St Johnstone vs Dundee FC - 02/09/23

Well that was tough to swallow. Was surprised at how bad St. Johnstone were. Absolutely horrendous. Still got a point though.

Thought we were excellent and on another day could have been 5 easily. Hopefully ruing chances isn’t a theme all season.

How good is Beck by the way?

Onwards and upwards. 

Edited by Liam899

2 hours ago, johnnydun said:

St Johnstone offer absolutely nothing.

Stevie May is a fuckin' tramp.

Well hello....

2 hours ago, rainbowrising said:

Reality is, their keeper saved them at Parkheid last week. 

Getting there...

2 hours ago, SweeperDee said:

Saints look relegation fodder, and with that being said, 2-0. Up ye’s.

Almost there...

1 hour ago, rainbowrising said:

They ain't coming back from this! 

tractor GIF

YAAAAASSSSS

To say the least - Oh, truly disappointed. Truly, truly, truly. 

Thing is, if I had a choice of going forward this season with our team / squad or St Johnstone’s I would comfortably pick our team / squad.   I don’t think it’s even up for debate which of the two managers is preferable for the season ahead.

Having said that, TD’s substitutions, coupled with poor finishing lost us that game.  Given we played 10 players that weren’t with us last season and TD is still getting the measure of the players I’m confident TD will learn from today.

Firmly in control for 80 minutes with Saints looking dreadful. At 2-0 up and dominating you can afford to bring on some reserve players and give them minutes (like Docherty did with Rudden and Reilly) but as soon as St Johnstone scored the plan should have changed. Those changes made Dundee far worse at the same time Saints got a morale boost, thats on Tony Docherty.

Although regardless of the score, bringing Rudden on is never the answer.

For most of this game we were awful and Dundee should have won easily, however our subs turned the game. Thought Chris Kane made such a difference with his holding up play and winning free kicks. Dan Philips had a terrific game and is a good captain. Pleased for Max, he is a little terrier and took his goals well.

We are lucky to get the point but fought for it in the last 10 minutes so onward and upwards. We will get better but need to run up the field more with the ball and be more direct and quicker like Dundee were able to do.

On 27/08/2023 at 20:08, Fifespud said:

Cannot wait for this game. We’ve got less points and we should have and we’re getting better every week. Saints are shite and have 1 flukey point. 
Time to steamroll these cuntos and re-establish the ‘natural order’. 

On 27/08/2023 at 20:43, Fifespud said:

Bottling it already. Was always there when they were on top. Shitebaggery. 

Anyone checked on Mr Spud? 

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂🤷‍♂️

Thoroughly enjoyed that for 80 minutes or so. Even after we conceded the first I had absolutely no concerns about us seeing it out as I thought St Johnstone were horrific.

Absolute sickener at the end but still plenty of positives to take from it.

St Johnstone's number 44 Costelloe is perhaps the worst winger I've ever witnessed. Can't imagine he'll get a game for long as Beck absolutely had him bitched.

Awk well - Celtic Park next.

Edited by Ludo*1

Think the most heartbreaking thing today for us was that Zak Rudden came off our bench instead of St Johnstone's. Really wished we'd seen the last of him. Absolutely nowhere near it. One on one with the keeper and putting it wide is just unforgivable.

5 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Think the most heartbreaking thing today for us was that Zak Rudden came off our bench instead of St Johnstone's. Really wished we'd seen the last of him. Absolutely nowhere near it. One on one with the keeper and putting it wide is just unforgivable.

100% we'd have signed him if Davidson wasn't bulleted.

28 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Anyone checked on Mr Spud? 

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂🤷‍♂️

I’ve checked in, and congratulated you. Don’t think there was much wrong with what I said to be fair, we’ve now got even less points than we should have, you’ve got 1 more. 

7 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

His substitution is a major part of the reason we got back into it. Dundee’s attack disappeared once he came on. He is fucking rubbish.

Rudden is another McPake signing that we can't get rid of and now Docherty is playing him.

To think the ex St J. Manager even took him on loan?

WTF do they see that we can't, he's never even a decent Championship player?

Edited by eindhovendee
Splelgni