee. The larger the crowd the more likely your Diddy players are likely to fold.

Thank you.

image.png.4d7e55b8a9bfd6f0f861d93a4fe6b027.png

6 hours ago, tam the bud said:

The St Mirren v Dundee thread was tragic, but after only 3 pages, i reckon this thread will be worst.

Will pop back in tomorrow for a quick read from page 20   🤪

Just wait for somebody to call it a derby 

7 hours ago, tam the bud said:

The St Mirren v Dundee thread was tragic, but after only 3 pages, i reckon this thread will be worst.

I’m not advising anyone to go and read it but that thread was infinitely worse than this. It confirmed one thing, that St Mirren have the biggest set of roasters on P and B. 

42 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

I’m not advising anyone to go and read it but that thread was infinitely worse than this. It confirmed one thing, that St Mirren have the biggest set of roasters on P and B. 

17 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Draw. 

Nah, I think St Mirren win it.

Edited by Valentino Bolognese

4 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Draw. 

In another month we should be looking at that as an absolute minimum but against Celtic, despite a much better performance, we did ride our luck a wee bit. Folk always say you need them to have an off day to get anything and we seem to have caught them struggling a bit with transition coupled with some below average finishing and Mitov heroics.

Dundee looked pretty decent on Sunday, but saying that Hearts were mince for the most part, so hard to get a handle on. Can see Dundee getting a few chances and we might not be quite so lucky.

This is a hard one to call but I'm wildly optimistic about this Costelloe boy after he skinned Scales twice at the weekend and manged to get a shot on target from that angle. Seems quick too. And we've still no idea about Turner-Cooke in a properly attacking role but at least he looked fit.

Saints 3 Dundee 3.  Costelloe, JTC, Kane (pen), Shaughnessy, Considine (OG x 2).

4 red cards. MacLean, Craig and Phillips (2).

And remember, anything can happen in a derby.

8 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

In another month we should be looking at that as an absolute minimum but against Celtic, despite a much better performance, we did ride our luck a wee bit. Folk always say you need them to have an off day to get anything and we seem to have caught them struggling a bit with transition coupled with some below average finishing and Mitov heroics.

Dundee looked pretty decent on Sunday, but saying that Hearts were mince for the most part, so hard to get a handle on. Can see Dundee getting a few chances and we might not be quite so lucky.

This is a hard one to call but I'm wildly optimistic about this Costelloe boy after he skinned Scales twice at the weekend and manged to get a shot on target from that angle. Seems quick too. And we've still no idea about Turner-Cooke in a properly attacking role but at least he looked fit.

Saints 3 Dundee 3.  Costelloe, JTC, Kane (pen), Shaughnessy, Considine (OG x 2).

4 red cards. MacLean, Craig and Phillips (2).

And remember, anything can happen in a derby.

No! It’s been said 😬🤦‍♂️

15 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

0-1 away win, McCowan backheel from 30 yards out.

Mid air back heel.

Thank you.

14 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Could wear the jersey your team wore the last time you won the Scottish Cup... 

image.jpeg.6c6b818f28da9eed2052d4b9cd7c58b1.jpeg

That guys in a ket-hole. Hope he survived.

2 hours ago, Fifespud said:

Early days yet for this thread and all teams have some roasters fans posting shit. 

10 hours ago, tam the bud said:

There's absolutely nae chance this thread is topping that. 

12 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

I can’t speak for everyone on here, but most Saints fans I know prefer having Dundee in the top league along with us. Probably Utd as well to be fair.

I’d sooner see us up against Dundee that st mirren, Kilmarnock, Motherwell or any of those other weegie teams.  The fact that Dundee haven’t finished above Saints for 15 (fifteen) years doesn’t means that much anymore, so here’s a wee video for our good friends and neighbours from down the Tay to enjoy..

Reveal hidden contents

Of course you would. Your entire songbook is devoted to hating Dundee.

I like this game because of it's proximity to Dundee. Arbroath has a similar feel to it. We haven't really taken a good following to Perth for a while and it's usually to do with how shite the team have been during those last few visits. Hopefully with our good start to the season we can take a decent crowd through