St Johnstone vs Dundee FC - 02/09/23

2 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

Tough game to call - both teams going in to this off the back of fantastic results respectively. 

I don't think St Johnstone are anywhere near a crisis that they are being made out to be in, but that is probably just my naivety as to the daily ongoing in Perth.

We are a totally different team to the several before that St Johnstone have played and because of that I'm going in to this game with a lot of optimism. I can see us winning this in a hard fought match.

2-1 Dee.

Ha,ha! A goal for us!

8 minutes ago, Girth said:

The Doc will have the troops fired up after a fantastic win against The Wet Farts yesterday. 

I don’t think St Johnstone have even scored yet this season!?

0-17 Dees. 

Thank you. 

That seems fair tbh although I don't think Sainties will manage to score as many as zero.

(Minus)-3-17

Edited by Fifespud

2 hours ago, The Saintee said:

Ha,ha! A goal for us!

Aye.

Two teams who seem to struggle to score, and both have one of the best keepers in the league.

Absolute NAP of a 0-0.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye.

Two teams who seem to struggle to score, and both have one of the best keepers in the league.

Absolute NAP of a 0-0.

Although our strikers are struggling for form currently we have still scored in all three games we've played. Not a bad trait to have when your strikers aren't firing. I can't see us not scoring.

Another game where we'll outnumber the home fans. Must be demoralising for these clubs when that's the case - especially in a so-called Derby.

This match will be tight however due to how much it means to Perth. Docherty needs to drum it into the players to up their game and not treat these like the run of the mill diddies such as the County or Livi as they'll be more up for it than usual.

A must win for St Johnstone so all the pressure is on them after a terrible start to the season. As for Dundee anything but a defeat will do but there's no reason we can't be beating this rabble.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Another game where we'll outnumber the home fans. Must be demoralising for these clubs when that's the case - especially in a so-called Derby.

This match will be tight however due to how much it means to Perth. Docherty needs to drum it into the players to up their game and not treat these like the run of the mill diddies such as the County or Livi as they'll be more up for it than usual.

A must win for St Johnstone so all the pressure is on them after a terrible start to the season. As for Dundee anything but a defeat will do but there's no reason we can't be beating this rabble.

Thank you.

You do try hard, I’ll give you that.

Mind that time Dundee fans were all over the match thread saying they were bringing 4000 for a game when they were just back from their biennial trip doonstairs and they ended up bringing barely 2000 or so?   2014/15 maybe?

Would love to see a big Dundee support through, it’s been a while. Most of the time it’s similar numbers to st mirren or Kilmarnock these days which doesn’t lead to a great derby atmosphere.

24 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

You do try hard, I’ll give you that.

Mind that time Dundee fans were all over the match thread saying they were bringing 4000 for a game when they were just back from their biennial trip doonstairs and they ended up bringing barely 2000 or so?   2014/15 maybe?

Would love to see a big Dundee support through, it’s been a while. Most of the time it’s similar numbers to st mirren or Kilmarnock these days which doesn’t lead to a great derby atmosphere.

I genuinely don't give a shite about Perth St Johnstone and see you as another diddy club alongside the Livi etc. That might be hard to accept since you lot seem to hold a grudge against Dundee. Whether it's because of a big City being on the doorstep of your smalltime hovel or it's been passed down the generations since 1962 i really don't know, maybe you can tell me?

On the day of your Scottish cup triumph againt the DABs i was doing cartwheels and maybe sadly felt great happiness that the filth hadn't won. On the day of your cup winning double many Dees including me said fair play in what was a great achievement for a Diddy club. 

I'd put the likes of the Hamilton as more detestable than Perth Saints. You lot are purely diddies who are going through a great spell in your history. All things come to an end though as i've told plenty of teams before - look at your Inverness, Cowdenbeath and Hamilton. 

Dundee are favourites for the drop and anything but a Saints win would confirm to many that the time has come for Perth to go back to Championship football where they belong and close the chapter of relative success for a period of struggle and diddyness. Its been a long time coming to be fair and credit to the Saints in many ways. The outnumbering of the home fans is a glimpse that some things will never change however.

Thank you.

Edited by Dundee-FC92

13 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

I genuinely don't give a shite about Perth St Johnstone and see you as another diddy club alongside the Livi etc. That might be hard to accept since you lot seem to hold a grudge against Dundee. Whether it's because of a big City being on the doorstep of your smalltime hovel or it's been passed down the generations since 1962 i really don't know, maybe you can tell me?

On the day of your Scottish cup triumph againt the DABs i was doing cartwheels and maybe sadly felt great happiness that the filth hadn't won. On the day of your cup winning double many Dees including me said fair play in what was a great achievement for a Diddy club. 

I'd put the likes of the Hamilton as more detestable than Perth Saints. You lot are purely diddies who are going through a great spell in your history. All things come to an end though as i've told plenty of teams before - look at your Inverness, Cowdenbeath and Hamilton. 

Dundee are favourites for the drop and anything but a Saints win would confirm to many that the time has come for Perth to go back to Championship football where they belong and close the chapter of relative success for a period of struggle and diddyness. Its been a long time coming to be fair and credit to the Saints in many ways. The outnumbering of the home fans is a glimpse that some things will never change however.

Thank you.

f**k me really trying hard now!😂🤣

Bet that all sounded good in your head to!

2 hours ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Thank you.

18 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Thank you.

:lol:

4 hours ago, Center half said:

f**k me really trying hard now!😂🤣

Bet that all sounded good in your head to!

Didn't take long for me to type my thoughts on St Johnstone nor was it too strenuous.

As a final word for now, when the double was won you had the advantage in every meaningful game with no fans inside the ground. Where other players and clubs struggled the Saints were basically playing in their natural habitat. The most intimidating sound being a swooping seagull is right out the book of McDairmid Park. Let's hope you turn out for your newest cup final this weekend for the sake of Dundee. The larger the crowd the more likely your Diddy players are to fold.

Thank you.

Edited by Dundee-FC92

6 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Anyway. Retro jersey day at McDiarmid this Saturday, so hopefully the Dees get in on the fun.

Could wear the jersey your team wore the last time you won the Scottish Cup... 

image.jpeg.6c6b818f28da9eed2052d4b9cd7c58b1.jpeg

At least you acknowledge that Dundee are still vastly more successful than St Johnstone. Usually we are told that time limits exist on success.