St Johnstone vs Dundee FC - 02/09/23

Delighted to get a point, showed character to hang in and nick it.

But up to the last 10 minutes or so that was one of the most inept St Johnstone performances I’ve seen in a long time.

Genuinely looked like a few schoolboys playing against grown men the way Costelloe and Robinson were brushed aside. Others as well.

Dundee should be fine this season, though other than us I don’t see many stand out candidates for relegation so there’s no guarantees, especially if we manage to find some form ??!!

A massively missed opportunity by Dundee. How bad we were and how out of sight Dundee should have been made the late equaliser all the sweeter.  Beck looks a very good signing and they had a bit of pace and physical presence throughout the team.

Hope the dees had a good day out in the Perth sunshine.

Have to say, thought the majority of St Johnstone's new players looked fucking rotten including the keeper but that seems to be a bit of a one off for him as he looked terrific the week before at Parkhead. That being said, Dan Phillips looks a real good find. Probably St Johnstone's only footballer in the first half. Chris Kane and obviously, Max K increasing the quality they had in the second half.

Felt Philips was pretty poor first half in all honesty. Dundee were all over him and he had difficulties coping. 

castelloe, very poor. Appreciate early days for him but don’t see him making it. Mitov looked wobbly, not helped with McLelland and Considine in front of him. 

Also, who’d have thought going to a 4-4-2 would make the difference? 

Just now, The Real Saints said:

Thought Mitov maybe could have done better with the first goal, but can't see anything he did wrong otherwise. Brilliant save from Tiffoney.

He fairly flapped with a couple of fairly tame crosses I felt.

3 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Also, who’d have thought going to a 4-4-2 would make the difference? 

It usually does. I kind of understand the desire to play 5(3) 3(5) 2 but getting 3 limited centre halfs to play nicely together seems very difficult with the players at the disposal of teams like ours. 

You could see how much it meant to St Johnstone getting their point against Dundee. 

Long season ahead and another 90 minutes of good football from Dundee. 32 matches to go before we can evaluate whether the champions league winning celebrations were justified or not from Perth.

Until next time, diddies.

Thank You.

Saints were very lucky to come away with a draw there, but I'd say it was as much Dundee's poor subs allowing us back into the game than Saints doing much themselves, although Kane deffinately made the difference.

For all Dundee were better today, pretty obvious this will be the bottom two this season. Doubt Saints will play as bad as that again and Dundee should really have capitalised on that.

You could tell from a Saints perspective that some of these guys have played little senior football and today will be a big lesson. Equally, you can tell Dundee have some streetwise players and a very good manager. Agree with the consensus re Beck.

Not quite 'falling apart' from Saints, but clearly gaps needing sorted. 

4 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

You could see how much it meant to St Johnstone getting their point against Dundee. 

Long season ahead and another 90 minutes of good football from Dundee. 32 matches to go before we can evaluate whether the champions league winning celebrations were justified or not from Perth.

Thank You.

Scoring a last minute equaliser after putting in as dreadful a performance as we had done when we should have been dead and buried tends to result in big celebrations to be honest.

As someone has already said VAR does take away that, i suppose exuberance when a goal is scored!

Irrespective how shite and incompetence we were ( St Johnstone obviously) a last gasp equaliser is still something that still should get most fans jumping, and giving the "old get it up you" to the opposing fans!

So as i was doing the above to the Dees! my Grandson was sitting still not getting to excited ! when i actually stopped my celebration i asked him are you not happy we scored ! His answer i am waiting on Var decision if it was a goal? 

9 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Thank You.

I think the "Saints are falling apart again "was most Dees Highlight today??? See you next time when our teenagers have a few more games together!

Oh and still awaiting some answers on "Diddies" and "Out sold the home  support" anyway enjoy you night of feeling superior!   

4 minutes ago, Center half said:

I think the "Saints are falling apart again "was most Dees Highlight today??? See you next time when our teenagers have a few more games together!

Oh and still awaiting some answers on "Diddies" and "Out sold the home  support" anyway enjoy you night of feeling superior!   

I think you’re the third St Johnstone poster that has mentioned that song.

Do you think St Johnstone are in genuine trouble this season?